Pretty much Healed in 13 months

[Sn...]

I've been feeling a lot better since around 11 months but it wasn't until the last month or the 13th month that my central nervous system has seemed to be stabalizing to where I feel comfortable saying that withdrawal is pretty much over for me. All I have left as for physical symptoms are waves of Tinnitus and some very light facial tingling off and on which I have no doubt it will completely heal as well within a few more months but it's not even really an annoyance anymore. Head pressure was my worst symptom by far and I had it straight for 9 months or so before it started to loosen up but it was by far my scariest and most persistent symptom as it felt as if it was permanent and waves were unbearable though it's hard to remember how all those symptoms felt as I'm living a normal life again it's easy to forget. Looking back I now realize that my physical symptoms were a manifestation of anxiety and then as the anxiety lessened the CNS and the muscles and nerves effected have had to heal, without getting into the technical receptor stuff anyways. I know that my case was a pretty extreme one as I had pretty much every symptom of the hundreds out there and I was pretty much bed ridden for the better part of a year so all of you still suffering have faith that your withdrawal will subside for you as well. I know you hear it all the time but the best advice is time, eating right, staying away from alcohol and exercising as much as possible and I know how hard it is to do these things in withdrawal but overtime you will be able to do these things again for sure. I still regret not going slower with my tapering because I believe that the deeper you go into withdrawal the more things that can go wrong and the more time that it takes for things to heal afterwards so I would recommend to anyone who is within a few months out from stopping and who are suffering unbearable symptoms to reinstate and go slower but I also want those who are really bad off to know that you will truly get better. For the first 6 months I wasn't even able to figure out how to log into Benzo Buddies due to cognitive problems and physical issues and here I am repairing and building computers again while enjoying every day of life, reconnecting emotionally with my family and children, I'm thinking of starting a new business and finally feeling that I can start dating once again. Something else, once you get through something this difficult the last thing that you want to do is to think about it because part of what allows you to heal is avoiding stress and anxiety and reading about it day in and day out causes you to stay in that horrible withdrawal anxiety state so I think that is why we are lacking success stories on BB so to those who are healed and spend time on this forum helping others my hats off to you! Oh and for those of you who are taking Gabapentin I took 600 mg a day throughout the first 6 months which took the edge off but I started tapering it as soon as I felt that I could and completely stopped last week and I don't feel like I'm withdrawing from it at all so it can be withdrawn from successfully but I did go very slow and did a liquid taper down to 40 mg a day before deciding to stop. I know it did cause my symptoms to increase a lot everytime I lowered it so it may have slowed my recovery but you do heal from Benzo withdrawal while taking it. Also I did a few cycles of Ginkgo which definitely seems to have been something that had a very positive effect on withdrawal symptoms subsiding for me anyways.

Well I've gone on enough so I guess I will end this by saying Thank You and Good Luck to all of you Benzo Buddies and I promise to try and stop in from time to time to help and give back as much as I can, much Love and Peace to all of You!! 

Hi, thank you for coming back and let us know there is a hope. You healed and I'm so happy for you!!!

Wishing you a happy life with lots of love and laughs.

Can I ask you did you had some burning  thingling head and scalp too? That's my worst symptoms and don't see is getting any better.

Vica

Congratulations!  What a great story, and thanks for taking the time to come back and share your victory!  I was just feeling sad yesterday because I've read all the success stories, and it seemed like there haven't been new ones recently.

Can you share a little more about taking ginkgo?  When did you start taking it, and how much/how often?  In what ways do you think it helped?

Thanks again - enjoy your new life!!

Hi, thank you for coming back and let us know there is a hope. You healed and I'm so happy for you!!!

Wishing you a happy life with lots of love and laughs.

Can I ask you did you had some burning  thingling head and scalp too? That's my worst symptoms and don't see is getting any better.

Vica

My scalp burned so bad words can't do it justice along with my face. Nerves were on fire along with muscle tension. It all healed but it takes a long time that's for sure!!

Congratulations!  What a great story, and thanks for taking the time to come back and share your victory!  I was just feeling sad yesterday because I've read all the success stories, and it seemed like there haven't been new ones recently.

Can you share a little more about taking ginkgo?  When did you start taking it, and how much/how often?  In what ways do you think it helped?

Thanks again - enjoy your new life!!

At around 9 months I felt like my healing was kinda stuck so I got fed up and felt like I had to try something. If you search through my messages under my profile you will see my posts on the Ginkgo thread and the thread is full of great information. It helped with a few symptoms such as depression, Tinnitus and dp right away and in the long run I would say it helped with everything. It's pretty amazing stuff in my opinion but as with anything be very careful and read up on it before trying it because you never know with this withdrawal stuff. Good luck, you are on your way to the other side for sure :thumbsup:

Big congratulations and thank you for jumping back in and give us all some much needed hope :thumbsup:

I wish you a happy happy life :smitten:

Hey Snide,

Congrats on a job well done!

Surviving any amount of time with this bullshit makes anybody a hero in my book!

Enjoy your recovery and new life as I will my friend, and thanks for spreading the message of hope for others so they can find their way.

Mr B.

• 4 years later...