Teakettle's request for Titration schedule from Colin

[Te...]

Hello Colin!  AS I have gotten lower on my dose the symptoms have become unbearable. Last night I up dosed to 1mg/day. I plan to hold for 2 weeks to stabilize and then would like to do a slow

titration taper.

Please help me with a titration schedule.

1. My pills are 1mg

2. I take .5mg 2x/day

3. I would like to cut at 5%/week

4. I have purchased a 100ml graduated cylinder (1ml graduations)

5. I would like to start March 8,2010

Thanks

Teakettle

Hi Colin

Thanks for helping me with a titration schedule. I am anxious to start a gradual titration. If you thing it would be smoother to make daily cuts rather than weekly or have some input as to the rate of

taper considering my high original dose/rapid taper (I did not know any better) please give me your best advise. I will follow it. I have seen that some people like TC plan holds at various points to

recover/let cuts catch up. What ever rate of cut you think would help me have a less painful taper I am more than anxious to follow. Thank you Colin for your Web site and your time!!!!!

Colin I noticed that you worked up a 1%/day cut for Truck. If that is slow enough and easier on the body and mind I am game for what ever you think is the safest.

Thank's

Teakettle

Hi Colin:

I have received my graduated cylinder. Symptoms do not seem to be getting any better by holding (inner trembling & insomnia etc). So I guess I should get on with the slow taper unless you think I should give it more time.

Thanks

Teakettle

Hi,

I'll work up a schedule for you a little later. First, you will need to decide upon a taper rate. You have mention 5% per week and 1% per day. Unless you have suffer very great problems tapering, 1% per day is probably very achievable. The taper rate can be changed later if the need arises.

HI Colin

Thanks for taking care of my need for a taper plan. The 1%/day sounds good as that would seem to be in continuous small increments thus not giving my body shocks like I did when I was

doing dry cuts. I have a 100ml graduated cylinder marked at 1ml. My tabs are 1mgK and I am currently taking 1mg/day. I like the idea of 1%/day that I also do not need to think about holding

after each cut I can just keep moving on to health.

Thanks

Teakettle

Hi Teakettle,

Here's your schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-teakettle-2010-02-25.html.

Please add the following code to your signature line (through your profile):

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-teakettle-2010-02-25.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

Each day, make up 100ml using a single powdered 1mg pill, but drink just the amount indicated by the schedule. You may divide up your daily dose into a number of smaller doses over the day to suit your needs.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions or problems.

Colin.

Thatismytruck, I've edited Teakettle's signature.  ;)

Teakettle, maybe you are unused to using a computer. If you highlight the text from the code box (left-click (and hold down) and slide across the text, release left-click, then right-click the highlighted text, and select 'copy' >> now, go to your profile, right-click in the signature edit box, and select 'paste'. This should do the trick for you in the future. ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi Teakettle.

When I get down to 1 mg of C in I want to liquid titration. I will will be taking .5 in am and .5 in Pm. When I looked at the plant Colin gave you you did 1% per day right. Did you mix the whole 1mg together and split between two doses or did you do I .5 tab first and then the second .5 pill. It all seems so confusing but I want to get this right.

Lisa668

Hi 1668

When I mix up my daily Brew I crush a 1mgK tab.

After I am done mixing and removing the daily reduction of 1ml Brew or .01mgK, I split the mixture in two portions. For me since I have sleep issues, I take 40% of the daily

dose am and 60% pm. I make my Brew at night, store it in two small plastic containers w/lids and refrigerate until use.

Hope this helps 1668

Teakettle

Thanks Teakettle,

You mentioned at a certain point that .65 ml that you were to take 1 ml every two days is this right and then when did you go back up to 1 ml day. Math was never my strong point.

lisa668

Hi 1668

I tapered to fast from 6mgk. I went back up to 1mgK to try to stop severe withdrawal symptoms. Then I began the 1%/day titration. At about 1/2 way down my titration or .5mgK I began

cutting 1% or 1ml every other day. Some times I cut every day it just depends on how much pain I want to feel!

Hope this helps 1668!

Teakettle