Marijuana

[nh...]

Will marijuana use effect my withdrawal? Since I can't drink which I have but I'm choosing to quit not can't I just smoke and get threw this? At least I can enjoy myself somewhat

All I can say from my experience is be carful with alcohol. It ruined my first taper. I smoke daily and feel ok. It's just not social sometimes like alcohol but some relief.

I have been off benzos for a bit but started drinking for a few months due to my daughter born at 27 weeks being in ICN she's home now I hope I didn't blow recovery I'm done with the booze now

Yikes, Weed has always given me anxiety and usually has that effect on some people, but if it calms you, then cool. I'd say a completely Drug Free(Including Caffeine and Weed) Taper and recovery is best for your brain to heal tho.

That grass is some bad shit.. it will fuck you up!

What are you doing, drinking booze and smoking shit?  Do you really want to recover from benzos, or are you just talking?

I'm only trying to keep it real with you.. if you're offended, sorry, but the truth will set you free, as they say..

In the past 8 years I stopped taking benzos a few times with no problem at all. but as soon as I smoked weed I had to go back on them again

I smoke Super low THC indica (CBD) Marijuana, not every day, but on occasion. Calms me down a bit.

I'd stay away from alcohol. It works against your healing. I can drink a 12 oz beer once in awhile

at this point, but not for most of my taper. Eat and drink super healthy, ie, carrot juice, salads, fruits, veggies,

lay off the pizza, etc.

-Jman

Absolutely do what's best for you guys and gals but also show me a study on how grass is some horrible substance for you. Maybe it isn't for some folks with bad anxiety or tapering medication, different circumstances.. I just smoked a bowl and feel great and my anxiety is still here but from the withdrawal. It's a to each there own kind of situation. And of course if your an addict of some sorts I'd avoid anything that you can get a high off of. Don't discredit marijuana bc you've had a bad taste for it solely. Opinions are like assholes, we all have one but facts are facts.

I've recently been smoking some strong indicas. Not that often, maybe one or two evenings a week. It calms me down, lets me enjoy myself a bit while watching shows or listening to music, and then I drift off to sleep and wake up the next day as if I never smoked at all, with no "hangover" or revved up symptoms. It has definitely been a great help to me these past few weeks.

Benzos took away many things from me, including alcohol, but I'm glad it didn't take this away.

I've recently been smoking some strong indicas. Not that often, maybe one or two evenings a week. It calms me down, lets me enjoy myself a bit while watching shows or listening to music, and then I drift off to sleep and wake up the next day as if I never smoked at all, with no "hangover" or revved up symptoms. It has definitely been a great help to me these past few weeks.

Benzos took away many things from me, including alcohol, but I'm glad it didn't take this away.

Fucking A! That's the same way I feel.

• 1 year later...
Marijuana (medical indica vapor) is the only thing helping my withdrawal right now 😑 I’m nervous reading all this. I’ve been a regular smoker for years.

• 3 weeks later...

What are you doing, drinking booze and smoking shit?  Do you really want to recover from benzos, or are you just talking?

I'm only trying to keep it real with you.. if you're offended, sorry, but the truth will set you free, as they say..

Some people actually have a mecial condition that requires medication, and if MJ helps, it's far less impactful than some random chemicals invented last month peddled by the evil that is big pharma. Cannabis has helped so many people I know that don't want to be on pills but have a condition.  You're on speed and were on benzos..uppers and downers.  I'm thinking you're just a junkie.  No one likes a judgemental junkie. 

Everyone is different in the end.

For some people weed will make them calmer and help, for others it would be causing increased anxiety. You can just give it a try or read more about it whether there're some proven benefits.

What I read e.g. is that weed with a high CBD percentage helps more than with high THC

I was a casual smoker before I started withdrawal - I'd smoke on Fridays and chill with a movie or something. Since I started tapering off Valium I've had to cut waaay back on the caffeine because it was just making me so sick. I had pretty much stopped drinking already since it always interacted with the V and left me with no tolerance all.

I can say that marijuana has been such an incredible relief to me during withdrawal. I thought it would make me paranoid/anxious, but nope! My headaches ease up, my heart rate goes down, I have more of an appetite and I'm less nauseous, I sleep better...and most importantly, I'm relaxed!

It's hard to imagine doing this without weed, though I know I could if I had to, like if it started to have a negative reaction later. I'm not thrilled at how much my tolerance has gone up, or how often I'm "under the influence," and plan to cut back when this is all said and done. For now though, it's really the best "medicine" I've found and well worth the drawbacks.

I can absolutely believe that others have had a bad time with it making them more anxious, and there's probably something to the notion that the fewer substances in our bodies the better for healing during withdrawal...but that has not been my experience, at least not so far. Just consider your symptoms and be careful at first until you know what it does to/for you.

Gwinna

I was a casual smoker before I started withdrawal - I'd smoke on Fridays and chill with a movie or something. Since I started tapering off Valium I've had to cut waaay back on the caffeine because it was just making me so sick. I had pretty much stopped drinking already since it always interacted with the V and left me with no tolerance all.

I can say that marijuana has been such an incredible relief to me during withdrawal. I thought it would make me paranoid/anxious, but nope! My headaches ease up, my heart rate goes down, I have more of an appetite and I'm less nauseous, I sleep better...and most importantly, I'm relaxed!

It's hard to imagine doing this without weed, though I know I could if I had to, like if it started to have a negative reaction later. I'm not thrilled at how much my tolerance has gone up, or how often I'm "under the influence," and plan to cut back when this is all said and done. For now though, it's really the best "medicine" I've found and well worth the drawbacks.

I can absolutely believe that others have had a bad time with it making them more anxious, and there's probably something to the notion that the fewer substances in our bodies the better for healing during withdrawal...but that has not been my experience, at least not so far. Just consider your symptoms and be careful at first until you know what it does to/for you.

Gwinna

Hi,

Is Wellbutrin helping your depression? Mine is treatment resistant, making everything very difficult right now.

Has it increased your anxiety or insomnia?

Are you tapering off it? Is it hard to come off of?

Are you on Sr or xl?

Are you glad you took it?

Thanks

All I can say from my experience is be carful with alcohol. It ruined my first taper. I smoke daily and feel ok. It's just not social sometimes like alcohol but some relief.

Hi,

I see you were on clonazapam then crossed over to v then it says pheno detox & benzo free.

How did that go? Why did you pheno detox?

Were you in withdrawal while you were tapering off k? Off v?

Are you still having paws?

Thanks Scaredie

Gwinna

Hi,

Is Wellbutrin helping your depression? Mine is treatment resistant, making everything very difficult right now.

Are you on Sr or xl?

Thanks

Hi Scardie,

Wellbutrin hasn't done much for me. By the time I started taking it, I'd been on Valium for so long that nothing really made me feel much better. My NP actually thinks it's causing more anxiety, which I guess is possible but at this point there are a lot of factors making me a high-strung ball of nerves.  :D

I cut my dose in half when I first started tapering V, and while I'm holding for now because it's highly inadvisable to taper two medications at once, I do plan to finish tapering off the Welbutrin too. I need to be med-free for a while before I figure out whether I want to take something else. I don't know whether it's caused withdrawal symptoms, because I doubt I'd be able to tell them apart from benzo withdrawal right now.  ::)

I wish I hadn't started taking it, because for all I know the Valium caused or at least worsened my depression, and I was at the point where I was taking a pill to treat something caused by another pill.  :idiot:

Hope that helps!

Gwinna

Hi,

Are you on Sr or xl?

Thanks

Hi Scardie,

Wellbutrin hasn't done much for me. By the time I started taking it, I'd been on Valium for so long that nothing really made me feel much better. My NP actually thinks it's causing more anxiety, which I guess is possible but at this point there are a lot of factors making me a high-strung ball of nerves.  :D

I cut my dose in half when I first started tapering V, and while I'm holding for now because it's highly inadvisable to taper two medications at once, I do plan to finish tapering off the Welbutrin too. I need to be med-free for a while before I figure out whether I want to take something else. I don't know whether it's caused withdrawal symptoms, because I doubt I'd be able to tell them apart from benzo withdrawal right now.  ::)

I wish I hadn't started taking it, because for all I know the Valium caused or at least worsened my depression, and I was at the point where I was taking a pill to treat something caused by another pill.  :idiot:

Hope that helps!

Thank you Gwinna. Very helpful.

I so want to feel relaxed and the way marijuana made me feel most of my life and I am 52. At this moment I know what I have to do to further my recovery. It's stopping all type of cannabis products. My first months I stayed away from any pot smoking. In hell, I didn't want to add more gas to my blaze going on in my head and body. Then I started smoking around my 5 months of my withdrawal. I wanted my anxiety to stop, need to feel that warm cozy feeling. I am still chasing it so I decided to switch over to BHO products. Well, my body is non-stop tingling waves of anxiety, trembling chest tightness. Is this fun? Is this just my benzo? I had to attend a funeral across the country didn't bring any cannabis on the day I was returning some symptoms stopped and when I smoked they started again but I ignored that NOW I have pledged to stop but I am also in recovery from a shattered shin bone, still trying to figure out if I might be WD from my opiate use from my injury. (Crazy never takes a day off here) Son graduating from HS going to use all my MM products not re-buy and detox from chronic pot use.

Lmao that "bad shit" saved me from a torturous withdrawal experience. Maybe try to start saying, "in my own experience...." idiot

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting thread as I await my medical marijuana card, which should arrive in a week.

I have been tapering for two years and cannot get the nausea under control in this second half of my taper. I am beginning now to rapidly lose weight (which is okay for now, I have some weight to lose), but this is sucking all joy out of my life. I have seen many studies showing that marijuana is one of the most effective treatments for nausea, but I am concerned about becoming addicted to yet another thing. But there is no way I will be able to finish this taper if I cannot get relief at least occasionally from the nausea (and recently, more increased vomiting as well).

I am 49, have only been drunk once in my life, and cannot believe I am sitting here eager to use marijuana.