Multidose or Just One With the Water Taper?

[...]

Hi Folks,

To beat a dead horse, I'm finally starting my titration of Xanax 1 1/2 mg that I've been on for almost 2 years.

My question is, should I divide it into a multiple dose or just drink the whole cut at bedtime?

I do have occasional inter dose withdrawal symptoms, stomach cramps, irritability,etc and for the majority of the time take the whole dosage for sleep as they are minimal and on the rare occasion that it is intolerable, I'll take 1/4 and then do the rest at bed for which it was specifically prescribed as a sleep aid.

I'm just wondering if the ball game changes, when I go over to liquid?

As a side note: I did a dry run, (pun intended) yesterday, yes I wasted a pill and a half, dissolved 1 1/2 mg Xanax with 3ml vodka and then diluted with 297 ml of water...................Even though the vodka dissolved the majority, there were still particles floating around.

So do I still shake up the dose before consuming and then there appeared to be some on the inside of the jar........Do I add a little water to that and drink that too?

I'm sure 3mls of vodka is enough to dissolve 1 1/2 mg of X

Hi Folks,

To beat a dead horse, I'm finally starting my titration of Xanax 1 1/2 mg that I've been on for almost 2 years.

My question is, should I divide it into a multiple dose or just drink the whole cut at bedtime?

I do have occasional inter dose withdrawal symptoms, stomach cramps, irritability,etc and for the majority of the time take the whole dosage for sleep as they are minimal and on the rare occasion that it is intolerable, I'll take 1/4 and then do the rest at bed for which it was specifically prescribed as a sleep aid.

I'm just wondering if the ball game changes, when I go over to liquid?

As a side note: I did a dry run, (pun intended) yesterday, yes I wasted a pill and a half, dissolved 1 1/2 mg Xanax with 3ml vodka and then diluted with 297 ml of water...................Even though the vodka dissolved the majority, there were still particles floating around.

So do I still shake up the dose before consuming and then there appeared to be some on the inside of the jar........Do I add a little water to that and drink that too?

I'm sure 3mls of vodka is enough to dissolve 1 1/2 mg of X

I wouldnt worry about the particles floating around as they are only filler. You could , IMO, take part of your dose dry and titrate the rest for a daily micro taper. You will find as you get lower it may be necessary to dose multiple times a day.