Valium Detox

[f3...]

[f3...]

Hii ,Folks, i am just starting my 6th week detox from Valium 2.25mg i am still having big probs, with sleeping. also muscle leg spasms which keep me awake every night.  in 1974 i was prescribed 10 mg Valium Daily for major trauma. anyways 4 months ago i decided to quit Valium so i cut back 1.5 mg every day i am now down to 2.25 mg but like i say i am having probs with sleep and leg spasms on this last cut back. previous cuts i had prob.s but not this bad. i would be most great full for any advice anyone could give me. thank you. :-)

Hello BCFC1956 :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies!. 

We are glad you joined us, it sounds like your tapering too fast.  The best way to minimize withdrawal symptoms is a slow and careful taper.  It gives your central nervous system time to adjust to each reduction.  It is suggested to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days.  This can be adjusted based on how you feel.

We have a great bunch of people here, our members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, and will share their experiences with you.

I would suggest that you read the Ashton Manual, an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by an expert in the field.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita

[f3...]
Hi,folks. thank you for your advice given to me tapering down ! on Tues 11 th April i start my taper hope fully over the next months i will be done,,no more Valium yeah !!  lol  i,m gonna taper 10% daily, i can do this i know, i am strong minded so thats gonna help me. i  will see how i feel after the next 2 weeks, then go on from there. i will keep in touch and let you know how i am getting on.  ;D

• 3 weeks later...
[f3...]

4/24/2017

« Sent to: BCFC1956 on: April 24, 2017, 01:47:00 pm » ReplyQuoteDelete

i am now 2 weeks into my cut back, doing better than i expected, sleep and muscle spasms at night time still giving me prob,s but i am able to deal with this !! my cut back has also been  better than i expected..i am know down to. 1MG  Valium..see how i go from here..i,m gonna cut back again over the next 2 weeks, see if i can get down to .( point 75 mg ) hope fully a lil lower!!  >:D >:D

[f3...]
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:its now 4/28/2017. 4 days  further forward,  have managed  to cut back a lil further  than i anticipated...i am down to( point.75mg) so far no further probs'  ie..lack of sleep and muscle spasms at bed time, during the day! i am okay. almost there, looking forward in the next few weeks to be free for ever from Valium.

• 2 weeks later...
[f3...]

5/8/2017..Today Mon 8th May ..a Great Day !! finally  after 42 years of being on diazapam 10 mgs daily! i have kicked Diazapam into touch :-) took me 2 months of cutting back to zero !!! but now i look forward to knowing that i no longer need that Drug !!! i should have done this years ago. but never late than never !! lol  this will be my last entry !! i am looking forward to a happy Drug free life.... >:D

to

Hi there,

Congratulations  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Your story was incredibly motivating for me to read. I've been on benzo's for 20 years. I thought that was too long to ever successfully get off them. But ... you've managed to kick it after 40 years. That is incredible. Thank you. Wishing you all the best. X

[f3...]
Hi,AllTheGoodNamesTaken...Thank You..yes i have been on Diazapam  far to long ! great to be free after all this time :-) my Wife is so pleased. I know You can do  this ! i was as you apprehensive at first ! but got through to the end, i wish you every success, You will get there  :) Kindest Regards,,  :)

[f3...]
5/12/2017,,,today fri,12/May !!  i  was mistaken when i thought i was rid of withdrawl, symptoms. today i am 5 days into not taking Valium after tapering to zero! boy was i wrong lol this is extreme withdrawl  to what i have had tapering ! anyways just gonna ride this out for as long as it takes.  >:D >:D

• 4 weeks later...
[f3...]
5/6/2017,,,Monday...just a quick update, this last 3 weeks, crazy !! i have never  experienced any thing like these withdrawl symptoms in my life ! good job i have a loving caring wife to help me cope, god bless her. worst, feeling unreal. bad nerves, head feels as if its gonna explode,insomnia big time, and much more i will not go into, i am now just over 4 weeks free of valium !! i now realize that its gonna take some time before i feel any where near getting better,  :laugh: i will be back in a few weeks time, hopefully i will be feeling better !! i should have done this years ago but i did not realize that i was addicted to valium ??  !!thanks a bunch doctors !!    :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
[01...]
I am now 3 month clean of Valium, i am still having big probs' with my sleep around 2 to 3 hours a night if i am lucky, trying Passion flower/5htp.. see if i can get favorable results ! :-) still having probs' with anxiety buzzing head and rls but dealing with this.  although rls is causing me probs' sleep wise. i will wait a couple of more months to see if symptoms ease before writing again.  :)

[01...]
Hi, Thank You, many thanks for your encouragement its much harder than i thought lol but keeping my head up, we are all on the same road to recovery, but we will all get there ! This is a Great Forum  with Great People ! so pleased i found You all.  :)

Congratulations on 3 months off!!!

Hoping soon the symptoms ease for you.  This is a very hard road to be on.  Wishing you the best.

• 2 months later...
[01...]
I am now just 6 months clean of Valium, its been a long 12 months cutting back( 6 months)( 6 months clean) today i feel almost normal lol i have had 4 good (windows) days hope fully tomorrow will be no 5 this last month has been the worst month of my life honestly, but hope fully i can now see some day light lol sleep is still a problem, rls tinnitus vision prob's. fuzzy head can be real bad some days mornings now seem the worse time of day for me but for me that's a still much better than a few weeks ago. not taking any form of supplements i did intend too but decided against it. would be nice to get a good nights sleep any thing more than 3 hours hehe  anyways i will be back in a couple of months or so.  :)

Buddie56  :smitten:

Really appreciated your good mood while under pressure with withdrawal. You are an example for buddies with long years under benzo by showing your strong determination.

I was just wondering perhaps a slower withdrawal might have saved from all these sleep symptoms? I used titration with water to lower the dose very slowly and it was beneficial as there's no special problems when benzo-free 2.5 months ago.

Wish you all the best and hope to hear again from you along with the progresses.

[01...]
thanks for your kind support Jim Hawk..i wished i had have taken more time to cut back, but to late now lol  it took me around 6 months of tapering i thought that would be enough time, anyways its done now so 6 months clean i was hoping for most of symptoms to have gone lol but that's not how this stuff works is it, but i do some days feel much better wish i could get more quality sleep time tried different sleep aids to no effect. but the way i look at it one day all this will be worth while i will be back to a normal life again has to happen lol anyways i really appreciate your support  i wish you all the best in health. take care, be safe.  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
[01...]
today i am in a hard place. after 1 year of cutting back from Valium ...6 months cutting back 6 months Clean of Valium !!!  2 days ago i experienced a rebound from Hell i was consumed by extreme panic attacks and anxiety, this went on for hours on end i was in a place that i had never been before Hell !! i have a strong will, i fought this but i lost i tried with every thing i had inside me but i was so confused and drained,, this is where i found my only solution was to re instate Valium at 5mg daily for 1 week then start cut back making sure this time that instead of just 9 weeks !! which was far to short a time, aiming for 18 months of careful cut backs to rid myself of this once and for all, i hate myself for giving in to this. but i WILL !! in time be come the victor from this and get my LIFE back, i was wondering i start my new taper Wednesday 22 November i would be very great full for any help you Folks could give me please i gotta get the taper right this time NO going back what so ever! no matter what happens in with drawl i WILL beat this this 2nd time around, Thank you all so much for your support and kind words, so very much appreciated, God bless you all, i am busy with Family even at my age 73 yrs of age lol  :smitten: so i do not get much time on Buddies !! i will get in on every able opportunity i can :stay safe Folks,  :smitten:

[01...]
today Friday 17 Nov' 3 days ago i reinstated Valium 5 mg, remarkably my rls tinnitus panic attacks anxiety have gone i sleep now really sound 7 hours aprox' each night. i feel normal again ? seems to good to be true at the moment ! best i have felt in over 6 months of with drawl i will cherish this small amount of time lol Wed' 22 Nov' i start 5% cut back of my daily dose ! this time around i will take it slow i have learned a valuable lesson from my first attempt which was far to fast ! i need to see my Doc' in 3 weeks time for repeat prescription. last time i saw anyone was around 14 months ago lol been a long time ! some thing i never intended i would have to do ever again, anyways got to be done ! i just hope i am going about this taper in the right way. i WILL beat this this time i am a positive person i will WILL myself to beat this Demon !! stay safe,Folks  ;):):smitten:

[01...]
today Thursday 23 Nov, started my cut back after reinstating Valium 5mg for 7 days. i am now cutting back 5% daily for the nest 14 days. if all goes well i will then cut to 10% for 14 days see how i cope over that month this second time around i gonna take this sloooow i am in no hurry this time !! :thumbsup:

[01...]
Hi,GeorgeVI thank you for your invite i would love to be part of the group  :thumbsup: i have to get this right this time ! and a am prepared to make sure i succeed this time ! i don't  care how long it takes i am in no rush. kind regards, Derek.  :)

[01...]
i intended to restart my cut back a few days ago but still feel bad withdrawls , so i decided to hold till end of December!  give myself a lil more time to heal, :tickedoff: then make tiny cuts each day see what i can function with, i am retired so i am lucky lol but everything folks say makes sense i see that now, am looking forward to at last kicking this benzo in my time i'm in no hurry this time around, take care everyone be safe, Derek  :smitten:

[01...]
i intended to restart my cut back a few days ago but still feel bad withdrawls , so i decided to hold till end of December!  give myself a lil more time to heal, :tickedoff: then make tiny cuts each day see what i can function with, i am retired so i am lucky lol but everything folks say makes sense i see that now, am looking forward to at last kicking this benzo in my time i'm in no hurry this time around, take care everyone be safe, Derek  :smitten: (update)today Sun' 3 Dec' i don't understand why i am so tired and seem drained this last week ? i am on hold until end of December. then resume my daily taper my wdrls have gone at moment which is a blessing i am sleeping well 8 hrs most nights, it seems now while on short hold i am much more tired than i was when at my worst when tapering ? i will be glad when i resume my journey lol  i not complaining far from it i am really great full  for every day !! :-) just puzzled why i am so tired i am busy around house but get drained this is not like me i always go go go lol anyone that could help me  most thank full, folks. :-)