Awful Acid Reflux

[Mb...]

I have been having some awful acid reflux this last month. I am 11 months off now and having stomache burns and acid reflux. I've never had it in my life before. I was one of those people who never got heartburn.  Now, my stomach burns like fire. Has anyone else had this? I watch what I eat, and i don't add salt or pepper. Has anyone had acid to come up in your throat? It's happening to me. 😙

I have been having some awful acid reflux this last month. I am 11 months off now and having stomache burns and acid reflux. I've never had it in my life before. I was one of those people who never got heartburn.  Now, my stomach burns like fire. Has anyone else had this? I watch what I eat, and i don't add salt or pepper. Has anyone had acid to come up in your throat? It's happening to me. 😙

Hey busy bee I have never had heart burn in my life until this as well. I get the same thing the acid in my throat . Luckily it passes unlike most of my other symptoms this one leaves me. I drink ginger tea throughout the day when this happen and limit my diet to just brown rice and chicken for a day to settle down the acids . It seems to help . Hope you feel better doood, congrats on 11 months :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. I may try the tea and brown rice. Its been awful. Maybe those things will calm it down for me too.

Hey Mbusybee!

Sorry to hear it.. I know it's a weird, painful symptom.  I had it a little bit at the beginning of my taper, and like you and Remy, I just got it back again.  I get heartburn too, which literally feels like my heart is "burning"..

Something a nurse told me which has worked for me, is to elevate the end of my bed where my head is, about 4-5 inches.  This incline gets gravity working for us by making it harder for stomach acid to go up into our throats when we sleep.  Also, smaller, more frequent meals.  Having a "base" like milk to counteract the acid.. and lastly, (although I don't like meds anymore), but nexium has worked very well for me, and it acts pretty fast.

Hope this can help..

Eric

Yu could have a hiatus hernia ..they are very common and usually the first signs are bloating and heartburn... there is a fb support group that you can check with others .x

I had this on and off pre benzo, and occasionally had an awful extra symptom of waking up with a choking feeling because of it. What has helped me is moving my main meal to the middle of the day, no food within 3 hours of bedtime, and I have stopped sleeping on my back.  I hadn't had it for ages, then two nights ago it came back with a vengeance after I took a bisacodyl laxative, which has really unsettled my tummy for three days now. I think it's also because I started sleeping on my back again during the insomnia. I only take a Gaviscon tablet for it, and only when I get the choking thing.

I agree it might be early hiatus hernia as I'm the right age, but don't fancy any medical intervention for reasons anyone on BB will understand!

Raising the head of the bed is on my to-do list, can't face the aggro at the moment!