What EXACTLY are your symptoms?

[kc...]

Posting this because I've read many threads and note that people seem to refer to days being "brutal" or "bad symptoms" but they rarely explain exactly what those symptoms are. 

Would very much like to poll all of you out there to find out the type of symptoms you are experiencing.  Because I never know whether I'm having a withdrawal symptom or am just having a bad day.  So far I've tapered from 1 mg k to about .22 mg; this has taken a year. 

I noticed that the further along I get, the better (generally) I feel.  But then I suddenly experience a day like today - very shaky and can't get myself moving.  I should also mention that I have Parkinson's  -  so who knows whether the shaking is withdrawal or Parkinson's!

The symptoms I've experienced are insomnia (ick), tremors (likely the Parkinsons), occasional gut issues which quickly clear up, hot flashes, at first very bad depression which has mostly gone, anxiety (completely gone), and occasional palpitations (which I've had all my life).  That's about it.  And much of this could just be the way I am, not withdrawal.

So my question is:  what are your symptoms?  How do you know it's withdrawal??

I get anxiety and fatigue.  tremors also but they have been mild.  Mostly feel them inside my chest and stomach, the same place I feel the anxiety

[ad...]
Anxiety, depression, panic attacks, confusion, memory loss, weight, muscle loss, insomnia, aches and pains, tinnitus, chestpains, high bp, . I don't know if it's benzo withdrawal. I'm new here and can't find anyone this sick. It seems like most have a few annoying symptoms but are functioning. Getting out of bed is difficult for me. I hope this helps

As of now at almost 12 weeks, I have twitching in my right temple, tooth and jaw pain, chest pain, palpitations, anxiety upon waking, thumb and foot twitching, obsessive intrusive thoughts, apathy, irritability, tremors and headache. Some things like GI issues, joint pain and stiffness and fatigue have subsided. The chest discomfort and palpitations come and go.

Thank you all, for responding.  I've noticed that as the day progresses, I feel much better.  Worst time is morning.  Now it's 10pm and I feel great - like, what's up with that? 

I'm assuming it's the reduction in the amount of drug in my body... or something (?)

So maybe today was mostly the withdrawal, 'cause I'm not trembling as much. 

Re palpitations, try propanolol.  It's a beta-blocker and works excellently - when I have a  period of palps., I take  maybe one and it breaks the cycle. 

Re gut issues - I've found an excellent natural probiotic - Renew Life - expensive but has worked for me.

I wish you all peace and chi (life force).

Another note, for FreeWilly. 

Have you considered an antidepressant?  Also diet change?  Drink a lot of filtered/spring water - at least 6 glasses a day.  Lots of vegetables and fruit - you know the drill.  This does help with brain fog.

Some of your sickness may be just that - sickness - and perhaps a change of routine might help. 

Not that I'm the poster child for health.  I'm on an antidepressant and Parkinson's pills.  But I try to walk/bike an hour every day and also do 3 hours of qigong.  I also take vitamins:  5000+ mg C, vitamin D, a B complex and others. 

I've noticed a clear improvement in overall health since last year - more energy and fewer cramps/soreness.

The Parkinson symptoms have also improved.

Iwish you calm and I'll think of you tonight.

[ad...]
Thanks kcaqt. I've tried anti depressants and they just made me worse. The doctors have done a ton of tests and they say I'm fine. I guess it is the benzos. I just have all the symptoms. Thanks for the kind words.

Anxiety, depression, panic attacks, confusion, memory loss, weight, muscle loss, insomnia, aches and pains, tinnitus, chestpains, high bp, . I don't know if it's benzo withdrawal. I'm new here and can't find anyone this sick. It seems like most have a few annoying symptoms but are functioning. Getting out of bed is difficult for me. I hope this helps

FreeWilly, I had every one of your symptoms & then some. All blood work, heart tests, chest X-rays, etc. showed nothing out of the ordinary. Mine was/is definitely benzos & withdrawal!

[ad...]
Wow Twinkle. Thanks. It helps to hear my symptoms are normal. How did you taper soo fast? I'd be dead if I tapered as fast as you. This crap has kicked my ass bigtime.

I forgot a symptom!  Tinnitis.  Probably because it's less loud than it was a few months ago. 

In fact, today's a good day, after a lousy one yesterday.

Do any of you have the "rough mornings, nice evenings" swing?

[75...]
My symptoms of withdrawal while tapering: insomnia at times, anxiety, depression, Tinnitus, muscles twitching, occasional limb jerks, nausea, runny poo, body pain, heart palps, health anxiety, headaches, panic attacks, unreasonable fears. Not all of these are present all the time. Anxiety, Tinnitus, insomnia, and twitching are the worst.

Kcaqt-

My mornings are always way worse than my other time of day. I've always naturally been a more anxious person in the mornings prior to my benzo journey so I guess it's to be expected. I usually start going on an upswing with more energy and motivation around 11AM.

[ad...]
I have it rough after waking. Sleep seems to increase my symptoms. But I need to sleep even if I only get a few hours. My sleep is also very broken. I don't feel rested after.

It occurs to me that how one feels must (naturally) have something to do with when one doses.  I take the K once a day at about 10:45 pm.  Thus, there's more of the drug in my system in the morning, and it gradually reduces during the day.  This is why I believe there's a relationship with the "blue mornings" feeling.

Extreme tension, chest pain, breathlessness, nausea, bloating, extreme dizziness, fear of waking up in the morning, fear of taking a walk (dizziness), fear my wife will leave me, fear of fear..., fatigue/weakness, fear of choking to death, tinnitus, vision trouble, shaking, right hand numbness, jelly legs and then some... Most common: dizziness, tension. Then again it depends....I had Chron's disease and it's a walk in the park compare to this! I have a feeling I won't put up with this for very long... I have NO LIFE. Suffering 24/7. I would gladly take some morphine or demerol

Fatigue, Breathlessness, Scared Ill never recover, depression, anxiety, Dr/Dp, pains in chest, insomnia, weight gain/loss, hair loss (better). Sore gums, teeth, weakness, no energy, fed up.

I have it rough after waking. Sleep seems to increase my symptoms. But I need to sleep even if I only get a few hours. My sleep is also very broken. I don't feel rested after.

Me too! I have extremely bad anxiety and it's SOOO much worse when I wake up. I've made the comment of just not sleeping so I don't have to be afraid of waking up in such fear/anxiety but I need the sleep. But as soon as I wake up I'm still sooo tired because I never feel rested either! Sleep is broken because of anxiety also.

Extreme tension, chest pain, breathlessness, nausea, bloating, extreme dizziness, fear of waking up in the morning, fear of taking a walk (dizziness), fear my wife will leave me, fear of fear..., fatigue/weakness, fear of choking to death, tinnitus, vision trouble, shaking, right hand numbness, jelly legs and then some... Most common: dizziness, tension. Then again it depends....I had Chron's disease and it's a walk in the park compare to this! I have a feeling I won't put up with this for very long... I have NO LIFE. Suffering 24/7. I would gladly take some morphine or demerol

I'm sorry your having a rough taper too.  :'( Don't give up!  This will all be worth it in the end! :smitten:

Insomnia, twitching, startled easy, ringing in ears, pins needles, feeling as if world is moving, jelly legs, super sense of smell, dizzy, eye pain, headaches,heart palps, burning spine , muscle aches, dizzy, numb head, bloating,memory issues. I think that's it "eye roll". I'm lucky I guess because most days I don't have all on my wd symptoms at once, they come and go as they please. Had moments I felt good. One whole day I felt pretty ok. The rest have been hard. I'm keeping at it. It's been 16 days Ct off K. I'm going to get where I want to be. 

Well, wow!  Thank you all for posting to this thread and for sharing your symptoms. 

Got no choice but to keep on keeping on...

Am trying to get off before step-daughter's visit in late May, but now I can see that it probably won't be possible... need to take the dosage down teeny bit by teeny bit.

Hugs to all - you are warriors.

I started my taper off 1mg clonazepam 3x a day on July 1 2016 after taken from june 2014 was prescribed for GAD and panic attacks..i am at 1mg a day as of March 29 2017...i didn't know what i was doing and it was before i found benzobuddies.org..i think i was in tolerance withdrawl when i started my taper by splitting 1mg pill as i was symptomatic already...i have been going thru hell all through out my taper and suffering 24/7...symptoms have been increasing and i remain unfunctional..never have stabilized and getting worse....stuck at 1mg for more than a month now need help please..advise on how to proceed from here to get off this poison..symptoms are too many to list..but i will list the major one dp/dr, severe nausea in morning,GI problems, blurry vision, eye pain, dizziness and lightheaded, tinnitus,stomach pains,body aches and joint pains,agoraphobia and many other phobias,major fatigue,cognitive problems,adohenia,deep dark depression,inability to breath well..inability to handle stress..many more too many to mention...Please someone help how can i stabilize and be functional again? Should i start a milk titration taper i dont know what to do my pdoc has no clue how to taper me off this poison he only knew how to prescribe it and keep increasing my dosage..now my life is a living hell..please someone help i beg of you i dont wanna suffer every day...im still not done tapering and already i cant take this anymore im so scared and confused as to how to continue the rest of the way to get off of this evil pill...tnt

TNT815...

I'm certainly not an expert, but it may be that your cuts were too big.  Can you provide info re percentage you have been cutting?