Please help me! Do Z-packs cause symptoms?? Please tell me!

[Ge...]

I'm almost 34 months out. I was doing really well, except for a sensitive symptom and reactions to a few things. It was mostly manageable, though. Now I'm having a reaurgence in symptoms. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm reactions because I took a Z-pack for a chest infection. I'm not doing well and I am at work. Please, someone let me know. I'm kind of freaking out.  :-[

[05...]
I've taken z-pak a couple of times (since jumping) without any problems.  I took it for a couple of weeks (prophylactically) during a trip to China about 7 months after I jumped, and again about a year later for a sinus infection.

The Z packs can cause anxiety.  It's usually only while on the antibiotics but I also had anxiety that lasted about a week or two after taking a z-pack and I was still on my benzos, not tapering, so the benzos didn't even help.  I think it's acting on something different.  Hope you feel better.

I'm in the same boat. I have been prescribed a z-pack for my eye infection in which my eyelids are swollen and I have bumps on the surface of my eyes. I told my Dr that I am hesitant on taking it because I need to take it orally and I am SO scared to take anything orally at this point. I've been able to hold off of it and been using steroid eyedrops in the mean time but the Dr told me that if it is still not healed, I will have to take the z-pack which is freaking me out so bad.

I hope more people will give their feedback.

Hello,

I have taken the zpack many times, during withdrawal, during recovery and after I've healed with no ill effects. It just happens to be one of the antibiotics I can take since I am allergic to many.

The zpack does come with some side effects. Besides the usual GI issues, it can cause anxiety and insomnia.  I do believe these issue would be short lived and resolve fairly quickly.  Even though you take the zpack for only 5 days, it actually keeps working in your system for two weeks.

I hope you feel better soon.  In the end, if you truly have an infection, it's best to deal with it properly to avoid having complications down the road.

PG  :smitten:

• 2 months later...

Oh gosh, I'm sorry; I just saw these replies. Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. My symptoms did clear up within a week or so. I've had a resurgence of symptoms, but that is due to stress.

I hope you all are doing okay. ❤️

• 2 weeks later...
I received a Z pack not too long ago and the pharmacist cane to the window to ask me if I'd taken this before while taking methadone for pain. Apparently she said some individuals taking this with methadone have a very dangerous heart reaction of some sort. Now I was also taking Valium at that time too and she never brought this up. But they both dampen the GABA in our brains so if you think you had a bad reaction it's food for thought that there might be something to it. Just read your thread and thought about how she scared me to death to take the Z pack I did fine but like she said some don't. If I recall correctly it can slow the heart  Sorry I'm in a bit of benzo fog still myself.

Thank you for the replies. It's interesting to see how different people react to various things. Had I not gone through this benzo ordeal, I don't think I could have possibly understood how it could affect people; the strange symptoms, the extent of it all...

I am grateful that there are people I can reach out to when symptoms have arrived. That is very helpful - to at least know that there are people who understand.

I wish health & peace for all of you.