Benzodiazepine Brochure from the Centre for Addiction & Mental Health in Canada

[La...]

This is a "tame" brochure on benzodiazepines that, unfortunately, doesn't give near enough details on how dangerous the medications are or how horrible the withdrawal can be. It appears that it hasn't been updated since 2012.

https://www.camh.ca/en/education/about/camh_publications/Documents/Flat_PDFs/upm_benzodiazepines.pdf 

"They are the most widely prescribed psychoactive drugs in the world."

Totally agree Lapis that they don't warn people enough in this brochure about how really bad these drugs are.  They didn't seem to think that low doses are a problem either but,  I experienced horrible side effects at a .5mg dose.

As we all know, it's impossible to predict how any given person will react to a benzodiazepine. I would have liked to see a much more strongly-worded information piece from CAMH.

If there was an emogi with two thumbs down, it would go here!! Just terrible. Talk about tame - TOO TAME. Very disturbed by this. And it's too bad that it hasn't been updated since 2012.

Thanks, Lapis, for this, though, as we need to know these things.  :smitten:

CAMH is useless when it comes to benzos.  I saw this pamphlet last year and tried all the help numbers on it.  They lead nowhere.  :tickedoff:

I'm sorry to hear that, drummerboy. I think CAMH helps a lot of people, but this piece of literature really falls short.