titration failure, what went wrong?

[no...]

I followed the directions given to me, watched videos and mixed up my solution.

Day 1, Although I followed the directions, I think the syringe sucked in the particles of Klonopin from the vodka water liquid meant for four days. I suspect this because saw a lot of particles in the liquid and I felt a little buzz 20 mins after ingestion.

Day 2, I took my dose as directed

Day 3 I took my dose as directed BUT woke up 3am sweating through my clothes, with throbbing hot hands and feet, and in extreme discomfort and pain. Took normal dose.

I returned to my normal dose three days ago and I am just starting to feel better. I know that these symptoms were withdrawal because they are exactly the same as how I have felt in the past when I decreased my dose too much. I am no expert about math, but I have been doing this for almost two years and I know my body.

What went wrong?

Did the Klonopin dissolve in the vodka evenly? Should I shake it harder or let it sit longer?

Do dissolvable tablets disperse as evenly as the regular tablets?

***Please do not respond if your inclination is to correct my spelling be condescending or treat me like I am an idiot. I am here for support. I am here because I am struggling with my addiction. I do not always explain myself well when I'm in the throes of withdrawal. If you view this post stop and say something kind or supportive, even if you don't have advice or understand what I am saying. I would have felt so much better during this if even a small % of the 49 people viewed my post said something nice, but instead I logged in a few times every day and saw what you see below this edited post***

I followed the directions given to me, watched videos and mixed up my solution. Day 1, I think I drank the entire dose of K meant for four days. Day 2, I think I drank vodka water no k, Day 3 same. woke up 3am sweating and in extreme discomfort and pain. Took normal dose. Have taken normal dose past two nights just starting to feel better. Feeling intense joint pain, and emotional overload...angry one minute, crying the next. Sleeping terribly.

What went wrong?

My best guess is that the K did not dissolve in the vodka either because I didn't shake it hard enough or let it sit? The other theroy is that these formulas are not tested on the dissolvable tablets?

Feeling very discouraged...

Uhh...don't you think this might have been the problem?

"Day 1, I think I drank the entire dose of K meant for four days. Day 2, I think I drank vodka water no k, Day 3 same."

Maybe Builder does, but I sure don't.

If the solution is entirely converted to a liquid, how is it possible to just draw the benzo from the rest via the syringe?

noelle-

I really have no way of knowing what happened, or even if your sxs were even taper-related.

But what you describe as a "dissolvable" (or "dissoluble") tablet is definitely soluble.  If anything, it would go into solution even more readily than a conventional tablet.

Well I'm sorry. People should be nicer and I hope you get some answers. All I can say is that I've been a nurse for 7 years and been in behavioral health for 8 months and you know more than me so you aren't stupid.(Or if you, I'm very very stupid, so you are still smarter than me!)  This is very specific knowledge and people should be kind, supportive, helpful or just not say anything.

Good luck :)

There is a very big problem on here when going to liquid. I would say that 9 out of 10 BBs report increased side effects when switching to liquid. This should not be so because it is the same dosage. But, unfortunately it is. When I switched to liquid in my taper, I made an up dose to compensate for this. I still had a few side effects but not too bad. Hope this was helpful.

There is a very big problem on here when going to liquid. I would say that 9 out of 10 BBs report increased side effects when switching to liquid. This should not be so because it is the same dosage. But, unfortunately it is. When I switched to liquid in my taper, I made an up dose to compensate for this. I still had a few side effects but not too bad. Hope this was helpful.

Just FYI, I really don't think "...9 out of 10" is accurate.

And it only seems to be a problem on BB.  On the old BDR website/forum (which was all liquid tapering), no one ever said they had any problem switching to liquid.

And it only seems to be a problem on BB.  On the old BDR website/forum (which was all liquid tapering), no one ever said they had any problem switching to liquid.

I was on BDR and I have to agree with Builder.

Not really sure of the exact number but I know alot of BBs had increased side effects when switching to liquid. And I re-emphasize that it is the same dosage so it really dont make sense. But I have heard many times that this occured

Not really sure of the exact number but I know alot of BBs had increased side effects when switching to liquid. And I re-emphasize that it is the same dosage so it really dont make sense. But I have heard many times that this occured

And since that phenomenon seems to be limited to folks on BB, and never bothered folks on BDR, do ya reckon it might be related to  reading that scary idea here on BB?  ::)

When researchers and drug companies do trials, they monitor the placebo (control) group as closely as they do the trial group.  And the control groups often report the same effects, including side effects, as the trial group.  In many cases, they are actually measurable effects...changes in heart rate, BP, blood sugar, temperature, etc.  Placebo effects are  not "imaginary",  they are very real. They just aren't caused by what the person believes caused them.

The very basic definition of "placebo effect" is having the result you were told you might have

Dont know but it may be pschyological more than physical. I know I was really apprehensive about switching to liquid.

My point exactly!

Switching to liquid has been very hard for me. I'm stuck holding for now but it felt like a big cut. Others have to.

What does your formula and dosage look like?

Noelle, I'm too new at this to offer any help but I'll be praying for you to get your titration right and that your withdrawal symptoms are zero or minimal.  I'm sorry that some people are mean or sarcastic.  That's one reason why I hesitate to join some sites and post.  I asked for a titration schedule but have yet to receive it.  So I'm still cutting until I get my dose down to where I can't cut anymore.

Hugs, DD1

DD.........please, who is being mean and sarcastic?? If it was me your referring to, I was simply asking a question regarding the benzo separating from liquid. I certainly wasn't trying to be mean or sarcastic by any stretch.

The OP has yet to make another post regarding this.......I don't get it.

Maybe the OP read the sarcastic reply from one person in particular too many times - which was mean and condescending and decided the emotions were too raw.  I too have had responses from one person in particular on this board who was quite curt.  I'm new to this whole process and when people who are new to this feel humiliated it's easy for us to go inward.

To the OP, there are good people on here, so reach out again and you will find them.

:)

How do you find the BDR website?

BDR folded several years ago.  The founder/leader had a serious problem in her personal life, (her home was damaged by flood) and the forum just kinda folded.  There was at least one attempt to re-instate it, but that was short-lived.

Advice I was given on a Facebook support group was to switch the tablet to liquid but do not taper at the same time. Give your body a couple of weeks to adjust to accepting the drug as liquid before reducing dose. Hope this helps.

My 2 cents is that you have to be very patient and careful about the preparation of the suspension and draw-off of the throw-away volume.  You need to ensure the medication is properly distributed in the suspension.  I used a bullet blender to distribute the valium using about 10 seconds of agitation.  Then, immediately before drawing off the throwaway volume I would shake the suspension up and down to ensure complete distribution of medicine in the solution.  Some people make the mistake of swirling the solution and that concentrates the particles in the vortex of swirling liquid at the center of the container.  If one does that and then draws liquid from the outer edge of the container, the taper has a good chance of being significantly inaccurate.  Anyway, these are some of the things I learned that were important in accurate tapering.

I don't know why, but when I switched to liquid, I always felt like I was getting less of the drug.  I did get used to it.  It took a few weeks.

My 2 cents is that you have to be very patient and careful about the preparation of the suspension and draw-off of the throw-away volume. 

Why would you "draw off" and "throw away"?  Why wouldn't you just draw up the amount you wanted to take, and drink it?

If your doc gave you scrip for some liquid med and said "Take 10 tsp the first day, 9 tsp the second day, 8 tsp the third, etc, until gone"  how would you take it?

My 2 cents is that you have to be very patient and careful about the preparation of the suspension and draw-off of the throw-away volume.  You need to ensure the medication is properly distributed in the suspension.  I used a bullet blender to distribute the valium using about 10 seconds of agitation.  Then, immediately before drawing off the throwaway volume I would shake the suspension up and down to ensure complete distribution of medicine in the solution.  Some people make the mistake of swirling the solution and that concentrates the particles in the vortex of swirling liquid at the center of the container.  If one does that and then draws liquid from the outer edge of the container, the taper has a good chance of being significantly inaccurate.  Anyway, these are some of the things I learned that were important in accurate tapering.

Hum this is news to me......throw away volume? I'm doing this with my wife and nothing is thrown away. The bulk of her dose is in pill form and her liquid taper portion is drawn from a batch. Over shaking causes aeration