Study, Mar./17: "Prescribed Benzodiazepines and Suicide Risk: A Review..."

[La...]

Well, I'm certainly glad that this is a new study! I can only hope that primary care doctors and psychiatrists take this to heart in deciding whether or not to prescribe benzos. At least we have some studies on our side to fight this!

Thanks for this, Lapis!! :smitten:

You're welcome, Terry. I do hope that medical professionals read this info, but the truth is that these studies come out one after the other, and it might be hard for people to keep up. I didn't look at PubMed for a few days, and then bang, there were 40 more studies on benzodiazepines that rolled in!

Some studies get picked up by the media, but lots don't.

40 more studies on benzos!! That's cause for a celebration!! But you're right. We don't know who is going to read the information if there is so much coming out all at once or even what's actually picked up by the media. Fingers crossed, though, that people will get pertinent information!

Thank you, once again, for all your hard work in getting the word out!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad to share it, Terry! It's pretty interesting stuff, I think, and I've learned a lot about how things work -- or don't, as the case may be. It seems there are lots of studies, and many of them say similar things, but action based on those studies isn't necessarily forthcoming. Nevertheless, it's good that the research is being done.

We can print out these abstracts and share them with doctors, because they tend to be less dismissive of medical journal articles than they are of first-person stories. Studies about GABAA receptor changes, falls, suicides, cognitive changes, associations with Alzheimers, etc., are all pertinent and important.