Complete healing from a Klonopin cold turkey!

[Pa...]

Hey Pam,

I hate that you had to go through such hell, but you endured it and have this experience to life others up! I feel that this journey gives us a new appreciation for life. Thanks you so much for sharing this!

cupcake

Pam thank you again for sharing your story. I am so sorry you had to suffer as long as you did. It is unreal the medical community is so clueless. I am so happy for you that you have complete healing now. I can only imagine your joy and relief when it happened. You are a great inspiration and source of hope for all of us here, and I appreciate you so much. Thank you for all that you do and for all of your support, you have no idea how much it means to me.

Hi Pam:

What an amazing journey you have been on. Thank you, thank you for all the support you show everyone.  You are a ray of sunshine to so many.  Sorry for all your suffering and please know how much you are appreciated and loved. (Your story made me very emotional) You have continually been there for me and it has made the world of difference.  Your dedication to this site and all the people suffering is amazing.  You are very inspiring and kind to so many and we are blessed to have you here. 

Newme

• 3 weeks later...

Wow---I've known you but now I know you. You have inspired so many and swooped in to help steady people on  the precipice.

I tapered off Klonopin "by the book" ---25% cut every three days and when I got to zero---whala found myself on a Psych unit with unbearable anxiety and depression.

Quinn

• 3 weeks later...
Hi our dearest pam,  your story made me cry it must have been so frightening for you,  i agree with all the others that you are so much of an insparation, they say in life everything happens for a reason, and i truly think this awful thing happened to you to bring you here to benzo buddies, thank God you are healed , you really are so brave  and you have emerged out of it into the most caring and compasionate lady ,  and you are so loved by all            all my love and great respect to you our darling Pam ,      jewels      :smitten:    :mybuddy:

Dear Pam,

I just read your story for the first time...and before that...today I was thinking of you as an angel and for me to call anyone an angel...well. It's unheard of 'til now. 

You were there in  my time of need, and you helped me more than you know. 

I thank God for BB and for you.

Kat

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, but what was life like that last month before you told yourself you were healed? And what made you decide that you were healed at 14 months?

• 2 weeks later...

Pam:

Although I have read you story numerous times.  Each time I read it I get the inspiration to forge ahead.  To be completely healed and want to help others in an indication of your selflessness and compassion for others.  Your story, recovery, and sage advice are an inspiration to all.  I am forever indebted to you for getting off these poisons.  Thanks again.

KP

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Pam,

I'll always remember you Pam. You give part of your life every day to help others heal from this nightmare- you helped me. I am 4 months in and I'm scared- but I have the things you said to me and I read them every day- you continue to give me hope.

Saint Pam!!

Thanks,

K

• 5 months later...

Thank you for the link to your success-story blog, Pam. Good to hear/read—I feel hopeful and inspired.

It's been a long week, which included a memorial service for my brother's mother-in-law yesterday, and my husband and were at odds with each other about our benzo plan, but I am trusting that we are back on track with substitution toward complete crossover from the temazepam to the V. The ambien is out of the picture as of ten days ago.

I went for a long walk today, was on line here in chat for a while before that, and got some good insight and support, and chatted with some lovely folks here.

Peace and blessings,

grace

Pam,

This is one of the healing stories that I would always read over, when I didn't things would ever end. It truly gives hope to everyone that reads it.

Mike

All these months on here and this is the first time I read Pamster's success story.  Such a great post.  Thanks Pamster - for all you do to help us!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pamster, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now.  Your Cheshire cat signia was always my favorite; always brought a smile to my face.  You have provided your story with truth, showing the horror from these drugs, the abuse or ignorance from d/t centers/doctors/etc... but most of all "courage", courage in knowing and realizing one needs to make a choice for their life, can and will endure going thru the hell of it, having the strength to do it and coming out on the other side, getting their life back, finding all of the hell leaves and one has their life back, but back in so much a better way.  An old saying "my hats off it you", is not even enough, they are words with just air.  I salute you, hold my hands in peace to you with a bow, you truly found your inner strength to go through and endure what you did.... you wanted your life back!  Now you have it. Blessings always to your Pamster... you truly are an example to all on this site; of course, that was what your journey was all about. Always to you, Pattylu :smitten:

P.S.  You have touched many bbs on this site.. thank you for your dedication to all..

You have an amazing story!!!

It's great to see you are stronger than before benzos.  I know I have learned several lifelong lessons going through this ordeal.

Congrats!!!!

Thank you for your story Pam.  I like what you wrote about thinking your full recovery was at 14 months but that you have noticed improvements since that time.  Having recently reached 18 months and feeling close to 100% of where I was before benzos, I also continue to notice progress in a variety of areas.  Of course, sometimes there's a step backward like this evening, some reflux and a rare bout of insomnia :tickedoff:, but those days are quite rare.  I also thank you for your time and energy in helping so many folks here.

:smitten:

Vertigo

• 1 month later...

All these months on here and this is the first time I read Pamster's success story.   Such a great post.  Thanks Pamster - for all you do to help us!

Pamster if I had not told you before I am telling you now... I am so so happy for you and your new life... You are a big help in mine and I will not forget that ever....  Looking to hear more good things about your life..... Luv, Mishi

Thanks for taking the time to share your story Pamster,

This is what I need right about now, some hope to cling onto.  I feel like my situation is different and I'll be like this forever, but I know that isn't true..

I

:angel:Pamster: Wow! ....Super-Wow! You're amazing. This gives all of us so much hope. To know someone who has actually healed 100%--very amazing and inspirational. We LOVE you and are so very grateful :smitten: With LOVE from everyone here....T2

• 1 month later...

All these months on here and this is the first time I read Pamster's success story.   Such a great post.  Thanks Pamster - for all you do to help us!

Dear Pamster I am so happy for you in your recovery and your new life...Wishing you more and more wonderful days and nights ahead of you...Thinking of you lately and hope you are enjoying life now.... Thank you Pamster for you support for all of us.... You are amazing.. Good luck.

Luv,

Mishi

Pam,

This, too, is my first time reading your story and it is so very inspirational!!!! When I first came to this board, you were the one who welcomed me.  When I read your signature line back then, I knew that you had to went thru pure severe agony.  AND to know that you came out the other end BETTER then before benzos, just proves that we all heal.

So happy to read your story,

Renee