"Temazepoison" to diazepam crossover

[54...]

I saw Temazepam being referred to as temazepoison on these boards and I shall ever refer to it that way. I've been in various shades of hell since I first started taking it but had so much going on I didn't connect the hell to the drug until it had already reeked crazy havoc. I'm not able to direct taper anymore. I'm way too unstable and am looking for help. My doc is willing to help me cross to diazepam. Taking 4.6 mg at night, .6 in the morning and .6 in the afternoon. (Currently have compounded perscriptions for 4 mg and .3 mg capsules.) Any encouragement or suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Have you ever taken diazepam before? If so, how did it feel for you? Crossing over is always a risk and many find that they hate diazepam. 

You are so close to the finish line, I would be hesitant about substitution. What are the problems that you are having that make you feel "unstable"?

You might want to up the amount you take during the day, try 1 (.9?) mg. at a time. Obviously you want to be careful and see that it isn't too sedating, but 1 or even 2 mg. was never a problem for me and made me feel a lot better. I found temazepam to be very easy to mix with water and titrate my dosage quite accurately that way.

If you can just get through the next few weeks and get down to a lower dosage, I think you will start feeling a lot better. Most seem to jump from it without much issue.

Thank you, Meowie. I've been in huge physical discomfort. I don't know how to explain it, but it seems to center around my pelvis and tailbone - like I've got sandpaper on the inside rubbing against everything, breathlessness, my brain feeling like it's quivering, poor sleep, shakiness, and the list goes on. It's taken me since June to go from 7.5 to 5.8. I can't go at this slow of rate feeling this poorly. I might try adding to the morning and afternoon like you suggested, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Were you ever stable on the temazapam taper. If you could get there and slowly go down, yes. If it's constant distress, that can be damaging to your cns. I crossed over to valium from temaz.  That took 1 month. Stopped at 11. Month 1 of taper was good. So much so, I increased taper rate 25%. Thru me back in hell  for a month. Got horribly sick.  I made a taper mistake last month that cost me 3 weeks.  So bottom line is, if you microtaper valium it can go smoothly. But your taper will be considerably longer. I am close to 7. Thats,4 mg in 6 months.  And it gets slower. Valium is,another serious drug. I don't have any regrets but I'm sad at how long this is taking. My body reacts immediately with serious cramping if taper goes too fast.

Thank you, Magnolis. I have started the crossover. 1 mg Diaz for 2 mg temaz at night. Yesterday was kind of weird feeling. Today is kind of rough. Feeling lots of symptoms. But I was miserable before, too. Wondering if I should up the Diaz a tad. What did you experience as you were making the crossover?

I did not need to do a 1 to 2 ratio. Closer  to 1 to 3. In other words, 30 mg temazapam equals 15 according to Ashton. I was able to stop at 11. Other people also have. Going up is much easier than going down.

I took 1 month to slowly decrease temazapam and increase Valium. Felt better as temazapam left my body.  I really wanted to stop at 10 but symptoms were still there. You need to increase Valium to a point that you feel few to no symptoms. Then hold at least 2 weeks. The crossover takes 6 weeks, before you begin to reduce.