Unique properties of zolpidem

[li...]

Wondered who sponsored this study? probably the manufacturer who has poisoned by body with the dam drug for the past 5 years.

Now they will market zolpidem to poor parkinson and stroke victims, as if they don't have enough to deal with. wait until they get hit with WDs. I feel so powerless to change what is happening with these dam drugs and help those whose lives they ruin.

Wondered who sponsored this study? probably the manufacturer who has poisoned by body with the dam drug for the past 5 years.

Now they will market zolpidem to poor parkinson and stroke victims....

well, you can certainly leap to conspiracy theories... or you could, you know, read the paper  :-\

This work was funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia (NHMRC) Project Grant 1081733. A.T.C.H was  finnancially supported by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia and Department of Neurosciences, University of Science, Malaysia (USM). P.K.A was co-funded by Imk Almene Fond, Denmark.

Imk Almene Fond must surely be a front for evil pharma types, right? Oh, wait, actually....

IMK General Fund is named after the millionaire Ib Mogens Kristiansen and directed by Lars and Peter Kristiansen, who is related to Ib Mogens Kristiansen.... The fund provides "support for the treatment of illness and disease and thus the fight against cancer and brain disorders addressed in particular extent by the Supervisory Board." Thus, the support for general valuable research.

IMO, people who feel that they have been harmed by these drugs should be the most strongly in favor of legitimate research into exactly how they work and what they do.

Lots of things which are dangerous in general and risky to healthy people, are great for people with serious degenerative diseases like parkinson's. As I often am forced to point out, I have at least one close relative who only became functional (following very serious neurological illness) because of benzos, and they continue to take them to this day because if your options are "be bedridden" or "take benzos", it becomes a pretty simple choice....

• 3 weeks later...
ok tried to read it. OMG!!!  Benzo brain cannot do it.  I want to come off from ambien cr and wanted to cross over to v to do it, does this explain if it works or not, or would I be wasting my time?

ok tried to read it. OMG!!!  Benzo brain cannot do it.  I want to come off from ambien cr and wanted to cross over to v to do it, does this explain if it works or not, or would I be wasting my time?

Ashton's Manual has the C/O equivalent.

[ef...]

I tried to  copy/paste it for you but it was too hard to read. I suggest you look it up yourself.

But it's too long and complex, i was hoping someone would come along and summarize it. :)

I understand that lives have been improved as a result of drug research. But at the same time I personally became a “Frankenstein” as a result of taking Zolpidem long term.

I have yet to fully recover from the hideous symptoms resulting from long term use of Zolpidem….used for chronic insomnia. To this day I regret that I ever touched this drug. It has ruined my life…but I’m a fighter and will never stop working towards claiming my life back. :)

I think informed choice is critical for anyone contemplating taking this drug for whatever reason. At least with informed choice no one can say they didn’t know this drugs potential.

Sadly, for those with whom this drug has reeked devastation, the road of recovery is usually fraught with extreme feelings of being ostracized by a society that has either knowingly/unknowingly turned a blind eye all in the name of science….a science that in many cases wantonly operates without a conscience.

I tried to  copy/paste it for you but it was too hard to read. I suggest you look it up yourself.

But it's too long and complex, i was hoping someone would come along and summarize it. :)

In her chart, Ashton does not say how much Ambien it is. I assume it is 10 mg. So if you look at the chart, 10 mg of Ambien equals 20 mg of Valium. I suppose that's one reason why it is so hard to get off.

Not to be argumentative, but 20 mg zolpidem would equal 10 mg diazepam. According to the chart.

A long time ago I tried it, and it didn't do anything.

Not to be argumentative, but 20 mg zolpidem would equal 10 mg diazepam. According to the chart.

A long time ago I tried it, and it didn't do anything.

I guess I got it backwards. That chart can be hard to read.