Author Topic: PLEASE READ: Topic Guidelines for this Board  (Read 29094 times)

[Buddie]

PLEASE READ: Topic Guidelines for this Board
« on: February 04, 2010, 04:44:04 pm »
We strongly encourage members to post their Success Stories. It can be an invaluable source of inspiration for those still tapering or recovering to read how others have returned to (near) normal health. However, since recovery is often a bumpy journey, with peaks and troughs, it can prove premature to post a "success story" within a few days or weeks of your final dose. If you suffer a relapse of symptoms after prematurely posting your story, your post actually might have the opposite effect to the one intended. So, when posting your story, please observe the following guidelines:

• You should be benzodiazepine-free for at least two months;

• You should be (mostly) recovered from your experience;

• You should feel positive about the future and this should be reflected in your Success Story.

If you are newly benzodiazepine-free, we encourage you to post the the Benzo-free Celebrations board, as it is only right and fitting that your benzo-free status is celebrated by you and the wider community. Later, when you are confident that you have (largely) returned to your normal self, we hope that you will post your Success Story so that your tale can help those still going through the journey of benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:35:53 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: PLEASE READ: Topic Guidelines for this Board
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 04:11:14 pm »
Posting success stories is very much encouraged. It can be invaluable for those still tapering and recovering to read how others have returned to (near) normal, but since recovery can be a bumpy journey, with peaks and troughs, it can prove premature to post a "success story" within a few days or weeks of your final dose. Please wait at least a calendar month (and preferably longer) before posting your success story to this board. If you suffer a relapse of symptoms after prematurely posting your success story, your post actually may have the opposite effect to the one intended.

Once you have quit, we encourage you to post the the Benzo-free Celebrations board, as it is only right and fitting that your new benzo-free status is celebrated by you and the wider community. Later, when you are confidenet that you have (largely) returned to your normal self, we would strongly encourage you to post your success story to this board so that your tale can help those still going through the journey of benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery.

Thank you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:59:51 pm »
Hi [...],

You only quoted my message and changed the message icon to a sad smiley - is there something that troubles you about the guidelines for this board?

Thanks.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 12:27:42 pm »
I've updated the guidelines for this board in the opening post.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:35:25 am »
I'm really glad you did this.  There is nothing more depressing than going to the success forum to try and gain some hope, then read a story about someone who sounds as tortured as you are.   :'(
This is a wonderful guideline :)
Thank you :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 09:21:59 pm »
[...],

You are welcome. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 02:23:28 pm »
We strongly encourage members to post their Success Stories. It can be an invaluable source of inspiration for those still tapering or recovering to read how others have returned to (near) normal health. However, since recovery is often a bumpy journey, with peaks and troughs, it can prove premature to post a "success story" within a few days or weeks of your final dose. If you suffer a relapse of symptoms after prematurely posting your story, your post actually might have the opposite effect to the one intended. So, when posting your story, please observe the following guidelines:

• You should be benzodiazepine-free for at least two months;

• You should be (mostly) recovered from your experience;

• You should feel positive about the future and this should be reflected in your Success Story.

If you are newly benzodiazepine-free, we encourage you to post the the Benzo-free Celebrations board, as it is only right and fitting that your benzo-free status is celebrated by you and the wider community. Later, when you are confident that you have (largely) returned to your normal self, we hope that you will post your Success Story so that your tale can help those still going through the journey of benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery.

Thank you.

Could you please delete my post ([...]) on this board.  I'm having trouble; my post unfortunately does not belong here.  Thanks.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 11:21:23 pm »
you are all full of ****... **** off.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:29:24 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 09:28:03 pm »
Hi [...],
I need help getting started on a taper off 6mg daily of lorazapan. I need someone to help me set up a taper.
I have been using it to help me sleep and to stop my anxiety. I been on it now for about 2 years. If you can help me with some advise it would be very nice. I am new to this website and have trouble posting and responding to members.  So please be patient with me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »
Hi [...],
I need help getting started on a taper off 6mg daily of lorazapan. I need someone to help me set up a taper.
I have been using it to help me sleep and to stop my anxiety. I been on it now for about 2 years. If you can help me with some advise it would be very nice. I am new to this website and have trouble posting and responding to members.  So please be patient with me.

Hi again,

The place to ask about tapering is our General Taper Plans Board.  Please repost your question there.

:smitten: