Beat the Beast

[...]

Well guys I have been off Ativan for almost a month now and I am doing great.  No side effects besides insomnia but I have always had trouble sleeping.

The thing you must do is drink tons of water to detox and you must exercise or atleast take brisk walks. sweating helps.  Benzos like everything else will eventually leave your system if you treat your system well.  If you don't believe me then stop tapering.

Check back with you guys soon and DON'T BE SCARED.

Cells regenerate! nothing that is not in your genetic make up will stay in you forever.  Even bones completely regenerate within 2 years!

Karl

Wow, Karl, you are doing great for only 1 month off!  Must be all that healthy living.  ::)  Thanks for coming back and encouraging others.  It really helps.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty much all healed.  It just takes time.  You can speed it up buy getting lots of water and sleep but don't sleep too much.  To much sleep destroys the body and mind.

• 2 weeks later...

My sleep patterns are finally starting to return to normal.  I bought a gizmo light thingy last week and it is really working good to adjust my circadian rhythm.

Check it out:

amazon.com/Philips-goLITE-BLU-Therapy-Device/dp/B001I45XL8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1267686231&sr=8-1

edited to deactivate link to commercial site. 

• 3 months later...