Does vision improve?

[Ke...]

I am just over a month of cold turkey from 4 mg of Clon.  It was an awful month but am doing much better.  My main problem is that my vision is shot in my left eye.  Everything is blurry.  Has anyone had this problem?  Did your vision improve over time?

That was some cold-turkey, Kenneth.  :o  I'm glad you got through it without a seizure.  I tapered and had blurry vision for months.  Even had my vision check by my eye doctor and got new glasses but still had intermittent blurry vision (both eyes).  It did get better and my vision is stable now.  Good luck.  :thumbsup:

Thanks beeper.  It was a huge jump but I hit tolerance and upping my doseage didn't help.  Was already having horrible w/d so I was forced to jump.  The vision has me concerned.  The other symptoms are nasty but I know they will go away in time.

Hi

im on my 6th cut.. and my vision been kinda foggy for few months, not fun!! i too, want it to stop! ICK...and hard to focus at times...

GOOD luck.. Rest assured.. im sure this will stop for you.. when? thats the million dollar question for all of us..

HOPE

Hi Kenneth:

My vision was very blurry right after my taper.  Over time it became better but it was a slow process.  Now I can go days at a time without a blurry episode.

ntw

MY vision has been blurry in my left eye as well. For the first time ever I had 2 different strengths in each eye for contacts. I have started to wear my glasses most of the time now. Driving at night in my contacts is too hard w/the blurry vision. I'm glad to know that this will get better.

My blurry vision disappeared after being xanax-free for 1 year.  I also had my eyes checked for new glasses and everything was fine.

Patty  xo

Hi all

so would you say the vision thing? blurry vision.. takes quite a while to balance out again?? ugh.. mine is hard time focusing almost, squinting.., and major light sensitivity is a killer for me!! wear sunglasses indoors and outdoors all the time! its horrible

hope

Yes definitely. There are GABA receptors in the eyes. Additionally there are all kinds of nerves in the eye.

Recently I have been having spots of color (primarily yellow but also pinks/purples) in my peripheral vision. My Opthamologist is guessing it is some kind of "optic nerve migraine" but is going to perform some tests to rule other things out. Basically, a migraine occuring in the blood vessels of the eye, and not necessarily the head's blood vessels.

Blurred vision is one of the "common side effects" of these drugs in general, too; but wow sometimes it gets really annoying!

L'andy

Hoi Kenneth:-)

After my c/t from Prazepam I had big problems with my vision as well. There have been weeks where i did see everythin twice(doubble), had this blurry vision and the sensation like I would see everything like I would watch it through the bottom of a coke-bottle (like through glass!! And I had this creyzy feeling like I would be sepersted from the world arround me. Like there would be a wall out of glas witch seperates me from the world arround! Noe after 14 month off i can say the things did improve verry mutch for the best!!!!! :yippee:

No more doubble-pictures, the blurry vision ist mostly clear(to clear:-) and the feeling living behind a glass is mutch less now!!!

When I had this sansations I was verry affraid, and sad because I thought that will not go away annymore!!

BUT.....................it does!!!!!!!

It takes time for sure but time is healing!!!!

You can have a look on my blog where my sensations are filed more or less!!

I wish you the best and you can be happy.....it will improve!!!!

Good luck

Leon

Not so much blurry vision as dry itchy eyes.

After a year of using eyewetting drops for my contacts I found

dry eyes a problem on the LIST so I had to give up

my contacts due to the excessive use of the rewetting drops

was not helping keep the contacts  useful for me. I hated giving up on them

but I had to and now use my reading glasses.

I am hoping to return to contacts when this Benzo battle is over

about the sunglasses. I have been going thru photophobia for 2 yrs now

I have to wear everywhere even in church, restraurants, theaters wherever the bright lights esp

florescence

Lets pray this will pass and our eyes will return to their normal functioning

Good topic

thanks

PB :smitten: