Burning inside body and Depersonalization?

[Ca...]

Can anyone relate to the feeling of suddenly get a heavy wave trough the body,like burning or electric feeling? is it anxiety?

and the feeling of being stuck in another dimension,and everything looks scary? then get panicked when relieze that you're alive? It feels so scary and wrong and horrible and strange to be alive, so I get some OCD suicide thoughs..

In the same way I have ALOT OF anxiety of death,I dont want to die :(

Can someone relate to all this???

I got this after coming off xanax, willl it go away?

Very normal withdrawal symptoms. You are not alone and they will pass!

Thank you so much for your reply,It is calming to know that im not alone and that is just from withdrawal

Also is racing mind/memories/thoughs common withdrawal symtom? it feels like fever dreams with random thoughs and memories popping up ?

Depersonalization and derealization are both the symptoms you are referring to. There are a hundred other symptoms that are common. This is your brain trying to heal.

I could reflect as I could have something similar with what you describe.

In my case I assign that to trait of being extra sensitive / introvert and also too much interested in philosophy, psychology and searching for the meaning of life. I sometimes get very anxious if I read too much of these books and think too much :) .

It helps to distract your self and do something more earthbound, walking in nature / hiking, gardening, housekeeping... and also social events (friends)

• 2 weeks later...
This also happened to me with Xanax, it feels like chemical fire burning through the body. I used to call it the "snake bite" It was nasty. It peaked about 2 weeks and was less after that. It was coupled with some epic and nasty anxiety which is also a withdrawal symptom. Yeah, its really no fun, but it will pass. The feeling has not really returned except for maybe very mildly for me since then. Good luck- reach out if you need!

This also happened to me with Xanax, it feels like chemical fire burning through the body. I used to call it the "snake bite" It was nasty. It peaked about 2 weeks and was less after that. It was coupled with some epic and nasty anxiety which is also a withdrawal symptom. Yeah, its really no fun, but it will pass. The feeling has not really returned except for maybe very mildly for me since then. Good luck- reach out if you need!

Yes EXACTLY it feels like "chemical" fire burning,it is not really physical feeling! Its total horrible. Its like soul is burning / have some kind of corrosive feeling.

I think it has passed for me too, but I still have the constantly anxiety and dp/dr

how long have you been off xanax?

Omg!!!! Exactly how I feel at times....to the T!

These symptoms actually showed up at the END of my taper! Maybe it means you're almost done!!! Woohooo!

Ps. Suicidal thoughts were so scary to me!  It I shared every thought always with my husband, because I knew it couldn't be me convincing myself of this!

I was so scared!

I got more burning the lower I got in my taper and especially after I jumped. I felt like there was acid in my veins and brain or something. It's awful. It's your CNS and brain trying to come back online, in my opinion. It's also your body releasing adrenaline and your body is now responding - the klonopin had prevented that. In the past, my "fire brain" was usually followed by either severe confusion, anxiety or lack of sleep, and then after a week, I was typically worlds better.

• 1 year later...
Is the chemical/burning anxiety normal two months out??  I'm having this today and it's SO hard! And I feel worse if I try to lie down.

Is the chemical/burning anxiety normal two months out??  I'm having this today and it's SO hard! And I feel worse if I try to lie down.

Yes 2 months is pretty early in withdrawal,I had it very bad 2 months off benzos

It will get better I promise!!!