0.5MG reduction over a 30 days period

[Na...]

Hi I'm just scratching the surface of LMT for my wife. We have always done a C&H. We have just started a 1mg reduction over approx 30 days. She is at 13mg V so I calculate this as approx 7.7% reduction.

My concern is, if this is a little too quick for her, how would I adjust the 'batch'?

I have mixed up a 10mg V to 20ml vodka and 80ml water and we're rducing .03ml/day. Thanks Builder  :thumbsup:

How would a 'batch' be mixed based on a .5mg reduction over 30 days? Would I mix 5mg V 10ml Vodka and 90ml of water and reduce the same .03ml/day? Would this be the simplest way?

As she gets lower in her taper this will become necessary I believe anyway, so would be nice to have a plan of attack before that day arises.

Hi I'm just scratching the surface of LMT for my wife. We have always done a C&H. We have just started a 1mg reduction over approx 30 days. She is at 13mg V so I calculate this as approx 7.7% reduction.

My concern is, if this is a little too quick for her, how would I adjust the 'batch'?

I have mixed up a 10mg V to 20ml vodka and 80ml water and we're rducing .03ml/day. Thanks Builder  :thumbsup:

How would a 'batch' be mixed based on a .5mg reduction over 30 days? Would I mix 5mg V 10ml Vodka and 90ml of water and reduce the same .03ml/day? Would this be the simplest way?

As she gets lower in her taper this will become necessary I believe anyway, so would be nice to have a plan of attack before that day arises.

Mix it the same and only reduce by .015 each day.  :)--V

Just FYI, that's a pretty slow taper.  I did a really slow taper, and I actually started at about 10%/month.

You don't need to adjust the "batch", just change the amount of the  dose (or change  the cut rate)

Ratios of 1mg=10ml, or 1mg = 100ml, are always easiest to use.  That way, your really don't need to "calculate" any mg to ml conversion, you just move the decimal.  You could do 5mg + 10ml vodka + 40ml water.  Then you have 50ml, each ml contains .1mg.  Or just continue with the  10mg V to 20ml vodka and 80ml water you're already doing.

I forgot to ask, is there a oral syringe available that measures less than 1ml? Had a hard time just finding the 1ml syringe.

Seems kinda finicky measuring out these tiny .03ml doses on the 1ml syringe. I mean it works but our eyes aren't quite the strength they once were. Would be pretty tough measuring .015 increments I would think.

I forgot to ask, is there a oral syringe available that measures less than 1ml? Had a hard time just finding the 1ml syringe.

Seems kinda finicky measuring out these tiny .03ml doses on the 1ml syringe. I mean it works but our eyes aren't quite the strength they once were. Would be pretty tough measuring .015 increments I would think.

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/images/parts/1mL-1-cc-syringe-without-needle.jpg

Hi Navita65. I'm having a hard time figuring out the difficulty you're having with the reductions using a 1ml syringe. For .015, you would just pull in 1.5 increments on the 1ml syringe. For example, I take a 10ml syringe and draw up to the 9 and then draw up to 8.5 on the 1ml syringe for a .015 reduction. The next day, you would draw up to the 7, etc.  Hope that helps. :)--V

Depending on the scale on the barrel, a 1ml syringe can either measure down to .01 (1/100th) of one ml, or .02 (2/100ths) of one ml.

So if you're using a 1mg=10ml solution, your 1ml syringe lets you measure down to .001 (thousandths) of a mg.

Precision and accuracy are really not important!  As long as you make a gradual reduction over a given time period, you will be fine.  At a 1mg=10ml ratio, a .01ml measuring error is only .001 (1/1000th) of a mg.

For example, if you are starting a 13mg, and 30 days from now, your are at 12.5, ithat's really all that matters.  And V is very "forgiving" with regards to dose variations anyway.

Depending on the scale on the barrel, a 1ml syringe can either measure down to .01 (1/100th) of one ml, or .02 (2/100ths) of one ml.

So if you're using a 1mg=10ml solution, your 1ml syringe lets you measure down to .001 (thousandths) of a mg.

Ok so today's dose is .994..........so I could just pull .9 on the 10ml syringe and .04 on the 1ml syringe........is that correct?

Ok so today's dose is .994..........so I could just pull .9 on the 10ml syringe and .04 on the 1ml syringe........is that correct?

With a 1mg=10ml solution, .994mg=9.94mg.

Pull your 10ml syringe to the 9 mark.  Pull your 1ml syringe to as close to the 94 mark as posssible.  But anywhere close is good enough. Halfway between 9 and 1 will be fine.

Even if you make a measuring error of .02ml (thats 2 marks if your syringe is marked with 100 graduations), that would change your dose my .002 (2/thousandths) of a mg.  And at 13 mg, that would actually be a total error of .00015%.

Close is good enough!

Wow thanks a ton Builder..........somehow I got over thinking this and was only using the 1ml syringe for her dose......poor woman. So I was only giving her .94ml NOT 9.94

That's were my confusion came in on getting the small increments. Along the line somewhere, I completely forgot about drawing up the .9 on the 10ml syringe, then adding the .94 on the smaller 1ml syringe. OMG I feel like a complete tool!

Thanks so much for your help!

With a 1mg=10ml solution, .994mg=9.94mg.

Pull your 10ml syringe to the 9 mark.  Pull your 1ml syringe to as close to the 94 mark as posssible.  But anywhere close is good enough. Halfway between 9 and 1 will be fine.

Even if you make a measuring error of .02ml (thats 2 marks if your syringe is marked with 100 graduations), that would change your dose my .002 (2/thousandths) of a mg.  And at 13 mg, that would actually be a total error of .00015%.

Close is good enough!

Actually we're reducing 1mg/mth based on an example of yours you posted elsewhere.

12mg tablets    1mg (10ml) liquid

12mg tablets    .97mg (9.7ml) liquid

12mg tablets    .94mg (9.4ml) liquid

12mg tablets    .91mg (9.1ml) liquid

etc...

This would be a reduction of .03mg/day.

So the liquid for today's dose 9.4ml

Draw to 9 on the 10ml syringe THEN draw to .4 on the 1ml syringe.......do I have that straight?

So the liquid for today's dose 9.4ml

Draw to 9 on the 10ml syringe THEN draw to .4 on the 1ml syringe.......do I have that straight?

Yes.