How many times do you dose Clonazepam / Klonopin?

[lo...]

Currently I'm at 3x a day, and I'm not sure whether to completely eliminate one dose so that I only have two, or chip away at all of them. Ideas?

Just once. Im at roughly .021 mgs k. Tried to seperate dose by initially moving half 2 hours apart but had severe symptoms that didnt die down after a week so back to once

It's really upto you. I've only ever taken clonazepam at bedtime. My reasoning was that I believe dependence on any substance is usually worse when one administers the substance more often and at higher doses. I have no scientific theory to back this up, but, I would think that getting your body accustomed to less frequent dosing would be a good idea. Getting down to once daily dosing would should be your goal. With that being said I also think reducing your dose over-all in a 24 hour period would work too

It's really upto you. I've only ever taken clonazepam at bedtime. My reasoning was that I believe dependence on any substance is usually worse when one administers the substance more often and at higher doses. I have no scientific theory to back this up, but, I would think that getting your body accustomed to less frequent dosing would be a good idea. Getting down to once daily dosing would should be your goal. With that being said I also think reducing your dose over-all in a 24 hour period would work too

Benzo the Clown is pretty accurate. I used to be on 1mg x 3 times daily. Currently on .33mg x 3 times daily, and C/Oing to valium to attempt to cut a a middle dose out of the day. I was having interdose withdrawals and tired of being binded to watching the clock to take my next pill, always felt relief for an hour or so. I have a mental dependency that I trying to disrupt.

Benzo the Clown is pretty accurate. I used to be on 1mg x 3 times daily. Currently on .33mg x 3 times daily, and C/Oing to valium to attempt to cut a a middle dose out of the day. I was having interdose withdrawals and tired of being binded to watching the clock to take my next pill, always felt relief for an hour or so. I have a mental dependency that I trying to disrupt.

nice, congrats. I'm on .25 x3, working on the afternoon dose right now. I figure once I get it down to half of that dose, I'd start working on a different dose. Because then it would still be easy to take the aft dose, as I just break a .25 in half, take it, and take the other half the next day. I don't have to weigh anything, other than the AM or PM dose that I decide to start reducing.

But I also hate being bound to the clock from interdose withdrawals, or at least anticipation of them.. I don't know. I feel I'll reduce my aft .25 in half, and then my PM. I'm sleeping well, and I could use the extra anti-anxiety throughout the day, so I'll keep the AM at .25.

Good luck to you on that crossover, should hopefully make things way more stable, even if only partial.

K has a half life of 30-40hrs.  Many folks do fine in 1 dose/day.  If you take 2 doses/day, there will not be any "interdose withdrawal".

I'd beg to differ.. blood concentrations can still fall below your homeostasis or stability. Using your understanding that you shared, should I and others on KPIN stop taking the middle day dose and just combine it "all into one?" I don't think that would work well and have withdrawals whether you want to call them "interdose" or not.

nice, congrats. I'm on .25 x3, working on the afternoon dose right now. I figure once I get it down to half of that dose, I'd start working on a different dose. Because then it would still be easy to take the aft dose, as I just break a .25 in half, take it, and take the other half the next day. I don't have to weigh anything, other than the AM or PM dose that I decide to start reducing.

But I also hate being bound to the clock from interdose withdrawals, or at least anticipation of them.. I don't know. I feel I'll reduce my aft .25 in half, and then my PM. I'm sleeping well, and I could use the extra anti-anxiety throughout the day, so I'll keep the AM at .25.

Good luck to you on that crossover, should hopefully make things way more stable, even if only partial.

You are well on your way my friend! I think the less times we have to take something during the day, the better control we might have. Just my opinion! I'm so type A personality that I wanted tyo have everything consistent so thats why I powder and capsulate my own pills (after lots of math.) It should help later in the taper when I get closer to a jump amount. Hopefully the reduction in afternoon dose goes well! Update us please. I plan on eliminating the AM and the mid day dose as I prefer to sleep at night also LOL. Although has been difficult lately..

Thanks for the well wishes & you too, this journey is insane.  :crazy:

You are well on your way my friend! I think the less times we have to take something during the day, the better control we might have. Just my opinion! I'm so type A personality that I wanted tyo have everything consistent so thats why I powder and capsulate my own pills (after lots of math.) It should help later in the taper when I get closer to a jump amount. Hopefully the reduction in afternoon dose goes well! Update us please. I plan on eliminating the AM and the mid day dose as I prefer to sleep at night also LOL. Although has been difficult lately..

Thanks, I like to think I'm making progress. I still feel kind of shitty while continuing to taper, but I like to believe that this suffering is me healing on the way down.

Damn, you powder and cap your doses? I just shave off from a solid pill, that way I shave off powder and I can still take a whole pill, best of both worlds :P

Thanks, I like to think I'm making progress. I still feel kind of shitty while continuing to taper, but I like to believe that this suffering is me healing on the way down.

Damn, you powder and cap your doses? I just shave off from a solid pill, that way I shave off powder and I can still take a whole pill, best of both worlds :P

Every shake & every tremble is healing happening right in front of us. I do remind that to myself as well when I feel bad- today was a god dang test for me though. I got violently ill this afternoon and couldn't keep anything in my stomach but two hours later I am perfectly fine. So I don't know what was going on..

Haha, yeah I do... bought everything on Amazon. Every Sunday night I watch Archer (or some other raunchy show) and make my weeks pills so they are almost perfect doses (+/-.005 is the variance.) And since I record/journal thoughts every day, I felt it was important to always be accurate as splitting in half for me wasn't always perfect. I would play mind games with myself, "I'll take the lesser split half right now because I'll want the bigger split pill later." I'm mentally not healthy lol.  :idiot:

Hoping this C/O allows me to eliminate that mental struggle and cut the AM and mid day doses out of my schedule. We shall see!

Every shake & every tremble is healing happening right in front of us. I do remind that to myself as well when I feel bad- today was a god dang test for me though. I got violently ill this afternoon and couldn't keep anything in my stomach but two hours later I am perfectly fine. So I don't know what was going on..

Haha, yeah I do... bought everything on Amazon. Every Sunday night I watch Archer (or some other raunchy show) and make my weeks pills so they are almost perfect doses (+/-.005 is the variance.) And since I record/journal thoughts every day, I felt it was important to always be accurate as splitting in half for me wasn't always perfect. I would play mind games with myself, "I'll take the lesser split half right now because I'll want the bigger split pill later." I'm mentally not healthy lol.  :idiot:

Hoping this C/O allows me to eliminate that mental struggle and cut the AM and mid day doses out of my schedule. We shall see!

I deal with a lot of OCD, and I have a lot of great techniques that may be of help for some of those thoughts that really intrude and disturb you!

K has a half life of 30-40hrs.  Many folks do fine in 1 dose/day.  If you take 2 doses/day, there will not be any "interdose withdrawal".

I'd beg to differ.. blood concentrations can still fall below your homeostasis or stability. Using your understanding that you shared, should I and others on KPIN stop taking the middle day dose and just combine it "all into one?" I don't think that would work well and have withdrawals whether you want to call them "interdose" or not.

Well, the fall in blood concentration is a little over 1% per hour.  So if you dose every 8 hours (3 doses/day) you would have approx 92% still in your system when you took the next dose.  If you dose every 12 hours (2 doses/day), you will still approx 88% of your dose at the end of 12 hours.

You really believe you will go into withdrawal with only 88% of your dose remaining, but at 92 % you would be OK?

SMH

I would advise a steady tapper you can live with. I went through a rapid detox of 30 days but that's just me. Was at ~6-8mg/day (Klonopin) . . . I'd forget when I'd taken and take a few. I could only figure it out because I'd fall short of the Rx and head down to MX to get more. In July 2016 I was found unconscious on the stairs after having taken K-pin, Seroquel and Nembutal. After being released from the hospital, I got off all that stuff. Has been 6 mo. now. Have been off Opiates for 3 years now and gotta stay with it. Take care.

Well, the fall in blood concentration is a little over 1% per hour.  So if you dose every 8 hours (3 doses/day) you would have approx 92% still in your system when you took the next dose.  If you dose every 12 hours (2 doses/day), you will still approx 88% of your dose at the end of 12 hours.

You really believe you will go into withdrawal with only 88% of your dose remaining, but at 92 % you would be OK?

SMH

SMH? Why are you shaking your head at me?? Do you have any idea how the physiology behind it works? Why do I feel withdrawal with my 2% cuts, but that 4% discrepancy you believe wont have any effect??!!

Interdose withdrawal is a real thing. Perhaps your body's threshhold for certain symptoms (common interdose wd symptoms like tightness, brain fog, terror perhaps) starts at that 90% level, so in the last two hours you fall under that threshold and symptoms begin to surface until you dose.

Do you understand?

SMH

SMH? Why are you shaking your head at me?? Do you have any idea how the physiology behind it works? Why do I feel withdrawal with my 2% cuts, but that 4% discrepancy you believe wont have any effect??!!

Interdose withdrawal is a real thing. Perhaps your body's threshhold for certain symptoms (common interdose wd symptoms like tightness, brain fog, terror perhaps) starts at that 90% level, so in the last two hours you fall under that threshold and symptoms begin to surface until you dose.

Do you understand?

His last reply made me kind of angry too.  Why are we shaking our head at anyone? Everyone is different, why do some complain about tinnitus, but I don't get it? We all react differently. And our blood concentration builds up over time and dissolves at different rates per metabolism and other organs function. Peak hours of blood concentration is also another factor not being attributed in his argument.

Just leave the hater alone. We know how we feel when we day-dose and when we don't (it sucks.)

Hows your day going? I'm super naseous and think it's the valium.

You're right, oh well. Also you're probably nauseous because the Clon leaves you faster than the Val builds up :/ Hopefully you feel better soon. I'm pretty good!

You will get more than 4% dose discrepancy just from the tablet-to-tablet variation.

Although I think I need to add, do whatever works for you and you are comfortable with.

I for sure experimented with different ways to taper off. In the end I chose to just do it by splitting tabs in half. Not very scientfic I guess, but, in my opinion any way you get off successfully and safely works!

I did something like this;

Clonazepam 1mg @ bed 2 wks

.75mg @ bed 2 wks

.5mg @ bed 2 wks

.25mg 2 days then stopped on jan 24th/2017

I no longer have any withdrawal symptoms. I have insomnia which is ALWAYS present, since I was 6 yrs old

You will get more than 4% dose discrepancy just from the tablet-to-tablet variation.

I'm going to just assume you've researched this and have sources for me?

Although I think I need to add, do whatever works for you and you are comfortable with.

I for sure experimented with different ways to taper off. In the end I chose to just do it by splitting tabs in half. Not very scientfic I guess, but, in my opinion any way you get off successfully and safely works!

I did something like this;

Clonazepam 1mg @ bed 2 wks

.75mg @ bed 2 wks

.5mg @ bed 2 wks

.25mg 2 days then stopped on jan 24th/2017

I no longer have any withdrawal symptoms. I have insomnia which is ALWAYS present, since I was 6 yrs old

So jealous you got off so fast from a much higher dosage. Congrats :) !

I'm going to just assume you've researched this and have sources for me?

Well, I actually have several citations bookmarked but here's the simple statement:

" According to United States Pharmacopoeia(USP), the procedure for content uniformity test is

*Stage1: Take 10 units randomly and perform the assay. It passes the test

if the relative standard deviation (RSD) is less than 6% and no value is

outside 85-115%." 

http://www.pharmainfo.net/Tablet%20Evaluation%20Tests/Content%20Uniformity/content-uniformity-tests-pharmacopoeial-comparision

The US standard for both weight and ingredient consistency is  +/- 15%  (85 to 115 % of label values. 

Most pharma mfgrs manage to do considerably better.  But if you spend any time on the General o Titration forums, you will see that BBs doing scale tapers routinely report +/-5% variations (10% range) in a given batch of tablets.

They still average out to having a zero sum effect over multiple tablets, so it will have no effect. What are you getting at anyways? This is getting annoying.

They still average out to having a zero sum effect over multiple tablets, so it will have no effect. What are you getting at anyways? This is getting annoying.

Yes, it averages out.  That's my point.  You won't feel an different if  one nominal .5mg tablet is actually .495, and the next is .505, and you won't feel any effect if there is "only" 88% of your dose in your bloodstream instead of 92%.

Yes, it averages out.  That's my point.  You won't feel an different if  one nominal .5mg tablet is actually .495, and the next is .505, and you won't feel any effect if there is "only" 88% of your dose in your bloodstream instead of 92%.

88% is always lower than 90% and 92% and never averages up, that's a completely different scenario