Benzodiazepine Documentary

[Gr...]

OMG...THANK YOU for this link...I am adding it to my lawsuit as a tutorial for understanding the big picture and then understanding what I personally am going through!!

You both are very welcome. I did not watch the whole thing because as soon as the announcer said something about "brain damage" my anxiety started up and that's a sign for me to stop listening. So I did. I wish I wasn't so anxious in this withdrawal, but that's my reality right now and I "gotta do what I gotta do" to survive this.

I pray this documentary helps many, many people. We need all the help we can get!

Blessings on your lawsuit Choco!!!

:smitten:

You both are very welcome. I did not watch the whole thing because as soon as the announcer said something about "brain damage" my anxiety started up and that's a sign for me to stop listening. So I did. I wish I wasn't so anxious in this withdrawal, but that's my reality right now and I "gotta do what I gotta do" to survive this.

I pray this documentary helps many, many people. We need all the help we can get!

Blessings on your lawsuit Choco!!!

Grandma D, when this documentary first came out last fall, we had an extensive discussion around here. You're not the only one whose anxiety was triggered by some of the language used in the film. I could try to track down that discussion, if you're interested. In my opinion, the documentary -- although well-made and informative -- is missing balance. It doesn't give the whole picture, which includes the positive side where people get well.

The question of "brain damage" and/or "permanence" is controversial, and there have been no studies to date that demonstrate a clear picture of the brain before, during and after an individual takes benzodiazepines. Such a study is almost impossible to carry out. Both doctors mentioned that they'd wanted to carry out certain kinds of studies but were blocked for various reasons.

I still think its an important piece of work, but personally, I would have liked a different format, where the two doctors were able to speak -- with much less editing -- about the various aspects of this problem. I also think he could have interviewed people who went through benzodiazepine withdrawal and healed. That positive side could have provided more balance.

In the meantime, don't watch it if you're not up for it. For me, it was extremely important to hear from both Dr. Ashton and Dr. Lader, the two most prominent psychopharmacologists and researchers who provided the early warnings about the dangers of benzodiazepines, and whose work has benefited us all.

Thank you Lapis. I don't need to read the discussion as I'm not doing well today and have to limit my time on here. I appreciate your comments and offer very much.