Study, Feb./17: "Central Nervous System Medication Burden and Serious Falls..."

[La...]

The full title of this American study is "Central Nervous System Medication Burden and Serious Falls in Older Nursing Home Residents".

For those of us who are dizzy, the risk of falling is ever-present. For seniors who are taking medications that affect the central nervous system -- including most of the psychiatric medications -- falls can be very serious.

I've come across numerous studies on this topic, i.e. seniors taking benzos and the risk of falls.

The recommendations seem to be the same pretty much across the board: Reduce medications that affect the central nervous system. Right. So, how many more studies are needed to confirm this???? Time for action.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28152179 

The recommendations seem to be the same pretty much across the board: Reduce medications that affect the central nervous system. Right. So, how many more studies are needed to confirm this???? Time for action.

I agree wholeheartedly, Lapis. And, like you, I have to worry about falling, too. When will they get on the stick and do something about this??? Falls cause fractures, broken bones, death. The elderly are fragile enough as it is.