UK BBC Radio 5 Live to cover antidepressants this weekend

[lo...]

Hey, this is great news! Is this our man Stephen Nolan, Fiona? Maybe we can listen live here on the other side of the pond, like last time. If you get the broadcast details, please share them. Thank you!

Hey, this is great news! Is this our man Stephen Nolan, Fiona? Maybe we can listen live here on the other side of the pond, like last time. If you get the broadcast details, please share them. Thank you!

Ditto :thumbsup:

BBC TV Scotland now looking to do something on the subject of A/Ds.

And tonight a hospital fiction drama, again BBC,  featured problems with A/Ds - did not see it myself.

Something is going on ... this is no coincidence.

Have heard on the grapevine that BBC Radio 5 Live programme might prove to be rather disappointing.

May not be about dependency, withdrawal etc but a promotion of talking therapies instead of pills. 

Wil post details of prog when I know them.

BBC TV and the Daily Mail newspaper are apparently co-orindating their activities.  I thought that must be the case.  I have no idea if that is unusual or common practice. 

Fiona  :thumbsup:

Yikes, that's pretty early here! If it's available after-the-fact, then I'll check it out. The topic still sounds interesting to me, since I think it is essential that they focus on non-drug options for depression and anxiety.  :thumbsup:

It will be available afterwards online .. I am not sure if it will be accessible overseas. 

Fiona

Hey Fiona:

Will it be availble on YouTube?

It's radio, benzogirl. I believe we were able to listen to the program (archived) online here in Canada the last time so hopefully we can again this time

It's radio, benzogirl. I believe we were able to listen to the program (archived) online here in Canada the last time so hopefully we can again this time

OK, but I don't have a radio, except in my car. So I'll sit in my car with it turned on and the garage door closed. :laugh:

I have communicated with the programme makes again as there were concerns that the whole thing was going to be a big disappointment.  I am assured that someone will be speaking whose life has been destroyed by antidepressants and that BBC Radio is looking to do more on the harms of A/Ds.  BBC TV Scotland  seems to be looking to do similar.

Fingers crossed.

Fiona  :smitten:

If there's a phone-in portion, then people can make their voices heard on this topic. I hope there's enough publicity to get a good audience for this programme. Fingers crossed on that too!

Yes, one of our Buddies here will be speaking .. not sure if she wants to publicise that fact or not.  And also others from Facebook Campaign Group. 

Fiona  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have no idea, Lapis.  But I would imagine if the programme attracted an unprecedented response then a programme about antidepressants should attract even more.  There are far more people taking A/Ds in the UK.  I do hope it will be a success anyway.  I have shared the link via FB so hopefully others will do the same.

Fiona  :thumbsup: