Updosing Support Group

[no...]

Should I get my entire dose switched over to liquid or do it in steps?

I would guess it would be easier to switch the entire dose to keep it simple.  :)--V

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [NJ...]

• [Ba...]

• [va...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes we have to go backwards to go forwards - love to all xx

Priceless quote. "Sometimes we have to go backwards to go forwards" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rather fitting i would say...!!!

So can i add one of my faverouts pls...?

The only thing worse than being wrong, is Knowing your wrong and sticking to it...

Yep another good one. :thumbsup:

Last weekend builder suggested front loading an updose (take 2mg day 1, 1.5mg day 2, 1.25mg day 3 and then 1mg day 4)

Maybe I should do that? I'm kinda freaking out about taking that much though. 😩 I just can't take this pain and suffering anymore. I've resolved to holding as long as it takes but some relief would be great

I would take this advice -- builder knows what he is talking about -- looking at 2mg it's a small dose in the general scheme of things so it could lift you out of it.  It would seem to me you need to do something and until you take that leap of faith you will never know.  Your real enemy is fear  :smitten:

Hi all  :hug: After going into hell and getting worse the last few days with yesterday being the worst of the worse, followed by the same but getting worse again today  :D :D :D I took a 1/2 mg of tonight's 2mg dose rather than take an extra 1/2 or 1mg to see if it would help. And it took the edge off my symptoms  well enough for me to be able to funtion and do what I needed to do indoors  today,  I will see how it goes from here as I didn't think it would be much help as I felt so terrible but help it did. :)

I will have been holding at this updose for 3 months next week, and want to give it until then a at least  in case the change was coming anyway before I make any decisions about up-dosing further. If I should come to the conclusion a further updose and hold is definitely needed  and believe me I don't take it lightly.  I am talking about getting out of being disabled by the withdrawal not very uncomfortable . I can take a good kicking but I can't take it when I can't get up off the floor, then I'm no good to myself regarding not just surviving tapering, withdrawal and recovery, but staying alive and being physically productive enough to do so And  also need to remain mentally logical and rational  enough not to do anything illogical to myself or anyone else.

My mind bends something truly horrific and it scares me that I may loose the capacity to keep remain rational no matter what and be aware of what I'm doing, I've had to battle what feels like an army of evil inside my head to not totally loose control. And when your totally alone with no contact it's one hell of a wrestling match within, battling an unseen chemical legion all by yourself every day for years.  Anyway regarding if I have to updose further I intend to do it by 1/2 mg a each time rather than the 1mg I was considering if the time to do it came. And the other possibility I'm considering is whether to updose each week until I find my halting place or leave it longer again , I'm unsure about that right now.

And I have to see how I am tonight as I've now cut 1/2mg form my PM dose as I take 3mg AM and 2mg PM so I have a few things to make an informed decisions on how to proceed, and even then I may have to change something up or down a notch who knows? so its all by ear/intuition based on how I feel I'm doing. It was fear and of what others were saying when I was weak that got me too scared to do this 2 years ago, and all the fear is based in theory not stone hard indisputable proven facts. 

Yeah sure when its a bad day, now and again I wonder if I did the right thing who doesn't think like that ? I thought like that everyday while cutting down lower as well But more than that I wonder ALL the time, why the hell did I let fear based other peoples opinions which are majorly  based on fear not fact get the better of me, and not updose the minute I felt I was beginning to headway beyond discomfort and becoming disabled very rapidly?  We fear that others know better than ourselves because they been on the forum a long time, and are healed, but it's not true we know our bodies better than anyone.

So now I've reverted back to what I did for many years while getting off all kinds of prescription drugs, if I got slightly symptomatic I held until the symptoms went and I had a rest from the symptoms. Reduced the size cuts, elongated the time between cuts and had liveable symptoms that never kept me housebound continuously. if I got major symptoms, I back tracked by going back on the last comfortable dose until they went away then resumed cutting down again. No matter what I still got off and with a lot less problems that I encountered over the last 2 years and that was off all types of drugs including Benzos. Like  SusieJ said  until you take that leap of faith you will never know.  Your real enemy is fear  :)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Nova, sorry to hear its been rough... but good that your making positive decisions and have a plan to tweek as u go... much better than blindly going in circles...

I used my recent updose to split my dose yesterday, i had asked a couple of times on the support board for any info... but no...  actually prob best i have a break from there... anyways, things went real pear shaped last night for a while, but woke feeling much brighter thus far... It was mental sx, i guess an anxiety attack, and my body kinda shut down for a bit... looking back, its been building a while, and was there when i woke through the night... All new to me, am only realy used to physical sx..  but real happy if things stay how they seem now..

Hope everyone else is holding up ok... things can change so quick day to day, and its not all bad...

Take care...

Nova, you remain as always a great source of strength and I know how you have struggled, but never once gave up, you have given so much to BB with all of the research you have done to help so many here. So please know all of us that know you, and getting to know you, we are here for you. Having weathered so many storms I know that true Recovery will come. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Cantfly,

We can ask for help and wait to hear, but as we all know we must make the final decision.

Sorry you had to deal with something new, but after reading many of your posts for a while now, you have the right attitude and you are going to be alright. You are so right things can turn on a dime, so we all need to do the best we can when we can.  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hey Nova, sorry to hear its been rough... but good that your making positive decisions and have a plan to tweek as u go... much better than blindly going in circles...

I used my recent updose to split my dose yesterday, i had asked a couple of times on the support board for any info... but no...  actually prob best i have a break from there... anyways, things went real pear shaped last night for a while, but woke feeling much brighter thus far... It was mental sx, i guess an anxiety attack, and my body kinda shut down for a bit... looking back, its been building a while, and was there when i woke through the night... All new to me, am only realy used to physical sx..  but real happy if things stay how they seem now..

Hope everyone else is holding up ok... things can change so quick day to day, and its not all bad...

Take care...

I was taking my klonopin at 7:30am and 3pm so I'm going to stretch my evening dose closer to 8pm. I was going from 3pm to 7:30am without a dose and I think I'm having interdose withdrawals. After I get it spaced apart I'm going to start switching over to liquid.

Thanks begood... yeah i kinda worded it wrong... was waking up...

I knew my posts were getting read, and i was getting answers to part A, of one post, and i could have "bumped" if needed, but not getting an answer was an answer of its own... -only i could decifer it from the rest... some aspects of my situation are not mainstream, which i understand, and people not knowing tells me to look at things from the "other" aspect...

But i will take your kind words, much needed today... -brain fog and cant wake up...

There was something else, been bugging me for a while... -which just said i need to worry about me for a bit, and let it pass... all is well... :)

Thanks...

Hey Dad...

Hows you today?

I think when later in the day doses start to creep closer to the morning dose its time to consider the possibility of interdose w/d atleast...

When i was in hospital they worked it out for me from my obs/vitals, and changed my slow release opiate to 6hr from 12hr... -it was fading at about 10hrs, but to go 8hrs would have left a larger dip than 6hrs, for that particular style of medicine.. and i guess they halved the doses too...

But i like that idea of slowly pinching a bit off each end and moving it to the middle... How i feel today, is probably an indication that my body didnt like sudden change either. Though i will use this updose to switch to DLMT soon too...

Have a good day/night...

-i need a magic house cleaning fairy... the dogs were in a dam, then on the lounge... MUD!!! Grrr...

Nova, you remain as always a great source of strength and I know how you have struggled, but never once gave up, you have given so much to BB with all of the research you have done to help so many here. So please know all of us that know you, and getting to know you, we are here for you. Having weathered so many storms I know that true Recovery will come. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thank you Sista' Noble spirit  :hug: :hug: :hug:...............................

$10,000  Check is on the way to you  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

One week ago I had made it down to 12mgs of Valium and was sweating, having tremors, confused, more than anxious with chemical anxiety and loosing weight and hair pretty quickly. This is going along the Ashton methods taper schedule, which worked up until a certain dose and then it all caught up with me and Slammm! I went and saw my doctor and she read her notes and saw I was relatively stable around 16 mgs so that was the magic number. It's one week since the updose and I do feel much better than before. I'm not 100% but in another week I'll be starting a DLMT from here on out. No more timeline for tapering, rather just go by how my symptoms are. Seems to be the smoothest transition off the drugs that way. I feel our bodies have set time frame of how long it's going to take to heal no matter how fast or slow we taper and my goal is to come off as smoothly as possible regardless the length of taper. Hope this helps someone out.

Nova, -i think u r awesome too!!! :)

-infact, I think everyone is awesome...!!! -except there was this one psych... lol.

Well... -I just wanted to say...

-My updose from 1.5v to 2v was great for me, yes a step backwards in numbers, but they were numbers i hadnt quite earned anyway... But the updose allowed me to split my dose with ease to twice a day to cover the GI cramps better, and to start my DLMT...

I am out of bed more and feel like im back to November (a much better month)...

I can even pretend to be a parent again... The school has just started to raise concerns, which could go either way.... so i feel like i could face that drama now, if need be...

So, I just wanted to say, its not only about the numbers...

And as a bonus, I feel i will know if im tapering too fast, better now... -and have a better idea of what sx is from which medicine...

Cheers...

Stay strong...

Nova, -i think u r awesome too!!! :)

-infact, I think everyone is awesome...!!! -except there was this one psych... lol.

Well... -I just wanted to say...

-My updose from 1.5v to 2v was great for me, yes a step backwards in numbers, but they were numbers i hadnt quite earned anyway... But the updose allowed me to split my dose with ease to twice a day to cover the GI cramps better, and to start my DLMT...

I am out of bed more and feel like im back to November (a much better month)...

I can even pretend to be a parent again... The school has just started to raise concerns, which could go either way.... so i feel like i could face that drama now, if need be...

So, I just wanted to say, its not only about the numbers...

And as a bonus, I feel i will know if im tapering too fast, better now... -and have a better idea of what sx is from which medicine...

Cheers...

Stay strong...

[glow=red,2,300]"FANASTIC NEWS Cantfly" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/glow]

Wheels, great your feeling a bit better...

Your so right, a benzo taper healing time is something all the kicking and screaming in the world wont change...

I have suspected for a while now, that the Ashton taper is probably great for the average person in the world...

But here on BB, there is a compilation of more complex or sensitive cases, and for some it may not suit... this theory seems well accepted and supported here...

Good stuff...

Hey all....

How are we all doing tonight/ day???

How are those that have made changes in the last week or so feeling???

I must say i have felt better... -is only stomach pain, but its been climbing all day to well beyond bad manners... it feels like july/august 2016...

There are 4-5 things i could put it down to, and still i could be wrong...

So its just wait n see time....

I just wanted to give mention to all our Buddies that are sick or recovering from various illnesses and the like... Seems to be quite a few.. 

-Get well ASAP...

-wish you all strength...

Cantfly, I am resuming my taper Monday and will taper for 10 days about 5%, then hold for one month, getting there, slowly, but this seems to work best for me, I am just finishing a 2 month hold, but think I will go to just one month hold. I have the benzo belly off and on and Peppermint tea helps a lot, but it is just another gift that benzo's gives us, our gut is like our Brain, and they are healing at the same time. Keep up the good work. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks BG...

I worked peppermint out by accident years ago... it works so well, even with chocolate!!!

Benzo belly on top of OIBS, im blessed for sure... lol

Valium was my cure for the pain in the first place... (lucky all of this is tempory, and i will wake up fine in the morning...) :)

I am thinking on similar lines to you now im working out whats benzo and whats still opiate stuff... its going to be a fine line... very sx guided...

I so hope slow an smaller cuts work well for you (as they should)...

Glad u r hanging in there...

B good... :)

Thanks BG...

I worked peppermint out by accident years ago... it works so well, even with chocolate!!!

Benzo belly on top of OIBS, im blessed for sure... lol

Valium was my cure for the pain in the first place... (lucky all of this is tempory, and i will wake up fine in the morning...) :)

I am thinking on similar lines to you now im working out whats benzo and whats still opiate stuff... its going to be a fine line... very sx guided...

I so hope slow an smaller cuts work well for you (as they should)...

Glad u r hanging in there...

B good... :)

So far I have come down from 10mg of Valium doing just as I am now, and it is working, your taper will work also because you have the right mindset, and I have been reading your posts to others, very good advice and support you give. :thumbsup:

BG :)

Thanks BG, that means the world to me...!!! -seriously...!

The thing I have observed here at BB that those who give back seem to do better, I just see it all the time. This is not easy what any of us are going through, but a kind word and support to others will always rein supreme. :thumbsup:

The thing I have observed here at BB that those who give back seem to do better, I just see it all the time. This is not easy what any of us are going through, but a kind word and support to others will always rein supreme. :thumbsup:

The gift is in the giving... :)

And so many here are gently teaching me so much...

Ty..

The gift is in the giving... :)

And so many here are gently teaching me so much...

Ty..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey BeatBenzos,

Ur getting close now!!!! Well done... Dont worry about the little hickup, its all healing time...

Steady as she goes... (they say)...