Author Topic: Updosing Support Group  (Read 49724 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Updosing Support Group
« Reply #1120 on: August 31, 2021, 05:31:17 am »
[...],
I hate to ask you to drudge up painful memories -- but I am also in acute withdrawal -- and day 23 post updose and holding....so, I know its early on and I just have to be patient.  the mental symptoms are my main issue -- they are horrendous -- did you also have a lot of panic/fear/depression when you were in that acute state back in 2019?
thanks so much
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1121 on: August 31, 2021, 09:50:56 am »
[...],
I hate to ask you to drudge up painful memories -- but I am also in acute withdrawal -- and day 23 post updose and holding....so, I know its early on and I just have to be patient.  the mental symptoms are my main issue -- they are horrendous -- did you also have a lot of panic/fear/depression when you were in that acute state back in 2019?
thanks so much

Hi 300. Due to back issues I can no longer write much, but you can click on myprofile and then go to "posts" and look for my first posts on this forum.  It's all there. I couldn't stop writing back then.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1122 on: September 14, 2021, 07:02:02 pm »
Hello!  I recently c/t'd from Klonopin and went back up to .5 and was still left with lingering sir hunger and chest pain.  I went up to 1mg and was more relaxed about it and I believe those issues mostly went away. I crossed over to [...] to follow the ashton method but I did it abruptly and, again, had an almost c/t episode but redosed the klonopin to more slowly cross over as suggested by the Ashton Manual.  Again, I did it too fast because I had a misunderstanding about the need for [...] to build up to an equivalent amount.  I did it in 9 days rather than the suggested month or so.  However, I have been off of Klonopin completely for 23 days, and on [...] for 33 days.  I am feeling discouraged that the cross over has successfully eliminated the symptoms of air hunger, which I find to be intolerable and experience 24/7.  I assume this is residual Klonopin withdrawal peaking out from beneath the [...]. 

Do I try to updose 5mgs of [...] or so to see if it covers up the Klonopin withdrawals so that I could get into a frame of mind to continue crossing over?  Or do I just stick on the 19mg of V and [...] that I can stabilize and get rid of the sir hunger?  (I was on 20mg and still decided to go down to 19mg anyway.  I no longer think it is a good idea to go any further for right now.  But I know that these symptoms are not from the 1mg [...] reduction.)