2 years and TIME is what it took!

[ml...]

Lysa,

Has the tinnitus returned at all?  I'm still battling it at almost 16 months.  Will it really end?  I'm losing hope.

I still have the T unfortunately. It comes & goes, it's better but still waiting for that to totally go. Hang in there!!  :thumbsup:

Lysa,

How do you cope with the tinnitus?  Mine gets quieter at times, but it is still constant - the hissing buzzing noise in my head.  I feel like I'm stuck with this forever because I don't notice any improvement.

iwsth

Distraction, distraction, distraction. It's really all you can do. I listen to music, watch tv, stay occupied when it's flared up. It does help. The rest of the time, I just ignore it the best I can.

Blessings  :smitten:

Thanks for much for sharing. I helps us to read that people do succeed. And good for you! :smitten: :smitten:

Betsy :)

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for much for sharing. I helps us to read that people do succeed. And good for you! :smitten: :smitten:

Betsy :)

Thank you Betsy!  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

God bless you Lysa and your new life.

Thanks for letting me be part of your recovery.  :smitten:

Much love,

Beth

Thank you Beth!!! Your such an encouragement and an inspiration  :smitten:

Hi ML thanks for coming back.to say hi. I noticed you were saying you still have flare ups?? Im 26 months now and still struggling  :(

Hi ML thanks for coming back.to say hi. I noticed you were saying you still have flare ups?? Im 26 months now and still struggling  :(

Hi,

I do sometimes still have a spell here and there, but have connected it to a glass or 2 of wine over the last year or so. Alcohol and benzo healing does not mix. At least not for me...  :idiot:

What an amazing recovery and positivity you have, mlmagic! Congratulations, I'm really glad to read this and it does give me another boost and hope. I hope I can write my own recovery here someday, soon. Yes, you are right that by suffering this, we have learned many things about health, and how amazing our body is designed to recover, given its proper needs and TIME. Congratulations again, I'm happy for you, I can imagine how happy you are now living your life knowing that you are free from those! And yes, please keep educating others who don't know yet about these inhuman drugs, help them realize so they wouldn't have to go what we've been through. It is enough that we were the ones. No human should suffer this kind of pain. What a joke! We have to educate people - save our future generations!

What an amazing recovery and positivity you have, mlmagic! Congratulations, I'm really glad to read this and it does give me another boost and hope. I hope I can write my own recovery here someday, soon. Yes, you are right that by suffering this, we have learned many things about health, and how amazing our body is designed to recover, given its proper needs and TIME. Congratulations again, I'm happy for you, I can imagine how happy you are now living your life knowing that you are free from those! And yes, please keep educating others who don't know yet about these inhuman drugs, help them realize so they wouldn't have to go what we've been through. It is enough that we were the ones. No human should suffer this kind of pain. What a joke! We have to educate people - save our future generations!

Thank you so much for your sweet post! Blessings and total healing to you!  :thumbsup:

Hello mlmagic I have a quick question? Did you ever have the DP/DR (disconnected) feeling?

Oh lord yes! It was horrible for so long, but it eventually went away. The first year was an all out battle & so much patience. More improved within year 2. Hang in there!  :thumbsup:

Lysa,

Do you still have tinnitus?  I'm still suffering from it as I approach 18 months.  It has always been my worst symptom.  It does get quieter at times, but it is still a constant hissing.  My biggest fear is that it will never go away, and I don't think I can live with this the rest of my life.  Please give me hope.

Wow congratulations! Such a hopeful insprising story.

I also C/T the Ativan after a fast 4 week taper. Took the pills for 3.5 months at 0.5mg. Then jumped when down to 0.25mg. I C/T 6.5mg of Ambien CR too, just last week.

So how were you able to manage the bouts of insomnia? DId you take other supplements to help ease your symptoms or did you just rely on healthy eating and exercise? I'm battling insomnia too and I believe if I only get some good night of sleep, then I'd be ok and healing and life would be manageable. I'm currently getting 0-4 hrs of sleep, but moslty 0. It'd be a relief if I do manage to get 4 hrs which is rare this past 2 weeks. I have kids who need me and I so want to get back to my old self soon!

I'd appreciate all the tips and suggestions you'd share!

Lysa,

Do you still have tinnitus?  I'm still suffering from it as I approach 18 months.  It has always been my worst symptom.  It does get quieter at times, but it is still a constant hissing.  My biggest fear is that it will never go away, and I don't think I can live with this the rest of my life.  Please give me hope.

Yes...I wish I could say otherwise for both of us, but I do still have the hissing. Its calmed down, but still there. I just hope one day I realize, hey...its gone. Everything just takes so much darn time and patience.

Wow congratulations! Such a hopeful insprising story.

I also C/T the Ativan after a fast 4 week taper. Took the pills for 3.5 months at 0.5mg. Then jumped when down to 0.25mg. I C/T 6.5mg of Ambien CR too, just last week.

So how were you able to manage the bouts of insomnia? DId you take other supplements to help ease your symptoms or did you just rely on healthy eating and exercise? I'm battling insomnia too and I believe if I only get some good night of sleep, then I'd be ok and healing and life would be manageable. I'm currently getting 0-4 hrs of sleep, but moslty 0. It'd be a relief if I do manage to get 4 hrs which is rare this past 2 weeks. I have kids who need me and I so want to get back to my old self soon!

I'd appreciate all the tips and suggestions you'd share!

Hi, thanks for the post. You did it, your a trooper indeed! On the insomnia, I truthfully just battled thru. I could not take anything the first many months after WD, my body was just too sensitive. Valerian and L-Theanine now helps and benadryl too sometimes. I still have hard nights, I just deal with it. Doing all I can to be healthy, exercise and no food after 6pm. I find that helps alot. However, Im also dealing with menopause now...so thats a whole other deal and sleep is a challenge.

So reassuring for me to read your success story. Ive been cutting for 2 and half years  and having really bad windows and waves.  I never know what I'm going to be like from one day to the next. I can't wait to be writing my success story.  Thank you so much for writing that. Xxxxx

So reassuring for me to read your success story. Ive been cutting for 2 and half years  and having really bad windows and waves.  I never know what I'm going to be like from one day to the next. I can't wait to be writing my success story.  Thank you so much for writing that. Xxxxx

Thank you!!! You will get there...such a process and requires so much patience I know.  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lysa,

Your story has been a true inspiration to me, and I have read it many times over.  I had a question about your internal vibration.  I found some posts where you said it lasted about 9 months.  Was that accurate?  I have had it for nine months now, and I sometimes feel so scared that something is really wrong.  It started about one month after I stopped taking benzos.  I have it mostly on my right side and sometimes it makes my vision so shaky and I even feel dizzy.  My family has stopped believing in me that this is withdrawal, but in my heart I feel like I know that's what it is.  If you have any light you can shed on this for me, I would be so grateful.  I'm going to get an MRI on Tuesday just to rule anything major out.  This has been such torture.  Thank you for your time.

Hi Lysa,

Your story has been a true inspiration to me, and I have read it many times over.  I had a question about your internal vibration.  I found some posts where you said it lasted about 9 months.  Was that accurate?  I have had it for nine months now, and I sometimes feel so scared that something is really wrong.  It started about one month after I stopped taking benzos.  I have it mostly on my right side and sometimes it makes my vision so shaky and I even feel dizzy.  My family has stopped believing in me that this is withdrawal, but in my heart I feel like I know that's what it is.  If you have any light you can shed on this for me, I would be so grateful.  I'm going to get an MRI on Tuesday just to rule anything major out.  This has been such torture.  Thank you for your time.

High five for getting off the poison!!! And thank you for the kind words about my story.

This is not for wimps, that's for sure!!

That awful vibration was one of my worst & lingering sx of WD. It lasted so long and truthfully, it occasionally comes around again, albeit not often. It's our CNS trying to heal and for me, I fried mine going CT, so it was pretty bad. It does get better & better as time goes on. After going thru all this hell, I look back and realize, the first year is so much healing, but the second year is even more. Hang in there, keep going and yes, those tests will help you feel better. But from my experience, it's all WD healing.

God bless.

Hey Ml....your story is encouraging! I am tapering off of Lorazepam right now..I'm at .2375 mg a day atm. U have a bunch if symptoms but one I am curious about...did you lose hair while going through wd? I just had to have my head today..it's been falling out/thinning so much lately ppl started to notice...so time for the bald look! Anyways was wondering if you had this and if you did how long did it take to grow back?

Thanks, you are an angel of light and hope. How amazing that you would take the time and come back here to help those of us who are still in the dark hell of withdrawal.

When I get better I am going to help those still suffering.

You deserve a great life and I hope you are happy, joyous, and free for all-time.

Thom.

Thanks, you are an angel of light and hope. How amazing that you would take the time and come back here to help those of us who are still in the dark hell of withdrawal.

When I get better I am going to help those still suffering.

You deserve a great life and I hope you are happy, joyous, and free for all-time.

Thom.

Thank you Thom!!! You will get there, just keep up the good fight, it's worth it!!  :thumbsup:

Hey Ml....your story is encouraging! I am tapering off of Lorazepam right now..I'm at .2375 mg a day atm. U have a bunch if symptoms but one I am curious about...did you lose hair while going through wd? I just had to have my head today..it's been falling out/thinning so much lately ppl started to notice...so time for the bald look! Anyways was wondering if you had this and if you did how long did it take to grow back?

Hi, thank you for the message and good work getting off that poison! I did not have any issues with my hair falling out, so I can't help with that one. This stress affects us all so differently. Hopefully your body will resolve it up when it's over.

Blessings.  :smitten:

• 2 months later...

Hi, thank you for the message and good work getting off that poison! I did not have any issues with my hair falling out, so I can't help with that one. This stress affects us all so differently. Hopefully your body will resolve it up when it's over.

Blessings.  :smitten:

Hi MiMagic,

I know it's been a while since you made this post, so I'm not sure if you're still active on the forum anymore, but I had a quick question for you. When did you notice the upward trend in your waves starting to get better instead of worse?I'm 5 months out from my Wellbutrin C/T and I'm just wondering when I can start to see some improvement. I've yet to have a solid window, and my main symptoms are depression, anxiety, anhedonia and MAJOR DP/DR. I'm really ready to see these symptoms start to break up, and I was wondering if you could tell me when you started to see some of your mental symptoms breaking up. Thanks for any feedback you can provide!