michael jackson

[da...]

I recall that Michael Jackson was taking benzos when he died by trying to sleep with Propofol - a general anesthetic.

I wonder if he was in WD and so desperate for sleep that he tried the Propofol.  At the time, I thought that seemed insane.

Now that I am in WD and suffering from insomnia, I get it now.

I watched a documentary about his life leading up to his death.  He was being worked so hard for his upcoming tour which I am sure contributed to his severe sleep issues.  He was on benzos, but I forget which one(s).  Apparently, he had taken the benzos before bed and when those did not work he slipped himself some propofol. 

I watched that documentary in the early months of wd when it was impossible for me to get even a minute of sleep without seroquel.  My heart sank while watching it as I felt I was witnessing my future.  Seems so strange that I've made it this far... Yet, still suffering.  I always think of Michael Jackson and feel so sorry for him, myself and everyone else who has suffered like us!! 

• 2 weeks later...

I was "given" propafol for an endoscopy to explore dysphagia (another benzo effect) rather than the usual versed and tiny bit of fentynal which always went smooth.

The endoscopy went fast BUT, I had recurring nightmares for days (just like that movie Groundhog day). The same vivid dreams (very disturbing) over and over.........

Ask before any endoscopy as that crap (propafol) is not good and they are pushing it because it is not a narcotic. I never was tempted to do fentanyl but it sure works well for short term surgical stuff like that. I had my esophagus "stretched" because of benzos (IMO) causing food to get caught in painful spasms of throat. No more propafol for me ever!

• 2 years later...

I know I'm late to the party again and this thread is 2 years old but the list of medications shocked me:

"Coroner's investigators returned to the mansion to investigate and find numerous bottles of antidepressant, anti-anxiety, pain and insomnia medications prescribed by Murray to Jackson, including: diazepam (Valium), prostate medication tamsulosin (Flomax), lorazepam (Ativan) and tempazepam (Restoril). They also found other prescriptions from two other doctors (longtime dermatologist Dr. Arnold Klein and general practitioner Dr. Allan Metzger), which included anti-anxiety drug clonazepam (Klonopin), antidepressant trazodone (Desyrel) and muscle relaxer tizanidine (Zanaflex)."

(From the article that Lapis2 posted)

Jermaine was saying in an interview that Michael was complaining that half of his body would be burning hot and half ice cold. I think Jermaine misunderstood. I remember those days when my skin would be burning and I would be freezing inside, not knowing what to do -- get a heating pad or sit by an open freezer.

I bet stuff like that happens every day but doctors only go to jail if they kill... well... Michael Jackson. They continue practicing medicine if they only kill an average Joe.