Left Side

[Je...]

When I stopped taking Klonopin a little less than a month ago I noticed weakness in my arms and legs, simple things like walking up stairs, writing, and having to support the weight of my arms would cause a tired burning feeling. But now the right side of my body has gotten much better but the left is still weak. I was first put on benzos for health anxiety and have now become afraid of MS  which causes weakness down one side of the body. I could really use some reassurance.

When I stopped taking Klonopin a little less than a month ago I noticed weakness in my arms and legs, simple things like walking up stairs, writing, and having to support the weight of my arms would cause a tired burning feeling. But now the right side of my body has gotten much better but the left is still weak. I was first put on benzos for health anxiety and have now become afraid of MS  which causes weakness down one side of the body. I could really use some reassurance.

I had this.

My non-dominant side (left, in my case) was weaker, smaller and showed the most symptomatic reactions - left hand trembling, left leg weakness and so on.

From reading up on it, I found that comparative weakness on the non-dominant side is fairly typical for everyone anyway, but at its worst I could see quite clearly that my left arm, leg, fist etc., comparing one directly to the other, were actually physically smaller too.

This rectified over time, strength & size returned and all is well  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

Being a month off, wobbly legs and weakness is in realm of normal. This improves. Hang tight. And yeah, left side was my weird side for symptoms. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jesses.  Don't be alarmed as the other BBs stated.  It IS VERY common.  I suffer with my non-dominant side (left) from top of head through foot with all kinds of "stuff" at weird times.  Try not to panic and know it passes.  One of the bad things with benzos is that I think it makes our thought processes unrealistic and most of us can experience or think something dreadful is happening when it's not.  Take care.

Wow... My left side is a mess too... So this is common? What a relief. My left leg muscles are the tightest. My lower back in my left side bothers me the most. Why?

I didn't know why, either, except I knew it was a benzo symptom. I used to suffer with left shoulder/neck pain, lower left back pain. It's all gone. Wish I knew the answer to your question, Klonofree, but at least you can have comfort knowing that other people have had this.

I didn't know why, either, except I knew it was a benzo symptom. I used to suffer with left shoulder/neck pain, lower left back pain. It's all gone. Wish I knew the answer to your question, Klonofree, but at least you can have comfort knowing that other people have had this.

Hi Terry38,

When did those pains subside? That's great that they did go away.

Bennie

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, I didn't see this, Benniejets. I'm sorry.

I don't know when the pain subsided. The shoulder/neck was very painful. The left lower back I thought was sciatica. But like so many of my symptoms, these left and I don't know when. Sometimes the left shoulder pain comes back if I'm in a wave, but it certainly isn't like the pain I used to have.

Thanks Terry38—

I am glad for you. I was 53 when I started this crazy ass trip, and will be 56 soon. I'm tired, so tired of the pain. Second only to cyclic anxiety which starts on left side but then permeates my whole body. Some days I just don't know how I'm going to continue...

Bennie