A Combination Dry and Water Titration

[...]

Hello All,

After getting advice on doing a dry/ water titration on this thread with a small amount of vodka to make the Xanax more water soluble, I'm in a pickle about the total amount I should start with.

For the past 8 months, I take anywhere from 1 1/4 mg to 1 1/2 Xanax daily...........It is either 1/4 mg at mid-afternoon and then 1 mg at bedtime............If it has been a more stressful day, I'll take the 1/4 mid-day and then 1 1/4 mg at bedtime. Other times, I'll miss the afternoon and take either 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 at bedtime.

I take the higher dosage at least 3 times a week and am unsure if I should start titrating from the higher dose.

Example: 1. At mid-afternoon, take 1/4 mg dry and later on prepare a liquid dosage of 1 mg and pull 1 ml daily.

2. At mid-afternoon, take 1/4 mg dry and then make a 1 1/4 liquid dosage and pull 1ml daily.

My gut feeling is to go with the higher dose since I take that amount about 3x a week and my body is probably used to that and I'd hate to run into wd troubles a few weeks in.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated...............I'd like to be rid of this evil demon by next summer if possible.

Thanks,

Al

Thanks Builder,

You're advice is beyond words...............I see all the advice you give here and it is truly appreciated.

One last question, I enjoy a few beers(3-4) on the weekend along with Karaoke.

Once I start the taper, would the beer have to go to do it right?

IMO, whatever you were doing before you started to taper, you should continue.

The more changes you make, the more confused your system will be.