Pain with dosing

[Su...]

Every time I dose i get pain. The dosing at night is the worst, where I cannot sleep. The pain is excruciating, Advil helps but I can't take it anymore because of low kidney function. Wow, one thing after another with this stuff. Is this a paradoxical response, and if it is do I need to taper faster? Any help is appreciated. :)

Hi Challis, good to hear from you. I'm on 28mg t  24mg/night 4mg/day. I wonder if I'm still having withdrawal from the xanax/ I've tracked my dosing and every time I have pain after. So frustrating! I'm still considering a C/O but I'm concerned about my response to that. None of this is easy, it's so hard to know. i have wd sxs everyday.

I can only make a guess, but I wouldn't think the pain after dosing would have anything to do with the Xanax you've already tapered off of.

Where is the pain?

Lower abdomen, legs. I don't even know if I can describe it, but it is brutal. It might be nerve pain from the T. I feel that I might need to taper faster but that has its problems. I'm in a catch 22!

Challis, I appreciate you keeping in touch with me. You are loved.

Thanks, Summer... I only want to help.  I remember how bad this was for me.

:smitten:

As to the pain, have you considered any adjunct meds?  Some here have had luck with Neurontin (Gabapentin) and other prescriptions to take during withdrawal.  Some have dependency and withdrawal syndromes as well, but none as difficult as benzodiazepines.

Other people will have experiences to share about what they've taken successfully, I don't really know much about any of them because I haven't taken any of them.  After finding out about the Xanax I'd been taking, I was afraid to try anything else.

You might start a new thread titled something like 'What adjunct meds have helped you in withdrawal?'  You'll get differing suggestions and opinions, but you can weed through them and see what you think.

Personally, (and this is not for everyone) I would explore CBD oil if I had to do this again.

Fortunately i live in WA state. In the past as a teen I hated the high pot gave me, so I'm somewhat skeptical. I'm getting more desperate, so I might have to have my daughter, who lives in Seattle check some options out. I know everything is different now, compared to the stone age when I grew up.

Summer is there a reason you can't take Tylenol. This is less harmful to your kidneys usually than either aspirin or Advil. I was dealing with severe muscle cramping, pain, spasms but was put on gabapentin. 900 mg, then 1200 if needed. Was very helpful and other than maybe some drowsiness in the beginning it was worth taking. I'm now taking it totally as needed although I'm allowed 900 mg again. When I don't take it or only take it at bed I don't have any ill effects and I took it steadily for about a year. Might be food for thought and don't let the name gabapentin mess with you. It's not a Benzo. Also as I get closer to the end of this taper I fully intend to try CBD oil assuming the Feds keep their promise and legalize marijuana this spring. I bought some CBD pot in Washington last summer and was assured by the shop that this was very mellowing stuff so lol made hubby try it first. Indeed it was mellow. He could barely get off the couch. Well I didn't mean quite that mellow so I've yet to try it. Chicken! Two puffs. That's all it took but as he said, he felt zero pain. But I want the oil...should have bought that. Takes longer to work but lasts a bit longer I'm told. I too smoked it in the Stone Age but actually enjoyed it at the time but I wasn't on benzos. In fact don't recall even taking an aspirin. Some people really don't like it though, others find it fabulous for withdrawal. One of these nights I just mind smoke some but watching hubby I'll be near my bed, watch tv, and prepare myself for a no need to walk far. Or maybe wait until I can get some oil. I guess as a kid I enjoyed it and found it much less harmful than alcohol. But I'm not that kid anymore. I used to love roller coasters too. Things change. Point is you have options. B

i'm so glad for your reply and thank you for the info. I am on here a lot now since I'm bedridden :(. I read a lot of your posts and realize how encouraging and supportive you are. It's funny because i wanted to message you to see if you will be a buddy. I actually don't know how that works but I'm assuming it's a following of each others. posts.

Your determination and history are inspiring. I look forward to your freedom and new life without meds, as well as mine.

Barb, I'm actually on arthritis strength tylenol. It takes the edge off, advil is butter but I had to stop taking it because of my kidney function. I'm still getting the break through pain. This poison is incredibly diabolical.

Ah Summer that's really hard. Arthritis is nasty for sure. Thing is Tylenol does little for it because unfortunately you'd need some sort of anti inflammatory. And those are rough on kidneys and tummies. I'm so sorry you're bedridden. That makes withdrawal harder for me because we get caught up in ourselves due to simply boredom. Pain seems to intensify. Sadly there's not a lot that you can do. I have mild arthritis in my knees from younger years...sports. It's mild I'm told but still if it acts up OMG it really hurts. So if you have it badly boy do I feel for you.  Things tend to hurt more though when bedridden. Nothing much else to think about usually.  Thank you for the PM. Meant a lot but lol I have no idea how to become a buddie either. I guess maybe look for alternatives for pain. I have a good friend who finally had enough and opted for Tylenol 3s (codeine)for her arthritis. I can't tolerate codeine at all (turns me into a lunatic) but it really helps her. Again though it's a drug you have to watch. She takes it as needed. But it certainly has potential for dependency. Thing is if you're taking high dose of Tylenol people often don't worry about that yet over lengthy period need to watch your liver. I guess all drugs have good things about them but also bad. But for me benzos take the cake. So I take gabapentin cautiously as well as the Remeron but my first priority is getting off the benzos. If I need adjunct Med's and they work I take them. Also I have a very good doctor now finally who watches every step of the way but now lets me control my own taper. It's not easy though. Lol my hubby can testify to my insufferable moments. Thing is we both accept that in time a good day or more will come. And eventually freedom. Joy! I wish I could help more. Other than to tell you to hang in there not much else will do. And lots of support here. But benzos are bad enough so add arthritis double whammy. I'm sending you hugs. Maybe they'll help a bit. B

i actually don't have arthritis, just on the extended release for arthritis for the nerve pain. My brother in law is a dr. so he has me on that instead of the advil because my kidney function was declining. He also has me on supplement called NAC, its actually an amino acid that clears the liver for the tylenol. I do so much better on the advil. What a mess this drug has caused. I'm trying not to be angry to preserve what little energy and function I have but it's hard sometimes. I still haven't totally accepted this situation yet.

Thank you  for the input.