Good idea to switch from Clonazepam 0.5mg to Diazepam 10mgs?

[Le...]

Seems like Diazepam is the go to for substitution Clonazepam itself has a fairly long half life but would it still be a good idea to switch to the longest?

Also If I do switch do you still get some sort of reaction from switching in that even though you're still using a benzo you get cold turkey symptoms from just stopping one of them?

As to longer half-life that makes the withdrawal between doses more tolerable...it looks like you are just taking one pill a day now with one of the benzos that does have a longer half life so I'm not sure if you have a lot of withdrawals between doses now.

The different benzos will effect everyone differently.  Some people tolerate the crossover to diazepam well and for others it does not work.  If you did crossover you would likely start by changing your dose to .25 mg klonopin and 5 mg diazepam and see how that effects you.

One advantage with diazepam here would be that you would eventually be on 10 mg versus the .5 mg dose you have now...dealing with cutting or splitting pills it would be easier to split and reduce dose sizes

Unless K is causing problems I would not switch, there is no need as K tapers just fine if you liquify it, which is easy to do.  I would not invite a problem.

Unless K is causing problems I would not switch, there is no need as K tapers just fine if you liquify it, which is easy to do.  I would not invite a problem.

:thumbsup: This.  After a year reading here, I've come to the conclusion that a cross over should be reserved for only those cases where a slow/prudent taper cannot be tolerated.  The outcome from a cross is too variable in my opinion.  I decided not to risk a bad outcome unless I really had no choice.  I've had little problem tapering short-acting Xanax since I slowed it down.

Agree with last two. Unless you have previous experience with Valium, and are pretty certain you would do better on it than clonzepam, I would stick with the devil you know. Too many who have crossed-over regret it.

Ok the issue I have is the pills can only come in 0.25mg and 0.5mg pills I'm finding it really hard to cut them to size, also I'm not confident my digital scale that measures to 0.01grams is accurate enough as it seems to always fluctuate when weighing out small amounts and the reading doesn't stay steady.

Any suggestions on this?

Ok the issue I have is the pills can only come in 0.25mg and 0.5mg pills I'm finding it really hard to cut them to size, also I'm not confident my digital scale that measures to 0.01grams is accurate enough as it seems to always fluctuate when weighing out small amounts and the reading doesn't stay steady.

Any suggestions on this?

Liquify. IMO, benzo tapering screams for liquid and no benzo screams louder than K.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]