Three weeks in to my liquid taper. HELP?

[Ma...]

I'm three weeks into my liquid taper and feel horrible. I was going a little too fast at first but slowed down after some advice on here. I'm feeling alot of symptoms and am tempted to updose. I was at tolerance before the taper and could never stabilize. Any suggestions or is this just how it's gonna be? Should I keep cutting and just try to deal with the symptoms? I'm cutting .007mg a day. I thought that was pretty slow.

If you are actually experiencing withdrawal sxs, its because you have lowered your dose more quickly than your body can adjust.  So you can 1) go back to a dose that matches your bodies needs, or 2) you can wait (and suffer) until your body catches up.

Seems like a pretty easy decision to me.

JMHO

If you are actually experiencing withdrawal sxs, its because you have lowered your dose more quickly than your body can adjust.  So you can 1) go back to a dose that matches your bodies needs, or 2) you can wait (and suffer) until your body catches up.

JMHO

I've been experiencing symptoms for a long time now. Even when I would listen to my doctors and updose it would not help. The medicine doesn't help but yet I still need it . I realize most people can  updose or wait to stabilize but I'm not in that group. It's a tough decision. If I updose and it doesn't help like in the past then I'm worse off. I guess I asked a question that really can't be answered. Thanks for the quick responses.

JMHO

I've been experiencing symptoms for a long time now. Even when I would listen to my doctors and updose it would not help. The medicine doesn't help but yet I still need it . I realize most people can  updose or wait to stabilize but I'm not in that group. It's a tough decision. If I updose and it doesn't help like in the past then I'm worse off. I guess I asked a question that really can't be answered. Thanks for the quick responses.

When I said "If you are actually experiencing withdrawal sxs...", maybe I should have bolded "withdrawal sxs".

Again, withdrawal sxs are a result of your dosage being less than what the body "needs".  If updosing doesn't resolve the sxs, then your sxs are probably NOT withdrawal.  And the fact that you have been continually experiencing sxs for a long time further suggest that there is something else going on.

Not everything is benzo related.

JMHO

They've done a ton of tests on me and  say I'm fine. I'm worse since the tapering so I'm assuming the taper is the cause. .007mg a day looks soo small on paper. 

JMHO

Builder. Tolerance confuses me. I got to the point where the medicine no longer worked. Even when I went up in dose it did not help. It sometimes made things worse. But dropping makes me worse as well. It' a no win situation. Does this make sense to you?

When I said "If you are actually experiencing withdrawal sxs...", maybe I should have bolded "withdrawal sxs".

Again, withdrawal sxs are a result of your dosage being less than what the body "needs".  If updosing doesn't resolve the sxs, then your sxs are probably NOT withdrawal.  And the fact that you have been continually experiencing sxs for a long time further suggest that there is something else going on.

Not everything is benzo related.

JMHO

I've spoke to many many people, who felt symptoms while on their original dose of medication. It's like the medicine "turned" on them. Also have spoke to many people who have up dosed and it didn't help, sometimes made things worse. On the benzo coalition there is a cardiologist who started Xanax and shortly there after started experiencing panic attacks, other withdrawal symptoms. She's on the medical board of directors. Read her story if it'll give you peace of mind. I believe if I went back to my original dose, I would still feel horrid, as the damage has been done from me cutting too fast. Just my opinion.

I've spoke to many many people, who felt symptoms while on their original dose of medication. It's like the medicine "turned" on them. Also have spoke to many people who have up dosed and it didn't help, sometimes made things worse. On the benzo coalition there is a cardiologist who started Xanax and shortly there after started experiencing panic attacks, other withdrawal symptoms. She's on the medical board of directors. Read her story if it'll give you peace of mind. I believe if I went back to my original dose, I would still feel horrid, as the damage has been done from me cutting too fast. Just my opinion.

Well, I'm not trying to be nitpicky about semantics,  but these are side effects, and/or paradoxical effects.  (or the result of some other factor)  By your very description they are NOT the result of lowering or discontinuing the med.

It seems important to me that folks understand the many times their sxs are the result of taking the med, or being on the med, and NOT the result of reducing their dose.

Well, I'm not trying to be nitpicky about semantics,  but these are side effects, and/or paradoxical effects.  (or the result of some other factor)  By your very description they are NOT the result of lowering or discontinuing the med.

It seems important to me that folks understand the many times their sxs are the result of taking the med, or being on the med, and NOT the result of reducing their dose.

every situation is different, and yes paradoxical effects can occur, however I know before I did my first cut my anxiety started getting worse.i spent all of last year getting tests done and admitted to the hospital twice. Nothing. I've had every test in the book. There's an article from a lady that cold turkeyed in the 80s and the nurse told her "oh dear why did you start taking these pills, after awhile, they create fear". I've never forgotten that article. Sometimes they stop working, create exactly what they prescribed for, and yes paradoxical reactions. I just don't believe by up dosing to original dose would eliminate symptoms in every person, in fact talked to many that made them worse or didn't help at all. Just my opinion.

And again, my point is that if the sxs are ongoing, and do not respond to updosing, then they probably are NOT withdrawal sxs.

Again, withdrawal sxs are a result of your dosage being less than what the body "needs".  If updosing doesn't resolve the sxs, then your sxs are probably NOT withdrawal.

It is clearly recognized that taking benzos over a long time frame can bring on its own sxs, even at a steady dose.  And certainly even beginning a benzo regimen some times causes a paradoxical reaction, but these are  obviously not withdrawal

And again, my point is that if the sxs are ongoing, and do not respond to updosing, then they probably are NOT withdrawal sxs.

Again, withdrawal sxs are a result of your dosage being less than what the body "needs".  If updosing doesn't resolve the sxs, then your sxs are probably NOT withdrawal.

It is clearly recognized that taking benzos over a long time frame can bring on its own sxs, even at a steady dose.  And certainly even beginning a benzo regimen some times causes a paradoxical reaction, but these are  obviously not withdrawal

all I know is that many many people I have talked to, on here and the half dozen or so Facebook groups I'm in, and all day researching this nightmare, updosing does not always work, and sometimes makes things worse. And it's people in withdrawal.

Hi Matty,

In my opinion .007 is still too fast especially if you started tapering with symptoms. If it were me, I would hold for a short time or until you feel able to taper again and then start much slower than that, even if you have symptoms, as long as they are not getting worse. You can always taper faster when you start feeling better.

Don't keep going if you are feeling sxs. They will only get worse, in most cases.  If you are tapering every day, like I am, when I tried going faster than I was able to, I used to go back two or three days and hold for a day and then start tapering slower. That's a very small updose.

Jenny 

Hi Matty,

In my opinion .007 is still too fast especially if you started tapering with symptoms. If it were me, I would hold for a short time or until you feel able to taper again and then start much slower than that, even if you have symptoms, as long as they are not getting worse. You can always taper faster when you start feeling better.

Don't keep going if you are feeling sxs. They will only get worse, in most cases.  If you are tapering every day, like I am, when I tried going faster than I was able to, I used to go back two or three days and hold for a day and then start tapering slower. That's a very small updose.

Thanks Jenny. I appreciate the help. One of my problems is I have symptoms because I hit tolerance after years of taking the klonopin. I do feel worse since beginning the taper but I expected that. Are you saying you were able to taper without any symptoms? I thought this process was supposed to be unpleasant even on a good day. 

Jenny

Hi Matty,

Sorry. I hope you got my response Jenny.

Thanks Jenny. I appreciate the help. One of my problems is I have symptoms because I hit tolerance after years of taking the klonopin. I do feel worse since beginning the taper but I expected that. Are you saying you were able to taper without any symptoms? I thought this process was supposed to be unpleasant even on a good day. 

Jenny

W/d sxs and side effects are identical.... Called the pharmacist about this at one point.... Read the side effects....she was the one that pointed this out

This has been my issue for a very long time trying to figure out what was what with me in trying to figure out how to proceed.....  then again my situation is also different ....

I started my taper at .25mg Xanax nightly for six years. I started tapering .0025 per day with a liquid taper. Everything was going fine until about day 27 and I got slammed pretty hard. I held for two weeks. At the end of two weeks I was feeling very good and have now continued with my taper. Hard to believe, but that's my story.

You are going down pretty fast so who knows. I'd hold and wait to see how you feel in a week or two.

Best wishes on your taper.

I started my taper at .25mg Xanax nightly for six years. I started tapering .0025 per day with a liquid taper. Everything was going fine until about day 27 and I got slammed pretty hard. I held for two weeks. At the end of two weeks I was feeling very good and have now continued with my taper. Hard to believe, but that's my story.

You are going down pretty fast so who knows. I'd hold and wait to see how you feel in a week or two.

Thank You Serenitee.

hi serenitee what liquid are you using to taper? Thank you nicole

I put my .25 pill of alprazolam in a small jar. Draw 1ml (1ml is only about 5-6 drops)of propylene glycol using a syringe and put it the jar with the alprazolam. After several minutes, the alprazolam dissolves in the propylene glycol. After stirring the alprazolam and propylene glycol  for a second to ensure it has become a solution, I mix in 100ml of water and shake. 1st day I withdrew 1ml and drank the rest, 2nd day made a new batch withdrew 2ml and drank the rest, 3rd day made a new batch withdrew 3ml and drank the rest, etc.

So if you continue, it would take 100 days. For me, it has turned out to be a little fast, so I have turned down speed of the taper slightly. If you  wanted to, you could start with 200ml of water which would be a 200 day taper if you dropped 1ml per day.

One thing to keep in mind is that as you get closer and closer to zero, the percentage you are cutting every day is going up, so it is important to slow down toward the end.

hi I have my plan all worked out for a milk titration. I had to pay someone online to do my spreadsheet to keep the percentages the same as I go down. My brain fog so bad I couldn't figure how to keep the percentage the same. I'm doing dry and liquid. I'm recovering from some big cuts so no more of that  :laugh: glad your taper is going good :) nicole

Hang in there. I got a feeling you are going to come out of this fine. It will,take time and patience and pain, but keep on goin slow and steady. When you get completely free and healed, you are going to be bullet proof.    ;)