A bit less than 33 months off....

[dr...]

I've been doing my thing just passing the time.  I feel like I am in purgatory because I am not getting killed with symptoms day in day out but I am definitely not well enough to have the enthusiasm to get out and do something.  I just want to be on my couch 24/7 but then I get stir crazy being home so much.  On the bright side, I am now able to drink a real cup or coffee and nothing bad happens.  Crazy how one day I can't and now i can.  I mean I get no heart palps or rushes. 

Still having issues with headaches and sinuses.  I can be sitting here fine one moment and then I get what can only be described as a sinus attack where I am completely clogged.  within an hour it passes.  Anyone else get this?  it used to come with all my other bad symptoms like panic, palps, etc during my witching hours each day so I presume this is just a remnant of that. 

I did purchase some tinted lenses that are supposed to help with light sensitivity and migraines.  they seem to be helping a lot and I jsut ordered a pair of prescription glasses with the tint.  Not cheap but hoping it works. 

I'm now down to 25mg of propranolol from 60mg about a month ago.  i decided to cut down because I didn't like how it made me feel and I got fatter on it. i have been getting more auras and headaches but I hope it's temporary.  I never had this before quitting benzos.

On the plus side, I rarely get panic attacks or adrenaline rushes at all.  I haven't had an all out panic in months.  it's as if my body can't respond to the stimuli in the same way.  Situations that would have sent me into panic are now just mildly uncomfortable. 

I didn't plan on this being an update but I guess it is.

Things that still suck

Head shit

muscle pain and stuff

90 year old joints

exhaustion

so so sleep but not bad enough to complain

can't exercise

All in all just struggling along at 33 months off or so   

Drew, I am hanging in there with you buddy, at 34 months, things are not near as intense but still have a ways to go........still have leftovers.

So happy to hear your panic attacks have mostly ceased.....making progress,

Always, cindy

Drew:

Congrats on being off for so long. Sorry about those nagging symptoms but I'm sure they'll go away. Just like no more high dose panic.... :thumbsup::smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[80...]

Hey Drew,

Congrats on the 33, I'm about to hit 32 in a few days.  I have that sinus stuff too, and sometimes it gets like rubber bands and mucus stuck in the back of my sinuses and throat, and it drives me nuts.  It's always part of a wave for me, comes along with the muscle cramps/nerve pain/anxiety.  I started taking magnesium for bathroom issues and got worse, also took some Phenerghan after surgery last month, but think the mag is doing me in, so no more of that for me.

Things are much better for me too overall, but purgatory is a good description, I feel like I'm in it too. 

MG :smitten: