These Damn Internal Tremors

[Sh...]

I did some reading in the forum this morning, and it seems like so many of us are contending with internal tremors.  Why are these so bad?  They interfere with my ability to do things, as they combine with jelly legs.  I feel about 200 years old.  They are almost always there, and make me feel utterly crazy.... :idiot: 

I have this very badly. It's 24/7 and often hurts too, like tingly neuropathy. One very, very painful and disturbing aspect of this, for me, (and seemingly no other women so far), is what it does when I get my period. I have always had major problems with periods since puberty, so it's not all from WD but this bit is. Work this out, this sensation runs all through my body. It seems to 'radiate' out from my lower back (I know there is a huge mass of nerves there because my husband has a spinal condition called Cauda Equina Syndrome which is primarily a neuro condition caused by disc injury, so it only stands to reason CNS sxs would originate from a large nerve group), and flows into my arms and legs and 'pulses' in time with my heartbeat.

However, when I get my period, it 'shifts' and focusses entirely on my lower abdomen/pelvic area. This is so bad I can 'feel' the shapes of what I presume are my reproductive organs. The pain is unreal, it's like period pain mixed with neuropathic pain in my internal organs. During one of these monthly episodes I can't feel it in my legs or anywhere else, it's like a boiling cauldron in my uterus. I do think I have endometriosis because I get 'period' pain all through the trunk of my body, but I've been told it can only really be confirmed via surgery and I'm not well enough to go through that at the moment. In a way I hope it is because I may have more of a case for getting the lot removed one day and putting a stop to all the sxs that have plagued me since puberty and been the catalyst for my problem with Opiates and Benzos.

I know I have to deal with this if I want to avoid problems with drugs again in the future, but I am too sick to do it right now, it's lose lose all the time for me.

I'm so sorry you have this going on, Dapple.  It's horrible enough without the complications brought on by a period.

If it is endometriosis, that tends to clear once one is in menopause.  Hope that will be the case for you.

All of my mental symptoms are gone, but this internal vibrating / buzzing persists. It almost feel like a permanent leftover from benzo withdrawal. I still have visual snow and minor muscle spasms as well. Mentally I am 100% back to my old self, physically not.

I still have internal vibrating, humming,tremors, they are very painful.

My whole cns is messed up. The only thing I know to do is wait it out.

I have done everything within my power to make things right and be good to myself and heal.

I wish I had answers, but I am all out of ideas.

Mine is not so severe anymore, I make sure to eat a lots of protein shakes, especially an hour before bedtime. Also I feel they  minimize after Ive walked the dog, and after I went back to school they have even become more invisible. Nutrition is essential, I eat something every second hour. And also I stopped to pay attention to them, in the beginning they also game me the jelly legs and I thought ohhh I won't be able to walk my dog, but I forced my self, and thinking THIS is is not gonna kill me, it's just a symptom. Also I have started to train up my psoas muscle, it helps on my back pain.

hugs to u all :smitten:

Elbette,

Can you reference which exercises you are doing to release the tension in your psoas, please? I do stretching. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Surprisingly, what helps most and feels good is "constructive relaxation", you can google it.

Today I'm so damn stiff and achey in my pelvis and hips. I relate a LOT to dapple.

I'm vibing away too. As much as I was during taper. I think my hormones are messed up—low progesterone. And who knows what else is going on.

Bennie  :o

Elbette,

Can you reference which exercises you are doing to release the tension in your psoas, please? I do stretching. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Surprisingly, what helps most and feels good is "constructive relaxation", you can google it.

Today I'm so damn stiff and achey in my pelvis and hips. I relate a LOT to dapple.

I'm vibing away too. As much as I was during taper. I think my hormones are messed up—low progesterone. And who knows what else is going on.

Bennie  :o

Hi Bennie

These are some among others that I use, you can find plenty more on YouTube  :thumbsup:

Thanks,  Elbette! These two videos and exercises provide great instruction and understanding. Better than many other YouTube videos. If you haven't shared these in the muscle pain group already, I hope you do!

:smitten:

Bennie

Thanks,  Elbette! These two videos and exercises provide great instruction and understanding. Better than many other YouTube videos. If you haven't shared these in the muscle pain group already, I hope you do!

:smitten:

Bennie

U can share them, I'm not good with groups, due to my koinoniphobia  :laugh: (fear of rooms full of people)

• 4 weeks later...

I have internal tremors pretty bad. It is my worse symptom. I am hoping they go away over time. I have found that hot baths help and heating pads. I also heat up a heat buddy and stick it in bed with me and listen to a progressive muscle relaxation tape to help me sleep. The heat also helps with muscle pain and stomach cramps. Some days I feel like I have the flu because I ache all over.

I have noticed that sugar makes them worse. But here is what is odd. I eat pop chips which have sugar in them and I tend to eat the whole bag and when I do nothing. No tremors. But if I eat ice cream or drink milk, horrible tremors. I have started drinking coconut milk with no sugar and it has helped.

I also have cut back on carbs as they turn to sugar.

The good news is that lately I have noticed I have more days where they don't start until later at night. Yesterday was a great day. They didn't start until 10 pm and then only lasted 2 hours. I thanked god and prayed for more days like that. Of course, each time I have a window like that the next day is hell. Not sure why.

I have had a weird taper due to being in tolerance withdrawal so it doesn't seem to matter much whether I dose or not. At least that was the case until lately. Now on days I dose I have good days. I should be off these things by the end of April which means I would have tapered 5 months. I am praying after I jump things get better over time.

Just one word though. I recently went to a Cardiologist because my heart was going crazy. Shaking all the time like my insides do and I went through all kinds of tests. Cost me a small fortune. He concluded I was having almost constant Heart Palpatations where my heart adds a beat. So strange. The good news is that he said they were not dangerous and it wouldn't kill me. Good to know. He even thinks it is part of my withdrawal. First doctor to have said that. He prescribed a beta blocker but I can't take them due to the fact is makes things much worse for me. It drops my BP to much and then I have erratic heart beats. Anyway, I recently read somewhere about people going through Beta Blocker w/d so I have opted to not take them. Don't want to go down that road again.

My point is there is no short cut on this journey. All we can do is try to do things that help: Heat, hot baths with epsom salts, drink lots of fluids, eat as organic as you can afford, cut sugar, caffeine and cut down on carbs- I am hitting around 100 or less and it has helped. I also take magnesium, bacopa monnieri for brain healing, vitamin C for antioxidant reasons and to boost immune system. I have tried taking vitamin B9 but it doesn't help at all. Makes things worse for me. I also drink tension tamer tea as it seems to help some. Walking my dogs has really helped tremendously at times.  A 20 minute walk can make these things leave for an hour or pure bliss.  :)

I am seriously considering buying a teddy bear soon. Sounds stupid but whatever makes you feel better. I sit around with a heating pad on most of the time and a fan blowing on me. I play little games on my tablet to pass the time, read, crochet and anything and everything to take your mind off how you feel.

I am going to try acupuncture next in July. I will post as to how that goes in the future.

I'm so sorry you have this going on, Dapple.  It's horrible enough without the complications brought on by a period.

If it is endometriosis, that tends to clear once one is in menopause.  Hope that will be the case for you.

I hope so, but I have another 20-30 years of this yet, even once WD is over, I still have huge health issues to contend with. I am having to plan my life around my cycle now, and am just remembering what it's like to dread 'coming on' again, post Opiates and Benzos. I start to dread it the day mine ends. Any arrangements have to be put aside, plans changed etc. This month's 'period' and subsequent internal 'boiling' was off the scale. The pain was so bad, easily level 10 and above, that I felt delirious and almost passed out from it. I even considered going to the hospital it was so bad, and I never, ever do that. I didn't though because all they would have seen is a drug seeking addict and reported me to the addiction agency, who do not believe in WD or most types of pain issues. It's now a mixture of 'period pain', boiling sensations and neuropathic type pain in my insides. It's so bad that I sort have have 'interludes' where it's just me and the pain, just me in a little bubble of excruciating agony. I struggle to speak clearly or listen or anything, standing and moving are out of the question when it's this bad, that's what that kind of pain does, destroys you from the inside out. I stay away from others at this time because I don't want people to think I am insane. I was stuck in bed for three days and looked like someone in the midst of dying from something like Cholera.  :sick:

Periods ALWAYS = waves for me now. I am starting to get windows, albeit small, but each period is a setback. It means back to bed, feeling like I am back in acute. I had the massive pain issue before Benzos, hence my dabblings with Opiates,

This symptom has got to such an extreme now that it doesn't even feel like a 'tremor' or 'buzzing' anymore, it's more like being sat on the lid of a boiling cauldron.  I am going to get some tests done because it feels like it's gone above and beyond what can be expected in WD and we do have a family history of neuro issues. I wonder if I covered something up with the Benzos?. It's not anxiety, I've had anxiety all my life, including problems with panic attacks, but I've never, ever felt anything close to this, it feels like my nerves are misfiring. I should be visibly shaking head to toe like an alcoholic with severe DTs. I got my husband to put his hand on my thigh where it's really bad and felt very confused when he said he felt nothing.  :tickedoff:

Eating anything makes this worse, along with all kinds of movement and even mental excursion. I'm bored, so I try to at least keep my brain active while it's trapped in a sick, weak body, but I react physically to mental stimulation just as much a physical. My sxs come on very badly if I get angry, laugh, have a conversation etc, anything that involves the tiniest bit of energy.

This is neurological, it's physical. I also get neuropathy in my nether regions and randomly all over my body too. It's like all my nerves are misfiring. I'm going to ask for a referral to a neurologist because this is ruling my life. Another thing is it NEVER goes away, never, even when I get a window, this also makes me think there may be more to mine than just WD.

I am also eventually going to try and find out if I do have endo because a lot of my period issues, that I've had since puberty, match it. Extreme pain, very heavy bleeding, period type pain in my ribs and stomach areas etc. So far it's been a mystery and I've never been able to get an answer.

I have noticed that sugar makes them worse. But here is what is odd. I eat pop chips which have sugar in them and I tend to eat the whole bag and when I do nothing. No tremors. But if I eat ice cream or drink milk, horrible tremors. I have started drinking coconut milk with no sugar and it has helped.

Hmmmm... is there any chance this is related to dairy products?

Hmmmm... is there any chance this is related to dairy products?

You know, I have wondered that myself because one time I got tested for a milk allergy and they said on a scale of 1 to 6, I was a 1 so maybe somehow this was triggered. Unfortunately, I also have tremors before I  eat anything some days but if I am not having them then milk products definitely is a trigger.

I haven't eaten dairy in years and I still get the internal tremors. Sugar amps up the vibrating, as well as any exciting event good or bad. Vitamin C sometimes helps calm me. Magnesium did for a while then it turned on me.

Dapple,

I've been reading many of your posts with agonizing symptoms—and I can relate. Please, please get yourself checked out by a competent gynecologist, and maybe even urologist that knows of pain disorders. I'm no doctor, yet everything you describe about your periods screams endometriosis. The pain in nether regions can be withdrawal symptoms but also, pudendal neuralgia. It makes sitting, walking and many activities anywhere from mildly uncomfortable to utterly intolerable. There are options for treating these conditions, within western medicine and outside of it.

Pain management has become my focus until these problems are fixed or go away. Merely waiting it out is NOT my plan, not at 15 months out.

I have taken low dose naltrexone, LDN at only .50 mg. This is a minuscule amount. It helped make my periods slightly more bearable with lighter flow. I am hoping that my periods end soon because I'm almost 56. So I am not going to get investigative surgery for endo, but if I were younger, I would seriously consider it.

I am getting a consultation for taking CBD oil, because I am a desperate woman. Maybe this will help the vibes.

When my pain is off the charts, so too is the vibrating. There are exercises to help with the "nether regions", pudendal neuralgia. Also, internal trigger point therapy. That is what I am trying. I spontaneously burst into tears on the exam table last week and the doctor was compassionate, saying I was not alone, it happens often. Our most primal emotions of survival are seated in the groin and are connected to the vagus nerve. I am hoping to hell I get relief; he says "we can fix this". I am a skeptic after everything I've been through.

As an aside, I am scheduled for a hip MRI with gadolinium dye, to check for a labrum tear, just in case I really did injure myself in a bike fall two years ago. I have to do this in order to rule things out.

With the pain and vibrating comes with high anxiety. To date, the best antidote has been emotional freedom technique, "tapping" and also PDTR, proprioceptive deep tendon reflex therapy which is a kind of neuromuscular therapy. It sometimes gives immediate relief because it "rewires" the nervous system messaging between pain receptors. I have acupuncture lined up too. Also on the back burner, progesterone therapy. And after that, who knows what. But I have to keep trying to find things that make me feel better if not healed.

I wish us all the courage, strength and resources to do the things that help. I hope the inner vibes take a hike!

Best, Bennie

I haven't eaten dairy in years and I still get the internal tremors. Sugar amps up the vibrating, as well as any exciting event good or bad. Vitamin C sometimes helps calm me. Magnesium did for a while then it turned on me.

Dapple,

I've been reading many of your posts with agonizing symptoms—and I can relate. Please, please get yourself checked out by a competent gynecologist, and maybe even urologist that knows of pain disorders. I'm no doctor, yet everything you describe about your periods screams endometriosis. The pain in nether regions can be withdrawal symptoms but also, pudendal neuralgia. It makes sitting, walking and many activities anywhere from mildly uncomfortable to utterly intolerable. There are options for treating these conditions, within western medicine and outside of it.

Pain management has become my focus until these problems are fixed or go away. Merely waiting it out is NOT my plan, not at 15 months out.

I have taken low dose naltrexone, LDN at only .50 mg. This is a minuscule amount. It helped make my periods slightly more bearable with lighter flow. I am hoping that my periods end soon because I'm almost 56. So I am not going to get investigative surgery for endo, but if I were younger, I would seriously consider it.

I am getting a consultation for taking CBD oil, because I am a desperate woman. Maybe this will help the vibes.

When my pain is off the charts, so too is the vibrating. There are exercises to help with the "nether regions", pudendal neuralgia. Also, internal trigger point therapy. That is what I am trying. I spontaneously burst into tears on the exam table last week and the doctor was compassionate, saying I was not alone, it happens often. Our most primal emotions of survival are seated in the groin and are connected to the vagus nerve. I am hoping to hell I get relief; he says "we can fix this". I am a skeptic after everything I've been through.

As an aside, I am scheduled for a hip MRI with gadolinium dye, to check for a labrum tear, just in case I really did injure myself in a bike fall two years ago. I have to do this in order to rule things out.

With the pain and vibrating comes with high anxiety. To date, the best antidote has been emotional freedom technique, "tapping" and also PDTR, proprioceptive deep tendon reflex therapy which is a kind of neuromuscular therapy. It sometimes gives immediate relief because it "rewires" the nervous system messaging between pain receptors. I have acupuncture lined up too. Also on the back burner, progesterone therapy. And after that, who knows what. But I have to keep trying to find things that make me feel better if not healed.

I wish us all the courage, strength and resources to do the things that help. I hope the inner vibes take a hike!

Best, Bennie

Yep I am asking for some tests next week as I am rather confused as to what's from Benzos and what may not be. The period issue has always been bad, but last month was quite something, and the previous months post Benzo were awful too. I hate feeling like a burden to others, which I know I am when I am in that state. I do think I have endo, always have suspected it. I will be looking at getting this investigated. I am not sure I could go through surgery yet as I am really unwell and I don't know if my body could take any more battering just yet, but I will consider everything as it gets battered every month at the moment.

I know what you mean by feeling the need to rule things out too. We have neurological issues in our family, so I do often wonder if I either covered something up, or triggered it with Benzos.

Hi Dapple,

I would definitely look into getting checked out for endo. I had horrible periods and was in tons of pain and it wound up being Hyperplasia. I opted to have my uterus removed and kind of went through a little menopause. Even though I was post menopausal it still made me go through it again. Oh the Joy.

Ladies, You know having hormone issues can cause internal vibrations as well so if you haven't had your hormones checked, I would suggest doing that also.

Luckily, I am past all that but it can really cause a lot of problems. I hope you both feel better soon.

Today the dang Tinnitus came back. This is just the gift that keeps on giving isn't it? Made the HUGE mistake of eating a hot dog last night and thought I was going to die. My entire insides shook so bad, I was certain it was the end for me.

I have also decided to go to a liquid taper next week. These weekly cuts are starting to become brutal.  :tickedoff:

Happy Healing all...Time to go read a success story for the day.  :)

• 7 months later...

bump

I have internal tremor as well. Earlier on I had them almost all day. Novadays my tremor comes always when I wake up like to have it while sleeping and waking to it. It goes a way when I get out of the bed and start doing something. During daytime it comes only maybe couple of times a week. I also wonder if this is wd driven or something else but it seems there is not much more to do with it than wait and see. Well I try daily exercise the next and maybe some changes to my vitamins/supplements as well. I have more or less accepted that I have tremor but also think acceptance is not a same thing as giving up but rather it means active care taking. Anyone else having tremor when waking up? Or anyone having less or not tremor at all since posting?