Author Topic: Unrelenting Fear  (Read 1727 times)

[Buddie]

Unrelenting Fear
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:23:27 pm »
I'm going to my 5th month off klonopin and can't seem to shake this 3 week wave and accompanying fears.  Fear of no windows, fear of not recovering, fear of return to prior illness, fear of ramped up symptoms and on and on...  I feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy tells him he has a fear of everything.  I "know"  it doesn't make since but, I just can't shake it.  Can't figure out how much is withdrawal and how much is legit concerns.  Has anyone else experienced such fear and is there anything that helps you deal with it better?  Meditating, deep breathing, and distraction help temporarily but, this fear is always just below the surface.  Thank-you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Unrelenting Fear
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:21:57 pm »
You're certainly not alone with the fear thing.  Fear has got to be one of the biggest barriers to recovery.  It messes up everything (sleep, socializing, parenting, work, ...).  And yet, the only way to overcome that habitual fear is to overcome it.  It's something that only you can do.  I expect that you've seen this article, but if not...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-therapy/201009/overcoming-fear-the-only-way-out-is-through
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:46:42 pm »
Thanks [...].  Interesting article and certainly applies to all of us going through benzo withdrawals-the only way out is through for sure.  I'm struggling with the fear and also radical acceptance of this process at this point, too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:56:15 pm »
The organic fear has been my biggest symptom throughout my recovery.  It has varied over time.  Try to trust that there is nothing you are doing to make it worse and that it is strictly a symptom of withdrawal, a product of damaged GABA receptors and overactive Glutamate.

It's awful I know and feels so real when it's raging.

Hang on it gets better.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 02:08:47 am »
Thank-you for your kind words of support [...]  :)

Hanging on and looking forward to the day this roller coaster stops!

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 03:15:10 am »
I have suddenly had a major bout with this fear after tapering for over a year. It came back due to a stressor after having things mostly better in the fear arena. It's hard, I'm not going to lie. Downright debilitating at times. We just gotta push through. It will pass and things will get better. :angel:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 04:49:31 pm »
"It came back due to a stressor after having things mostly better in the fear arena"--exactly! sudden, unavoidable stressors trigger me, too [...]  :sick:  The January panic  did calm down but, was retriggered this weekend.  Think I'm coping better so far this time around. The fear is so hard to deal with after being in a decent window but, you are sooo right-we have to push through, it WILL pass and things will get better.  Hope it calms soon for you too  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 02:08:26 pm »
Take something to balance the pH of your blood and give me feed back. it helped me a lot when I was feeling fear all the day.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 04:34:18 pm »
Thanks [...], I need to get back to the alkalizing mineral water I had been drinking.  What did you do to help your ph balance?

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 05:43:42 pm »
Thanks [...], I need to get back to the alkalizing mineral water I had been drinking.  What did you do to help your ph balance?

A PH balancer. I can give you the constitution of mine later. And the water i drink is pH 9. It helped me Also in the acute fase with confusion.