Loneliness and boredom?

[Al...]

It might just be me and my situation at the moment, but would still like to know if buddies are feeling lonely and bored but yet at the same time feeling like they don't want to be with anyone and would have things to do.

This feeling doesn't feel right, it's all so controversial.

Might be also that it's because I used to be super social, talkative and had answer for everything anyone would throw at me. Now I just feel blank and lethargic, being around anyone is bothersome, even answering to people feels like a burden, but I still feel lonely and desperate for company.

• 5 weeks later...
Me.  Very bored. Hate not doing anything but don't feel good enough to do anything.  Don't want to be alone but don't have the energy to socialize. Etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto with me. Very strange feeling. I used to be very social and during the process/journey stopped calling or reaching out to friends and family. It is slowly getting better:-).

Hang in we can do this!!

Ditto with me. Very strange feeling. I used to be very social and during the process/journey stopped calling or reaching out to friends and family. It is slowly getting better:-).

Hang in we can do this!!

Riversedge: I am glad to hear from you and others that the loneliness is a problem. I wish there were a chatroom for benzos.

I have been on Benzos for 12 years, not realizing they were a problem. And getting out of the house is often a chore. And I feel as if it shouldn't. I can't understand myself staying in bed till 11 a.m. and then only going to support groups or have to functions.

Blessings to all,

• 2 weeks later...
What you just said strikes me to the core. I'm still tapering and am really aware that I have good and bad days but I'm not myself on either. I feel as if I want to go and take on the world with my friends but on the inside there's this dread about even having to talk to the cashier at the super market? I've been the goofball and life of the party forever. Now if I can hold a relative conversation, feel some emotion (any kind), or even make it out to see what friends I still keep in contact with, its a big deal. I stay as busy as I can but its the same things over and over. I did sign up for college classes again to give myself something to focus on and am excited and nervous to begin. Id love to date but haven't quite figured that out in regards to coming off the meds still. Who knows maybe I was meant to be alone for a while and its a life lesson I need to experience. The fear of the unknown is very real thing. Today I choose to not let all of this overwhelm me and forget that I am a good guy...just figuring his way back into the world. Hope your all having good days!

I sociolise but always come home very upset-jealous of seeing others getting on with their lives with hope for the future-they talk about all their future plans etc and all I feel I have to contribute in any conversation is the way i feel.

Ive also become boring to have around I think...No one wants to talk to a sick person

I keep myself quite busy, still whenever I have a bit of time I don't know what to do.  I think it's because things just don't seem interesting to me any more.  I can't believe I lived for years without a job before.  I don't mind working, I just wish I can be interested in doing things again and have fun. 

I keep myself quite busy, still whenever I have a bit of time I don't know what to do.  I think it's because things just don't seem interesting to me any more.  I can't believe I lived for years without a job before.  I don't mind working, I just wish I can be interested in doing things again and have fun.

I struggle with down time too. Ive been working as much as I can to fill it up and am thankful I'm able to. I feel like a boring old man and yes, besides surfing and my dog, I don't have a life...getting through this is my life. I read success stories to keep myself in check that my personality will return.

Well, thanks Alesii for addressing this (and the other responding BBs).  I am 5 months jumped and feel bored, no direction (life purpose), struggle with socializing (weird because I'm an extrovert), etc.  It seems like I am very lonesome, not yet able to experience real joy, and feel I need to pursue and hound our friends for a simple get together which I do to keep my emotions above board.

I know (since my grown kids told me), when I was in tolerance which was quite awhile, and taper/withdrawal, I got "weird".  Sadly, a lot of us "wake up" partially, at some point, and realize all the bad crap that happened because of benzos.

Right now I am in such a stage of regret that I am hoping it will pass.  Any other serious "regretters"?  Hoping you feel better soon Alesii.

• 2 years later...
This post hits home.  I am 5 mo off now and so bored.  I have a part time job and family, but lately nothing brings me joy. The boredom just is oppressive.  Even food bores me and I'm usually a foodie.  I feel lonely too.  I realized for the past 5 yrs, I was too sick to pursue friendships and now it's just so lonely.  But I also don't have a lot of energy to do stuff.  Anyone know if all this is just another sx?  If it gets better?  I hate all these super intense emotions that are so overwhelming and oppressive!

• 4 weeks later...