3 years post benzo's

[on...]

My my how life has changed a lot, since this journey began! Right now I have the most confidence I have ever had in my life, I feel great! and I'm very happy I made it though withdrawal, even though it was a very tough, long process to get where I am. I have grown a lot since I stopped these poisons. I have over come the anxiety I felt through withdrawal, by just not overly thinking or worrying about anything, just try to have some fun and look on the positives. I have a lot of great friends who helped me when things were really tough, and I feel very greatful for that! I hope everyone here, can make it post benzo's and please if you find yourself falling a bit, don't get discourage, just keep trying, if you don't feel as good as I do at 3 yrs post benzo's don't get discourage, it takes time, good friends, and a lot of positive self talk to get yourself where you want to be, and that is to be happy and living life again after stopping benzo's.

Never give up! Keep trying till you make it! There is a light at the end of the long tunnel!

I forgot to add, I'm working on going back to the tech school, this upcoming fall and going in for general studies and from there going to the local university to get my Masters in Psychology (thats my current biggest interest)

One Person,

Thank you for coming back to share your success story with us.  The future looks very bright for you, good luck on your upcoming studies.

Tim

I am very happy to come back here :) I need to stop by more, to help support those who are going through withdrawal.

I'm gonna work hard on my studies so I can do very well there :)

That would be great if you could come back and help out from time to time.  We always like to hear a good success story and it really helps others to hear from someone that has made it through this process and has started to feel much better.

Tim

Little OP!

You sound wonderful and I'm so happy for that. It's great to hear from you, and thanks for posting this.

Don't be a stranger!  :mybuddy:

eljay

So glad you posted.  We need these success stories for our members.  Congratulations and have a wonderful, wonderful life.  :yippee:  :yippee:

Patty  xo

I'm very happy to have posted this as I hope it really does help those who are going threw a rough time, with their withdrawals, wondering if they will ever get better.

I'm very happy to have posted this as I hope it really does help those who are going threw a rough time, with their withdrawals, wondering if they will ever get better.

This is where I am at right now. 16 month post benzos.

Thanks for the uplifting post.

Tanya

That's awesome!  You'll be one of the handful of psychs who really understands what these drugs do to people.

Fight the good fight!