I have to use antibiotics

[Br...]

I have a dentist appt. I have to use antis. Will this effect me negatively?  Anyone know. Help!:(

Which one, do you know? It is not recommended by Dr. Ashton that benzo people use any antibiotic in the fluoroquinolones family. That would include Cipro or Levaquin.

Hi.  I had several sinus infections thru my taper and usually did well with augmentin, a broad based antibiotic.  Not sure if that would be prescribed for dental work or not, your dentist would know best.  I did not know about cipro or levaquin at the time and did take them as well,  luckily without a major problem.  I've read about many who did have issues with those two, so I imagine its not worth taking a chance.  Levaquin is very expensive, cipro is generic now.  I won't be taking them again.

If you have gastro symptoms in your withdrawal, its a good idea to take a pro biotic while on antibiotics.  One brand is called Culturelle (available over the counter).  It works great for me. There are some cheaper generic ones at Walgreens, CVS... I used to take acidophillus while on antibiotics but heard recently that the probiotics pills work much better to settle the stomach and runs if you are sensitive to them.  Good luck.

V (no more)

I'm 99 percent sure that they will no put you on a quinolone antibiotic.  Taht's usaully for bacterail infections that are already present and usually down below somewhere.  They will probably put you on penicillin or amoxicilan or something like that.  Just to make sure tell them no anti's in the quinolone family.  Use whatever reason you have to benzo withdrawal, allergic reaction, tendon damage from cipro, because it's notorious for that etc, etc. 

Just be aware that research has shown the beta lactam antibiotics which are the penicillin and cephalosporin families to have a negative effect on gaba and are neuroexcitatory. I have had symptom flares  with keflex.

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the info, to all:):). My dentist but me on amoxycillin. So hopefully this will be ok. I have to take 4 ea in the morning. I have a heart murmur. Trying to be safe.:) Oh, and I am going to tell them I'm allergic to the other antis from now on.

Brandy