Professor Heather Ashton is ill...

[Gr...]

On Facebook I read the following this afternoon...

"As many of you may know, Heather Ashton is ill and is unlikely to recover. Her son has read her some of her correspondence, and is passionate about the issue himself. We made a thank you Heather Ashton page on our page, if you would like to leave a comment, we can share the link with him, and he may read some to her. I wanted to make sure to tell her thank you while I still can. Please don't be morbid.

To COMMENT and express your thanks, just leave your comment in the comments section on the link below (NOT the Facebook page)."

This is the link to the page:  http://www.benzoinfo.com/heather-ashton

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gr...]

• [lo...]

• [be...]

• [Ch...]

Thanks for this information, I'm so sorry and sad to hear about professor Ashton's failing health.  She is a hero to so many of us.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I hope that she has a sense of how many lives she has touched and saved. What an extraordinary gift she has given!

Maybe she will with her son reading the posts ar the link. I hope so anyway. We are also very thankful for all the work she's done.

Grandma,

Thank you very much for posting this information. Only 32 people have left comments thus far.  As a group, surely we can do better than this.

--Ed

Can someone tell me if you can leave a message without having to login into the site? I would really like to give my appreciation of Heather Ashton but I'm wary of giving my details to an on-line site I'm not familiar with and I'm not very computer minded anyway so I'm doubly nervous about it.

Hi Pris,

Yes you can leave a message without logging into site, making a password, registering email etc.  I just did.  There is a "guest" option after you write your note.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Grandma D for posting this information. 

Thank you so much benzohno, I really wanted to leave a comment but I wasn't sure how to go about it without having to join this site.

Thanks Grandma D. I hope your post encourages many from BB to send their gratitude to Heather Ashton for the remarkable woman she is and for the things she has done for benzo victims all over the world.

Thanks, everyone.  I didn't want to register with the website either.  Will go back now and leave a comment.

I do think Heather Ashton knows how much she is appreciated.  Many people have written to her over the years, myself included. 

She is good age now, about 90 I think.  I don't know what is wrong with her.

Fiona  :smitten:

Hi Pris,

Yes you can leave a message without logging into site, making a password, registering email etc.  I just did.  There is a "guest" option after you write your note.  :thumbsup:

I wrote a note and didn't see a guest option anywhere. And I can't find a way to post it without signing in. Benzo brain strikes again!  Can you help me please?

Ah, I just looked again Grandma D.  I think it does "take" our email, but you don't have to use your real name and It won't post your email address.

Ah, I just looked again Grandma D.  I think it does "take" our email, but you don't have to use your real name and It won't post your email address.

Thank you SO much!  :smitten:

Awww, so sweet.  :smitten:  You made me go "awww" and giggle. 

I'm so glad so many have posted notes to dear Dr. Heather Ashton in the last few hours.  It's too bad your thread got moved to Off-Topic.  It can no longer be viewed here publicly by those not registered on BB. 

Well, that was my fault, benzohno.  I moved it hoping to protect the thread from being published disrespectfully elsewhere.

I tried to post on the first link...it asked me to confirm with a msg to my email.  I tried twice and it never sent a confirmation.

Hi Pris,

I can't find this...

Ok type your message where it says "Join the Discussion"

Type your name in the name box as you want it to appear on website

After you type your name a box appears for email address and another for password

Below that is a little box to tick if you want to be a guest poster. tick that and click on the arrow at the side of the page and it will accept your comment.  Leave the password box blank.

Hope that is more helpful.

Fiona  :thumbsup: