Study, Dec./16: Benzodiazepine Dependence among Young Adults in Club Scene

[La...]

The full title of this American study is "Benzodiazepine Dependence among Young Adult Participants in the Club Scene Who Use Drugs".

This one really saddens me. The thought of young people taking benzodiazepines regularly in a reckless and haphazard way -- including mixing them with other drugs -- almost certainly takes them down a dangerous road. Benzodiazepine dangers need to be publicized for all to know.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28001962

Over the years I have seen people on this forum who got their first benzo's in the party-club scene and then started seeking and scoring it on the street.  It's probably the worst form of benzo addiction.  They are truly on their own and locked into hell, afraid to come out of the closet and getting professional help.  Bad news, a potential life-wrecker.

Agreed. There should be major public education going on. I'm sure most people have no idea how dangerous these medications can be. Most young people think they're invincible and that nothing bad will come of trying various drugs. Very sad.