Study, Nov./16: Neonatal Morbidity After Maternal Use of SSRIs

[La...]

The full title of this Swedish study is "Neonatal Morbidity After Maternal Use of Antidepressant Drugs During Pregnancy".

"Respiratory and central nervous system disorders and hypoglycemia were more common after maternal use of an SSRI. Infants exposed to SSRIs in late pregnancy compared with early pregnancy had a higher risk of persistent pulmonary hypertension."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27940758

The more I read about the SSRIs, the more concerned I become. I was never warned about all of the possible side effects. I can only hope that the pregnant women who decide to take SSRIs understand that there are risks to their unborn children.

it seems that SSRI's are the number 2 evil just after benzos.

I know some people benefit from them, but I know personally some who on them....and they are complete zombies/walking shadows...and oftentimes guess what...they get a benzo in addition to them cause side effects

Agreed. As I read the various SSRI studies that come out on PubMed, I keep wondering how these meds have become as popular as they are. From where I sit, they're potentially quite dangerous, and with time, we learn about more and more dangers associated with them.