Dizziness or perceptual distorsion - will it leave ? Need help

[fr...]

Hi,

I am stuck with a symptom that I will try to explain the best I can.

When I walk, it's like I am pushed on the sides.

When I look on the floor, it is like my head is heavy or it seems to go further than it normally goes.

When I look up, it's like my head is super heavy.

When I type at the computer, it's like my head is moving when it's not.

Same thing when my eyes move.

When I turn around in my bed, it's like my movements are a lot wider than they really are.

Also blurry vision.

Also, it has been two months and a half and I do not get any windows of this. It's always the same pattern. Is it normal ?

Please answer, I feel doomed. (Please, people who do not feel better, do not answer as it is too hard to read for me...)

Hi,

I had very similar symptoms to yours, and they are actually common symptoms, so you are not alone.  You WILL feel better eventually, though, as these symptoms diminish.  "Grounding" helped me through this, as did a kind of walking meditation - which was simply that I concentrated on feeling my full weight on each foot as I walked.  These feelings are temporary, and I hope you feel better soon.

:smitten:

• 1 year later...
[3f...]

not to alarm anyone, but ive had "boatiness" dizziness, vertigo, all of this for the better part of 2 years now. my tolerance withdrawal started with these strange bouts of dizziness and like massive panic attacks sorta, one day i felt all loopy, weird, dizzy, and i never came out of it. i sincerely exist as if im on a permanent hit of acid or something.

it is noticeably better at 9 months post now, but its still a part of my existence, it was very worrisome for a long time, til other, more diabolical symptoms stepped in.

one just hast to outlast it. it IS subsiding. i was abusing alcohol when my whole ordeal started, which contributed to all this, so im probably a bit more severe a case for dizziness than most. i was whacked out before i even started tapering.

I'm 14 1/2 months and just went into a window last week where this ended after 3 1/2 months. Hold tight. I thought I was stuck in hell forever. Even if it's just a window it shows me I can recover.

Hi everyone,

I come back from time to time to this section of the forum. Since I am the one who started this post, I thought I would let you know how i am doing now with this "boaty feeling" symptom.

I am 17 months off benzos and my boaty feeling has IMPROVED A LOT. I can still feel it but it is a lot less intense than in the  beginning. No windows but a gradual improvement. So SLOW though... I am waiting for it to go completely.

I'm suffering with this too..

Getting use to it and hope I never have to walk "a line" to prove I'm not drunk.

Comes in waves and happening now as I sit here posting this.

Hope we all heal soon!

I have very similar things - first had it in 1996 when got ME/CFS but it is very bad following withdrawal.

I feel my head is being forced backwards or upwards and occasionally the very heavy thing happens and all my muscles feel like they are being dragged down.

It is like my head is bobbing around on top of my neck and not connected properly.

Just awful.

I am sorry you all have it and glad to hear that some people have seen improvements.

I just found this thread : http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=128947.0 which I am gradually reading through. It is very helpful.