Important Survey - Please Participate ×

THERE S MORE THAN SUFFERING ALONE....

[Sh...]

Something i posted yesterday : even though i'm not nearly done yet... going slower than snail pace ...

Yesterday was really an overwhelming day for me. When i came home from zumba class ; i felt something that i haven't felt for a long time. I know i had lots of bad sense feelings towards my right chest.. feelings of sadness, like a brick on me .. that held me down. But yesterday i felt a great feeling on my left, i felt a great feeling of happiness in my heart. It almost got me to tears. The only thing i could think of was o my gosh : i feel again... i feel happy !!! I told my hub you wouldn't believe this but i feel like you're gonna get a better version of me than i was before. He looked at me with very funny eyes like what ya saying.

A friend of me who had a burnout 2 and lots of people who had the same issues told that they felt much better afterwards, and sometimes happy to have had it cauz they see things in life in a much more better way and they enjoy the little things more. And now i know exactly what they mean.

I feel like i'm getting my happy back and that i'm going towards the mum i Always was before : nuts, laughing, having fun, dancing through life, loving kids. I feel like getting a better me in return. I can't describe the feeling but it's an awesome one.

So to those who are reading, take it slow, search towards your feel good rate and keep that up. You never know what feelings are unless you've missed them for a long time ! So don't give up ! You're gonna do this !

Lots of love from a very happy Shake x

Thanks Shake for starting this Thread, I think everyone needs to know that there is Hope and better times that will come, it just takes time, and grasping onto something other than the benzo terror that is prevalent, getting back to a Life is something we all want and deserve. So Shake enjoy yourself, I know your taper has not been a walk in the Park, but if you can get to a better place there is Hope for everyone. Hang in there better times are a coming. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Shake, Love this thread and its all so true.  Someday we all hope to get to a better place mentally and physically and you have shown it can be done.  Good for you and so happy for you.  :thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks girlz ! I know it s hard to turn the button inside but I ve been there and it s possible. Start moving even if it s walking or yoga or biking swimming dancing or wiggling. Get occupied by things you love and better times Will appear like a magic mirror if keeping the right (not the fast pace) Maybe I can Go faster but I choose not 2. I have a family 2 kids 2 birds and a dog. My starting rescuer has been my dog I adopted from the shelter. I saved her and she saved me. I got lots of love from my friends here for which I love them very much ❤️

Keep away from the horror stories .... They only bringmore Fear and anxiety and hang in to the positive ones. Happiness Will come your way Sooner than you think !

Hang in there .. If Some of us can do This... So can you ! Stay positive and Find your every Day s sunshine 🎈 Try to take one challenge a Day xxx

Thanks for writing about your experience, Shake.  It gives buddies who are suffering some hope, and I think a lot of folks feel similarly as they get to lower doses but never report about it.  I had a turnaround like you describe around .125mg of K, and it has only gotten better since.  It's still hard for me to describe, but it's an unwavering feeling of joy, peace, gratitude - a whole new perspective that keeps revealing more as the days pass.

:smitten:

WR

:highfive::clap::highfive: It is so good to have a place to read about something good, it makes me burst at the seams, my Heart is so full of Pride and Gratitude for the Friends I have made here, and the Journey we are taking together. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

[59...]
Hi Shake; Thanks for sharing that beautiful moment of clarity/clearing. I think as we make room physically by clearing physical energy, the good stuff has room to flow in. My whole recovery changed/turned fast when I started walking/hiking more; and doing it daily. With my big yellow Labrador,...I have to get out of bed and get him out, and he needs at least one big walk per day...it was at this point my recovery started to shift (about 3 months....).  My dog was/is a huge piece of my recovery...It's so great to hear that you are moving the old out and the new is flowing in!! Self awareness is one true gift in this process. Love on ya, Karuna

Thanks for writing about your experience, Shake.  It gives buddies who are suffering some hope, and I think a lot of folks feel similarly as they get to lower doses but never report about it.  I had a turnaround like you describe around .125mg of K, and it has only gotten better since.  It's still hard for me to describe, but it's an unwavering feeling of joy, peace, gratitude - a whole new perspective that keeps revealing more as the days pass.

:smitten:

WR

Thanks NYC for answering this topic ! I'm so glad that you did ! What you describe is exactly how i felt. I do have days that i don't feel so great but it's all in the mindset. When you know what's happening you can fight against it.. be a warrior !!! There's a whole lot of fight in us that we don't know. And as i feel there's enough negativity in this world and in the whole progress.. we need to bring some hapiness in !

Hi Shake; Thanks for sharing that beautiful moment of clarity/clearing. I think as we make room physically by clearing physical energy, the good stuff has room to flow in. My whole recovery changed/turned fast when I started walking/hiking more; and doing it daily. With my big yellow Labrador,...I have to get out of bed and get him out, and he needs at least one big walk per day...it was at this point my recovery started to shift (about 3 months....).  My dog was/is a huge piece of my recovery...It's so great to hear that you are moving the old out and the new is flowing in!! Self awareness is one true gift in this process. Love on ya, Karuna

Big thank you Karuna for joining the conversation ! I hear you ! I feel just the same ! My dog was my saviour and my reason also to get out of bed. When i don't feel like smiling and she's standing there before me, jumping up and down, shaking that tail.. i forget everything that doesn't feel good. Things can only get better ! Let's keep this good feeling alive ! Together we can do this !

I also have a few friends here who know about the situation and helped me 2 push my bounderies. In September they brought me to see zumba. The next week i was dancing two dances in class. The week after i was doing 10 and now i'm just sitting down for 2 songs to catch a breath.  And i feel so happy afterwards. All this evoluated during 2 months. Friends are so necessary to support this.. buddiez over here and friends at home. Cauz those who didn't went through it will never understand. I even teached my own toddler class again 3 weeks ago for the first time in a year and a half. 2 of my friends were there to support me and that ment the world to me !

Keep those happy messages coming ! It's our way to survive xxx

Thanks Shake

Great post :thumbsup:

I am with you on the dog walking.

Always always feel good after a walk.

Even in bad times I would pray or try to see 5 things or hear 5 sounds to distract.

Painting/art is also great.

During a 2 hour painting, mentally I go to another place.

I am calm and time flies.

I have no thought of self whatsoever during the painting process.

Wonderful Jp !!! If painting is your away place, you should definitely continue to do so !!!

Distracting is the best thing to do ! Time flies and before you know the bad thoughts are gone !

Thanks for adding to this topic !

It's so great to hear that other people are feeling good things also !

Keep enjoying your dog and your painting !

x Sh x

Something i posted yesterday : even though i'm not nearly done yet... going slower than snail pace ...

Yesterday was really an overwhelming day for me. When i came home from zumba class ; i felt something that i haven't felt for a long time. I know i had lots of bad sense feelings towards my right chest.. feelings of sadness, like a brick on me .. that held me down. But yesterday i felt a great feeling on my left, i felt a great feeling of happiness in my heart. It almost got me to tears. The only thing i could think of was o my gosh : i feel again... i feel happy !!! I told my hub you wouldn't believe this but i feel like you're gonna get a better version of me than i was before. He looked at me with very funny eyes like what ya saying.

A friend of me who had a burnout 2 and lots of people who had the same issues told that they felt much better afterwards, and sometimes happy to have had it cauz they see things in life in a much more better way and they enjoy the little things more. And now i know exactly what they mean.

I feel like i'm getting my happy back and that i'm going towards the mum i Always was before : nuts, laughing, having fun, dancing through life, loving kids. I feel like getting a better me in return. I can't describe the feeling but it's an awesome one.

So to those who are reading, take it slow, search towards your feel good rate and keep that up. You never know what feelings are unless you've missed them for a long time ! So don't give up ! You're gonna do this !

Shake,  thanks for posting your story! It made me feel really good and hopeful. I'm on the long hold support group. Begood posted a link to your story over there. So glad she did!

I hope you will continue to post your good stories. They help so much.

Heathcliff :)

Shake, you are evolving into Shake 2.0!  Wonderful news and encouraging to all. The more I move, walk, interact with people, the better I feel. I'm not quite where you are at, but I'm getting there. Now, whenever I have a bad day or wave, I allow it to be what it is, I accept the symptoms, give them as little energy as possible...then I more forward. What an inspiring post, thank you for sharing!

Left  :smitten:

Dearest Shake and All Buddies of this Thread  :smitten:

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, glimpses of Happiness and Joy through your tapers... Yes there is MUCH more to our Lives than symptoms and suffering, benzo-numbness... all the times we might have thought "this" was going to be the rest of our lives... but NO!! There is LIFE beyond those horrid drugs and even during our tapers!! We need to make space for Life as much as we can, we just never know when Joy may come flowing in again!!!  :smitten:

Shake, your words are simply sublime  :smitten: Thank you for sharing and starting this wonderful thread!!!  :smitten:

Throughout my K taper, I've had many signs of memory being repaired and other processes taking place in my head... everything benzos had hindered... at the moment I am getting memories of taste lol, thankfully they are good ones and it keeps me confident that I am Healing  :thumbsup:

Keep filling yourselves with all the Goodness of LIFE!!

Hugs,

Julz x

I am so pleased you are starting to get your real self back, Shake and I am sure you will be a different person than the person you were before.  I certainly feel much better emotionally than I have for many, many years.  It is so lovely to reconnect with one's emotional self again.  You have a great future ahead of you.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Shake,  thanks for posting your story! It made me feel really good and hopeful. I'm on the long hold support group. Begood posted a link to your story over there. So glad she did!

I hope you will continue to post your good stories. They help so much.

Heathcliff :)

Thanks Heathcliff for posting here ! I sometimes read the long hold support group 2... i'm more part of the i cut tiny amounts per week over years support group hihi. But i had more troubles even by .05 than by .01 / week. I feel i got a grip on what i'm doing and i do feel blips like BG Always says but i can handle them by resting, distracting or working out. Keep it up !

It's nice to read positive things sometimes, cauz we need to hang on to those to fight through !

x Sh x

Shake, you are evolving into Shake 2.0!  Wonderful news and encouraging to all. The more I move, walk, interact with people, the better I feel. I'm not quite where you are at, but I'm getting there. Now, whenever I have a bad day or wave, I allow it to be what it is, I accept the symptoms, give them as little energy as possible...then I more forward. What an inspiring post, thank you for sharing!

Left  :smitten:

Super Left ! It's great that you're moving forward !!!! And indeed acceptance is very important ! As today i was so tired, i had to drag myself out of bed but i did for my dog who was waiting for me downstairs. I went for a walk although still tired and went shopping with my dad and guess what the low energy is gone and i feel much better ! Distraction, acceptance, exercise (low or high) and listening to your body are the key words ! You go Left ! You got this ! x Sh x

Dearest Shake and All Buddies of this Thread  :smitten:

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, glimpses of Happiness and Joy through your tapers... Yes there is MUCH more to our Lives than symptoms and suffering, benzo-numbness... all the times we might have thought "this" was going to be the rest of our lives... but NO!! There is LIFE beyond those horrid drugs and even during our tapers!! We need to make space for Life as much as we can, we just never know when Joy may come flowing in again!!!  :smitten:

Shake, your words are simply sublime  :smitten: Thank you for sharing and starting this wonderful thread!!!  :smitten:

Throughout my K taper, I've had many signs of memory being repaired and other processes taking place in my head... everything benzos had hindered... at the moment I am getting memories of taste lol, thankfully they are good ones and it keeps me confident that I am Healing  :thumbsup:

Keep filling yourselves with all the Goodness of LIFE!!

Hugs,

Julz x

Julz, you know i have to leave a big thank you to you aswell and you know why ! It's because of what you did i got my selfconfidence back, my ability to dance. You were the mirror i needed to start again ! If you could do this so could i and for this i'm very grateful ! We will zumtap the beaver of the globe ! x Sh x

I am so pleased you are starting to get your real self back, Shake and I am sure you will be a different person than the person you were before.  I certainly feel much better emotionally than I have for many, many years.  It is so lovely to reconnect with one's emotional self again.  You have a great future ahead of you.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Thanks Fiona ! I'm sure we're evolving every day, every second and every minute !!! We'll all be better versions of the originals ! I'm certainly glad you have made lots of progress on the emotional part ! It's so nice to read so many positive messages.  Sometimes we need to bring the spring in the wintertopics !

Take care x

All be sure to leave some lovely happy things that you feel .. or things that you never ever thought of doing here ! It gives others hope in time of despair and even me on a day of rain !

Love you all x