Why are there so few temazapam users on benzo buddies?

[Ma...]

There are so few single users of temazapam compared to ativan,klonopin and xanax. Usually.if there is a temazapam user, they combined it with other drugs. This is a widely prescribed sleeping pill.  It makes me wonder where those taperers are. There were only a few on bb.Is it easy for most to stop due to low potency and I am just one of the lucky ones? I could never have ct.  It's the only benzo I have ever used.  Does anyone have an explanation?

I don't believe temazepam is much prescribed any more. I know that my doctor was reluctant to prescribe it--she only did so because I had been on a much longer-acting benzo, flurazepam. (Try finding someone that takes that!) I developed dependency quite quickly to it, in contrast to years of flurazepam, and some Xanax and Valium usage, without any issue.

The short acting Z-drugs are considered much "safer", as they wash out of your system quite quickly and there is no residual the next day. It was felt that dependency would not develop with a drug that washed out so quickly.

Now that Z-drugs have gotten a rather bad name, there is a push toward non-GABA sleep aids such as mirtazapine, and back to the old-school trazadone and amitryptiline.

I think that temazepam is usually easier to taper/discontinue than the high potency benzodiazepines you mention. My guess is that temazepam is also prescribed less frequently (not daily) and at lower doses.

Ha, I had the exact same problem!  I was given many sleep aids for insomnia, none worked and finally my doctor tried Temazepam.  It worked wonders until I become tolerant.  I was able to taper from 30 mg's to 7.5 and then because of severe withdrawal, switched to Valium.  It hasn't been much better, withdrawal symptoms aren't as severe, but nay benzo taper seems hellish!

I looked and looked for temazepam people for help with a direct taper, found only one, tried on my own and did it too fast.

As others said, it is older and with the newer prescriptions, it is prescribed less.

• 10 months later...