Do you experience the normal full feeling after you eat?

[Bh...]

Whenever I eat food, I never feel completely full. I could keep eating and eating. Obviously I don't. I portion things out so I don't turn into a massively obese person. When I'm in a good window, I feel normal hunger and full feelings. Unfortunately, those are rare.

Does anyone else experience this? I really wish I got nauseas all the time and couldn't eat. Feeling hungry 24/7 is ridiculous.

yep - I'm in a wave and feel hungry all day.  I get tired of looking for healthy things to eat.  I feel full but soon get hungry again.  Good you can control it.  WBB

I'm so glad to hear this is normal. I thought I was seriously losing my mind.

Sometimes I just chug a couple glasses of water with lemon. It works for a good hour or two.  :laugh:

WBB, naturally we meet here  ;)

Bhealthy:  I had this, and it went away.  It is great that you are using portion control.  When I was hit with this, I was still eating mostly good food, but way too much of it, which has the same outcome.  Calories are calories.  I'm not completely out of the woods but it's not due to a lack of satiation.  Now when I eat too much, it's totally an emotional response, like tonight, after reading the news and talking about my in-laws!  If it's any consolation, I have tracked my weight with the app True Weight, and my weight has fluctuated by 3 pounds in 3 years.  The damage I've done with the overeating didn't make me obese, even though it feels that way.  Keep up the good work!

I never feel full either. After I eat dinner,I still feel hungry. It's like I eat so much my stomach gets bloated like I'm pregnant. I notice when I eat alot of raw coconut oil it helps to kill my appetite...

Thanks 4mydaughter and sunday!

I was hoping to not be alone with this symptom. When I'm in a window, I get the normal full feeling, which is awesome. So I know my body still has the ability to control it. I just need to keep portioning! lol  :thumbsup:

Eating a lot of coconut oil, raw or otherwise would definitely kill the appetite, because it's 150 calories a tablespoon!  It's also revolting, in my opinion, unless melted and drunk like tea, or hidden in something else  :angel:

• 2 months later...
I find that I have more symptoms if I eat until full. Better for me to just eat small portions and wait it out. After 15 or so minutes the urge to eat more goes away.

Wow, I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum here. I feel very full if I eat a normal meal. My stomach looks flat in the morning, but by the evening it looks really bloated. There's a lot going on in my gut. It never seemed to bother me much before. Now it seems as if there are very few times that it's not hurting.

• 2 months later...

Wow, I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum here. I feel very full if I eat a normal meal. My stomach looks flat in the morning, but by the evening it looks really bloated. There's a lot going on in my gut. It never seemed to bother me much before. Now it seems as if there are very few times that it's not hurting.

Hi, sounds like fatty liver sx or "gall bladder" problems. I have that, we all have gall stones as it turns out. (Last year I took a trip to the ER with severe abdominal pain; diagnosed with gall stones and as I left I was told, "Everyone has them". After research I find it's true). Try doing a liver cleanse. Actually, scratch that; try looking it up under Andreas Moritz, as one leads to several. We all have clogged systems, and "feeling full" is actually a sign of overeating. Constant hunger is a sign of need for more water, right on to the poster who's drinking more of that! Check my sig if you think I'm kooky. Resuming cleanses this year. My taper has gone fantastically. Dietary changes, fresh veg juice, getting there.

• 4 weeks later...
My blood sugar was in the pre-diabetic range so I was kind of forced to go low carb to get it down.  When I cut carbs I stopped getting hungry so much. It's amazing the difference.  I only eat about 15 grams of carbs per meal and I eat the carbs like dessert--eat protein and veggies or salad before eating the carbs to keep blood sugar steady.  My blood sugar was all over the place before this. It could be 140 and I'd go for a little walk and it would plummet to 60.  I definitely think the w/d has made the blood sugar worse. You might buy a glucose meter and check your blood sugar about an hour and a half to two hours after a meal.  Also drinking matcha tea has helped to bring my blood sugar down.  But getting the blood sugar under control has really reduced my hunger. I rarely even want a snack between meals now and sometimes don't even eat lunch until 3 in the afternoon. Eating mostly protein for breakfast helps, too, but don't cut carbs too much or it might affect your sleep. Also if you do cut carbs do it gradually. I did it fast and I had a few days of withdrawal symptoms being awful until my body adjusted.  I would say total carbs I eat is about 50-60 grams per day.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Whenever I eat food, I never feel completely full. I could keep eating and eating. Obviously I don't. I portion things out so I don't turn into a massively obese person. When I'm in a good window, I feel normal hunger and full feelings. Unfortunately, those are rare.

Does anyone else experience this? I really wish I got nauseas all the time and couldn't eat. Feeling hungry 24/7 is ridiculous.

Exactly what is happening to me too!! Although I don't seem to be putting weight on, so was wondering whether my body actually needs the extra calories  ???

It is so difficult to know what is a "real sensation" and what is a "symptom"...

I hope you are now much better, BHealthy!!

Julz

• 3 weeks later...

I've been getting The Combo - I've a very limited appetite, but when I do eat the food tastes good. Which means I tend to keep eating because the signals from the GI area are just constantly muddled, and I never feel 'full' I go straight to "overfull & painful".

The solution is the same though - smaller portions, timed throughout the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I experience this regularly.  Our GI tracks are laden with GABA receptors, which have been dulled/downregulated by the use of benzos.  So now we don't feel as satisfied when we eat as we should be, as though there's some kind of disconnect.  It's normal when healing from benzos though.  Once our GI track GABA receptors upregulate, we should return to feeling satisfied/full when finishing a meal.  I look forward to that.

• 1 month later...

I never feel full for last couple of months.

I can't feel the inside of my body at all.

I have gained a stone in weight which is upsetting because prior to all this I had lost half my body weight and was eating a very healthy low carb diet.

Now it is just constant ravenous hunger and craving for carbs and sugar.

I never feel full for last couple of months.

I can't feel the inside of my body at all.

I have gained a stone in weight which is upsetting because prior to all this I had lost half my body weight and was eating a very healthy low carb diet.

Now it is just constant ravenous hunger and craving for carbs and sugar.

That's exactly what I mean, it's like I can't feel inside the body, there is some kind of disconnect.  Also, the messages that stomach sends to brain that it's full are slow/delayed/not sharp.  I don't know how else to put it.  I haven't gained much weight during withdrawal because I try to eat healthy and exercise when I can.  If it wasn't for that, I probably would have.  And yes, the cravings for sugar and carbs are there!!!  But you know, we're only human and I do give-in to those cravings every now and then.

I'm getting back to controlling it.

Mine was complicated further because for a while my brain was confused over what was good / not food. It thought things likej plates were edible and vegetables were non-food. It was very disturbing. I'm still having moments where it is telling me to eat my toothbrush - it feels like my jaw just wants to chew all the time.

I'm also finding the textures of good very disturbing and crappy carbs seem simpler for my brain to understand so how.

• 4 months later...

Still no sensation of fullness at all - just nothing and the constant obsessional need to eat is getting worse.

It is like an extreme panic that can only be calmed with sugar. I am finding it harder and harder to control.

I am finding it very distressing because I ate Paleo prior to this.

It is as if my body thinks it is in constant starvation mode and needs sugar.

It gets worse as each dose wears off and then calms a bit before I have to take the next one.

It goes along with an increase in all my other symptoms.