Searching for Perseverance

[fo...]

Hi All,

I have introduced myself here before as the director/producer of As Prescribed, a documentary (in production) about the benzodiazepine scourge. I find BB member Perseverance's theories about benzos to be compelling, and would like to contact her. Does anybody know her? I believe that she is based in Maine. I don't think she visits BB much anymore, but I would not be surprised if some current members know how to reach her. If so, I'd be enormously grateful. And if you have additional questions of me before sharing contact information, please PM me here, or email me at hollyhardman88@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Holly

I have no idea how to contact her, but just wanted to say that I agree with you about Perseverance's work.  Her research was top quality.  I'd say the 'glutamate theory' is the best one we have right now.

Hi Forager,

I haven't seen her active here in some time; if she is still set to allow PMs, you could contact her that way and it will go to her email if that's still valid.

Good luck.

Hi forager88,

I've emailed Perseverance at the email address we have on record and linked to this thread. Though, I cannot guarantee that the address is still valid.

Colin.

Thank you so much, Colin. And to you too, Xerxes, for the heads up. And to SG, yes, I think most of us would agree that her theories and research are top-notch!

Hope she receives and replies.

forager88,

I think I can speak for all of us in saying that your effort to shine a spotlight on this problem is much appreciated. I am willing to help out as I am able and will be in touch.

Thanks to all for your kind remarks.

Hi perseverance  :hug: I'm glad to see your alive an kicking and I think of you often and wonder how you're doing, I hope your well and happy :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 9 months later...

Hello, Perseverance. I recently came across a thread of yours to do with taking Ibuprofen and it's ability to cause anxiety/rev up your symptoms during withdrawal. You even mentioned that your dentist at the time mentioning that he knew about Benzo withdrawal and how Ibuprofen can affect it?

I think I'm currently struggling with it now. I was taking 200mg of Ibuprofen every 4 hours for about 5 days and I'm now currently having incredible anxiety and panic that I can't seem to control, which is really odd.

It's been about 2 days since my last Ibuprofen, but I'm still struggling to sleep, having difficulty breathing, trouble with panic and body shakes. I haven't really had any of these symptoms during my withdrawal from Klonopin. I'm about 4 months clean and was actually doing well before all of this happened.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm losing my mind here a little bit.

I apologize if posting here about this is in poor taste, but I don't really know where else to turn.

• 1 month later...

It seems that Perseverance's departure has left quite a hole in BB.

I also have something I'd like to run past her.  So glad she finally healed up, but I really do wish she was still around to consult with.

BTW, does anyone know if she ever wrote a success story?  I looked for it but didn't find anything.

I also have something I'd like to run past her.  So glad she finally healed up, but I really do wish she was still around to consult with.

BTW, does anyone know if she ever wrote a success story?  I looked for it but didn't find anything.

I have not seen it. But maybe it's many pages back. You can ticket the team and ask if they can find it.

She hasn't written a Success Story as of yet but it very busy in her benzo free life.

What exactly did you want to ask her Nathan?

She hasn't written a Success Story as of yet but it very busy in her benzo free life.

What exactly did you want to ask her Nathan?

I wanted to get her take on some research I've seen on a drug that might be capable of resetting the HPA axis.  Also if she has any further insights on anything she might have come up with that might be useful in that area.  I do believe that HPA axis dysregulation may well be the underlying cause for those of us that end up with long protracted issues.

• 2 years later...

Perseverance hasn’t logged in since October of 2019.  You might try a PM and see if she answers. Many times people just don’t log on much once they’re well.

Good luck and take care.

:smitten: