Can reinstatement restabilization really take this long? it's been 3 weeks

[lo...]

I was suffering at .375 clonazepam holding for almost two months and getting WORSE, so I slowly updosed over 2 weeks back up to .75mg / day, and it's been 3 weeks since that and I'm only slowly stabilizing. My sleep is returning to normal, I can handle alcohol, I'm getting less interdose withdrawl...

Can it really take weeks / months ?? I hear people all the time saying they restabilized within days.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [no...]

• [Pl...]

• [Be...]

I'm thinking adrenal fatigue has something to do with it too.. I have pretty much all of it's symptoms, so perhaps my hormones are just fixing themselves slowly... Any ideas?

You need to quit lying to yourself and decide how badly you want off this drug.  It will never get better by up-dosing, and you have proven that.  You have reached tolerance and maybe even started a kindling.

What is up with the alcohol?

Either commit to going through the process or commit to staying on this poison.  If you want off, we can help verbally, but ultimately only you can endure the process to get healed.

I am being brutally honest, not mean spirited....just what do you want from us at BB?  Permission to continue as you are?  Not going to happen.

Best wishes...

I think you have it all wrong. I'm not looking for your permission, nor your rude "honest" opinions... how do you know I'm in tolerance? Why do you think I'm lying to myself and all these other things because I had a tiny bit of alcohol with my friends?

I do want off this poison, but I need to be stable before I return to tapering. It was simply too fast and I learned that the hard way, I am not strong enough to drop my entire life and live through psychosis for months on end.

To answer your question, I want from the vast experience here on BB, people's input on my problem about the time it takes to stabilize. So basically if you had read my actual question on my original post, you'd know what I was looking for. I understand where the vibe of your comments may have come from, but I truly think you may have mis-interpreted my post.

-edit- reading your signature I really have no idea how you managed that, being on more than double my dosage for 8 added years. That's quite the feat that you managed, so surely you can understand where I'm coming from.

I think stabilising usually takes a few days or a couple of weeks tops. It only ever took me 3 days but I realise people are different. You might be an unlucky one who hasnt been able to stabilise after an updose or your updose wasnt big enough. I remember once I cut and felt horrific and then updosed a little bit with no affect so I had to go a bit higher than where I cut from.

Hi,

Sometimes it can take a few weeks.  It is a good sign you are noticing some improvement. You might want to continue holding until you are feeling better.

Good luck,

Anne

Thank you so much. I do believe the best sign is that I have been improving, for sure, although extremely slowly. Thanks for the replies.

[58...]

I was suffering at .375 clonazepam holding for almost two months and getting WORSE, so I slowly updosed over 2 weeks back up to .75mg / day, and it's been 3 weeks since that and I'm only slowly stabilizing. My sleep is returning to normal, I can handle alcohol, I'm getting less interdose withdrawl...

Can it really take weeks / months ?? I hear people all the time saying they restabilized within days.

I've been trying to stabilize since the beginning of this year. I've been all over the place with my Klonopin doses. Highest was 3mgs daily, trying to become stable at 2mgs. It's not really happening and I've been taking a mild setitve (NON BENZO) to help cope, barley. I've been in the ER twice in the last month. Thought I was having a heart attack (test came back negative) and just recently for a high heart rate. I had to wear a heart monitor for 48 hours and I'm returning to the hospital this coming Monday.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I've come to realize that I may never be able to stabilize and starting today, I'm going down to 1.75mgs of Klonopin. I'm going to just keep decreasing from there. Am I scared? HELL YEAH! I'm afraid of losing my job, but I'll deal with that (when it happens) if it should come at all. Sometimes slow and steady can backfire if you keep updosing...... it has for me, but it's now or never! I know you're scared. I'm scarred too. As all of us are.

This is just my opinion, I'm really not trying to be rude. Also, please don't drink any alcoholic beverages during the taper and or even months after. Alcohol will always be there and you have the rest of your life to consume it once you're (we're) all healed. Believe me, I drank so many beers while taken Klonopin (3mgs daily) for over two years. I thought "maybe just a few here and there won't hurt"....... I was wrong and haven't touched the stuff  in 5 months. It really does make it worse.

All the best  :thumbsup:

Good luck to you friend, hopefully you can find stability.  I find that if you do dose all over the place, and don't have a set time every single day you are your dose, your brain will never stabilize as it doesn't know what to expect.

I wish you well on your journey!

You did not have a signature history line up when I posted and you made it seem like alcohol use was your biggest concern, not an occasional drink with friends...anyway, I have nothing but good wishes for you and am not sorry I was "honest"...except for 1 poster everyone said the same thing I did, just in a nicer way!!!

Yes, I had it rough and I am OLD but I didn't whine and give up (not saying that is what you are doing, but many do) I took what the Poster's here said, brutally honest and nice and sweet and dug in for the duration  ...so much wasn't known about Benzos when I was prescribed it and got used to it and tolerant...how do I know you have hit tolerance?  If you look it up you will see that everything you wrote was describing tolerance, and sadly tolerance and kindling just might mean you won't stabilize but will have to tough it out...tolerance is a physical state not a moral state...there are no moral judgement about how we each got to the point we are.  Anger at me is OK, especially if it results in pushing you to accept that you have a real fight ahead of you, and it isn't with me..it is against that Benzo Beast.

Again, I wish you the best and will follow your journey with hope understanding....

I think stabilising usually takes a few days or a couple of weeks tops. It only ever took me 3 days but I realise people are different. You might be an unlucky one who hasnt been able to stabilise after an updose or your updose wasnt big enough. I remember once I cut and felt horrific and then updosed a little bit with no affect so I had to go a bit higher than where I cut from.

Shamo... How long before you felt awful and then updosed? Basically how long can you wait?

1mg of Ativan = 10 mg of Valium, if you are only on 6mg it might be not enought to stabilise

Man if you want to save years of suffering for Nothing, taper slow, you will stay functionnal, might have disconfortable symptoms but Nothing compare to the years of proctated hell waiting for you if you taper to fast

Believe man , i was on 20 mg prazepam wich is like valium, i did Ashton taper from 20mg to 7mg by reducing 10% every 15 days, all was manageable, i was maintaining my job throught it, then stupidly cold turkey the last 7mg because i was bored by the long time it take to taper slow

Man i cant describe you what's happened, i lost all my life, i lost now 3 years of my life completly disabled unable to work, to walk, to socialize, to sleep, am in severe proctated withdrawal still suffering hell 28 month off the drug just because i was impatient to taper slow my last 7mg

Man if you dont want to end in the proctated area like all people who just did wrong taper, dont do like them

the only wait out of this drug is slow micro taper

It took me 11 weeks to stabilise after reinstatement and updosing despite being told by people on here I was paradoxical kindled and all other matter of scare stories. After speaking to bat they told me in 21 years they had never known any updosed or reinstatement not stabilise as long as no arbitrary deadlines were set, many people who say they never stabilised should rephrase it as they never gave themselves enough time.  I feel extremely stable and functional after the chaos that is stabikisation, have begun my taper almost 2 weeks ago and have had only minor symptoms _ that wouldn't happen if I had 'kindled' cutting while unstable with symptoms will make you sicker that is just common sense and I agree with the last post I will be tapering slow to function keep my job and look after my kids. Good luck and don't believe all the negativity about updosing x

It took me 11 weeks to stabilise after reinstatement and updosing despite being told by people on here I was paradoxical kindled and all other matter of scare stories. After speaking to bat they told me in 21 years they had never known any updosed or reinstatement not stabilise as long as no arbitrary deadlines were set, many people who say they never stabilised should rephrase it as they never gave themselves enough time.  I feel extremely stable and functional after the chaos that is stabikisation, have begun my taper almost 2 weeks ago and have had only minor symptoms _ that wouldn't happen if I had 'kindled' cutting while unstable with symptoms will make you sicker that is just common sense and I agree with the last post I will be tapering slow to function keep my job and look after my kids. Good luck and don't believe all the negativity about updosing x

Thanks, hopefully I am as lucky as you. Even with stability I have found that almost any amount of alcohol throws me into a really bad paranoia about 24-48 hours after it wears off. So... Staying away from the alcohol from now on. Thank you so much

Blaggybum.... Can this be true for kolonopin too ?  I only seem to see this work for Valium users mostly.....

Also, I wonder because it was ativan that did this to me, and waiting for 10 months to go on a different benzo if the same principle applies?  Would you happen to know?  Iam in extreme torture .... Signature explains....

Any insight please.... Much appreciated....I don't know how to proceed..... Was on milk for 6 months.. Did me in... Just switched to pills.... The k never made me feel good anyway... Dose too strong.. Very scared... Thank you

I would not touch alcohol at all it acts on Gaba so it will destabilise you, not worth the suffering afterwards. I do not know much about klonipin it's not really used in the UK but it has a fairly long half life and us still a Benzo so you will stabikise. It looks like you have been micro tapering - I know a lot of people swear by it but cutting daily gives no time for the receptors to adjust to a new dose so you would just be unstable all the time. Well that's my opinion as a biochemist but many would  disagree. Good luck x

I would not touch alcohol at all it acts on Gaba so it will destabilise you, not worth the suffering afterwards. I do not know much about klonipin it's not really used in the UK but it has a fairly long half life and us still a Benzo so you will stabikise. It looks like you have been micro tapering - I know a lot of people swear by it but cutting daily gives no time for the receptors to adjust to a new dose so you would just be unstable all the time. Well that's my opinion as a biochemist but many would  disagree. Good luck x

Thank you so much blaggy!!!!! Maybe that's the other piece of the puzzle that I needed to change or try... Very much appreciated!  Maybe that concept works for the lower doses (doing daily) but not all the way down?

I guess everyone's different... Thanks again!

This blaggy character seems to have a lot of knowledge, I went through your posts and gained some hope I will too continue to stabilize, as long as I stay away from alcohol. Thank you

1mg of Ativan = 10 mg of Valium, if you are only on 6mg it might be not enought to stabilise

Man if you want to save years of suffering for Nothing, taper slow, you will stay functionnal, might have disconfortable symptoms but Nothing compare to the years of proctated hell waiting for you if you taper to fast

Believe man , i was on 20 mg prazepam wich is like valium, i did Ashton taper from 20mg to 7mg by reducing 10% every 15 days, all was manageable, i was maintaining my job throught it, then stupidly cold turkey the last 7mg because i was bored by the long time it take to taper slow

Man i cant describe you what's happened, i lost all my life, i lost now 3 years of my life completly disabled unable to work, to walk, to socialize, to sleep, am in severe proctated withdrawal still suffering hell 28 month off the drug just because i was impatient to taper slow my last 7mg

Man if you dont want to end in the proctated area like all people who just did wrong taper, dont do like them

This man is telling you the truth. I destroyed my life by trying to out run this shit. It can't be done.

I wish more than anything soneone had told me this at this time last year. Don't let it destroy you, just bed in for a very gentle taper, as long as it takes.

This man is telling you the truth. I destroyed my life by trying to out run this shit. It can't be done.

I wish more than anything soneone had told me this at this time last year. Don't let it destroy you, just bed in for a very gentle taper, as long as it takes.

I have been toying with the idea of making drastic cuts and practically knocking out 2017 for me for recovery, but yeah that really doesn't seem practical. I think it's just my brain in withdrawl ramping up my OCD symptoms thinking I'm never going to stabilize again.

Making healthy lifestyle choices and not watching my body and brain fail after a rapid taper seems like the better option. And I know healing is done on the way down too. I'm just waiting to stabilize.

I am struggling with whether I should c/o to valium or not. I don't know if I would suffer similarly, and then potentially have a bad reaction to the valium or something.

If you make drastic cuts, you greatly increase the chance of your recovery being much more brutal and taking a lot longer than 2017. And you also increase the chances of having to reinstate because it's all so hard, and starting the thing over again.

That's exactly what I'm starting to think. That I need to chill, accept this for what it , that it's going to take a while, and that it shouldn't be at the forefront of my obsessions and life during the process. I will grow as a person all throughout the journey.

Hopefully. Lol.

This has turned into a great discussion, thanks everyone

Yeah that's exactly the right attitude. I thought I was tougher than everyone else and could get off it quicker. I suffered a hell I did not believe existed and still lost the lot.

It seems it may have been better off ? I guess it would be easier to say that AFTER you go through it, not before. I mean, with my rapid taper I had to reinstate, so it seems painfully obvious I couldn't handle a cold turkey or an even more rapid taper than before, so I really need to eliminate that option from my head.

Hey, good thread!

I think that guy who posted about dropping the last 7mg and then going into protracted is on to something.. I was a complete idiot about my taper in the beginning and I think I have been paying the price for it.  I went from 3.5mg of clonazepam down to 1.0mg  (cause like Belfast said, I thought I was a tough guy.. : ), and I ended up with almost complete amnesia and the most brutal DP.. I felt like my entire persona and all of my experiences and knowledge was just ripped away from me, and I was left in a shell of my former self - a quivering mess!  I stayed at 1.0mg for 2 months, then dropped down to .75mg, and started to have such a hard time I finally started researching benzo w/d..

I guess I was just naive, and I never imagined in my wildest dreams that something that was prescribed could wreak so much hell...

I often wonder how I would be fairing if I'd done my research ahead of time, and done 10% cuts every 15 days or so.. It doesn't do any good to think this way, but I'd probably be doing a whole lot better than I am now.. Anyway, I'm about 9 months off, and I hate to think of it taking another 2 years or so.. FUCK!

I'd say, go slow, no sense rushing it, as it's been pointed out, rushing it, could end up taking a lot longer to heal from..

Eric