A teacher now ....

[ta...]

Buddies,

I would like to apologize for being a selfish person. I should have publish my success story much earlier.  Thousand apologies again buddies. My english is bad, so please ignore grammatical errors.

You and I know the suffering of this benzo hell ( but I assume hell must be a better place), so I will not describe how much I suffered. I suffered from SSRIs,SNRIs, tricyclic benzos and "alprazolam". I have not mentioned much in my signature.

To start with, the day I learnt that whatever I was suffering from, I decided to recover myself. In this forum, I was a mere visitor, every single day for years. It was in the third quarter of 2014, I felt like that withdrawal was over. So I engaged myself for teaching professionship and joined a senior secondary school by January 2015. Till date I am teaching mathematics.

So, recovery is there mates ! No more withdrawal, both psychologically and physically. Yes, I must be honest to mention here that, there are some minor GI issues occasionally, which is negligible.

Aftermath life, post withdrawal is much smoother for me. I am a new person now and I love this new life. Hang in there budddies, there is complete recovery.

Yours,

tamocha11

P.S. I need help from someone, who is (are) residing in Missisauga. My eldest sister is there, and unfortunately I have just confirmed that she is suffering from withdrawal. I need to convince her about withdrawal and the recovery process. She has no idea about it. I live in a remote village in Eastern part of the Globe.

*** Please do not lose hope. Hope gives you life, please do not lose it. Please learn to laugh it out, however difficult it is. It is hard to convince others, yet you please convince yourselves that you are going to overcome this problem. Every problem have solution(s). Stay bless buddies. ***

*** Update on 04/02/2021:- I am an assistant professor teaching mathematics. I have no health problem, as of now.

Hello tamocha11

I am so pleased you are doing well, I know you had a tough time.  Congratulations on going back to school, I am sure you will be a wonderful teacher. 

Well done to you, and thank you for posting.

Magrita :smitten:

A big Congrats!  How exciting to hear about the life you are creating for yourself after benzos. 

To know that your brain and focus came back on board to allow you to prepare for a teaching profession is awesome.

It gives us all hope for what is possible post taper. 

I learnt the lesson of life. If we really want to achieve something, then we achieve it. It is just a matter of time. This forum has been an inspiration. In fact it is my home.

FelisEvera, my friend, definitely you will. There were times in which I could not even properly calculate simple integral calculus. Today, I am teaching the aspiirant students of pre engineering mathematics. Nothing is impossible my friends. Believe it or not, after benzo, I am told, I look much younger. No one, execpt my wife belives that I am 46! I look like 25!😊

Buddies,

I would like to apologize for being a selfish person. I should have publish my success story much earlier.  Thousand apologies again buddies. My english is bad, so please ignore grammatical errors.

You and I know the suffering of this benzo hell ( but I assume hell must be a better place), so I will not describe how much I suffered. I suffered from SSRIs,SNRIs, tricyclic benzos and "alprazolam". I have not mentioned much in my signature.

To start with, the day I learnt that whatever I was suffering from, I decided to recover myself. In this forum, I was a mere visitor, every single day for years. It was in the third quarter of 2014, I felt like that withdrawal was over. So I engaged myself for teaching professionship and joined a senior secondary school by January 2015. Till date I am teaching mathematics.

So, recovery is there mates ! No more withdrawal, both psychologically and physically. Yes, I must be honest to mention here that, there are some minor GI issues occasionally, which is negligible.

Aftermath life, post withdrawal is much smoother for me. I am a new person now and I love this new life. Hang in there budddies, there is complete recovery.

Yours,

tamocha11

P.S. I need help from someone, who is (are) residing in Missisauga. My eldest sister is there, and unfortunately I have just confirmed that she is suffering from withdrawal. I need to convince her about withdrawal and the recovery process. She has no idea about it. I live in a remote village in Eastern part of the Globe.

*** Please do not lose hope. Hope gives you life, please do not lose it. Please learn to laugh it out, however difficult it is. It is hard to convince others, yet you please convince yourselves that you are going to overcome this problem. Every problem have solution(s). Stay bless buddies. ***

Tamocha- Great job!  Nothing like a good success story.

Also, how do you know your eldest sis is going through withdrawals?  Is she exhibiting all the classic symptoms?  Is she in denial? My brother is going through the same thing and believes there's something wrong with him rather than wrong with the meds.

Buddies,

Yours,

tamocha11

Tamocha- Great job!  Nothing like a good success story.

Also, how do you know your eldest sis is going through withdrawals?  Is she exhibiting all the classic symptoms?  Is she in denial? My brother is going through the same thing and believes there's something wrong with him rather than wrong with the meds.

Years back, circa 2012/13 when she visited my village, I saw lots of prescribed antidepressants with her. Recently, my sister in-law, who is also in Mississauga, informed my family that my sister is suffering from some kind of psychological issues, even she rushed herself to the emergency room etc etc. When I inquired about her further, I was informed that her problems are restlessness, insomnia and many more. I have a strong belief that she is in withdrawal. Convincing about it to my sister in-law and my sister's family (especially brother in-law) is the major issue. It is certain that she had been using antidepressants for a long time. Oh yes, I am informed that she cannot see light, she cannot tolerate noise etc.Her family do not pick up my calls also.

That's terrible.  It sounds very much like my brothers situation except it's he himself who won't believe us.  You still have a chance to convince the in-laws though.  Have you sent them information from this site or the survivingantidepressant.org site?  I think if they can read about familiar situations happening to other people a lightbulb might go on.

• 1 year later...
Two years, yes two years that I am leading a healthy and happy life. So, there is complete recovery ! Hang on guys, complete recovery is there.

And thank you for coming back to confirm it.

I hope your extended family is doing well now too and that you were able successfully to show them the way through.

:)  :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

Hello guys!

It has been a long time since I posted my success story here. I would like to bring up this post once again for I am still a part of benzobuddies (family, that is what benzobudddies is to me) and would like to tell everyone once more that "recovery happens and life after recovery is much better".

You will heal buddy as I did!

Tamocha

Wow, so happy that you are doing great now!

How is your sister?

I am in the GTA, but on the opposite side to Mississauga and if she is still in need of help, she can go to CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health) or Womens College Hospital has a specialized clinic that helps people get off these kinds of drugs. They aren't necessarily that Benzo-wise, but they do supervise tapers and follow the Ashton Manual etc.

WinnieDog