Ladies! I need a new style

[Ma...]

Hello Ladies,

I looked at my clothes this morning and in my mirror. My mirror told me that it wants me to change my style. Then it burst.

Joking. But really... I don't have much clothes, because I don't have much money and I have spent the last 5 years on my sofa with my dog.

Jeans and a shirt. Thats all. And that is sad because of my shape - that is really a good one. I think most of women would be happy to have such a body and I cannot handle it..

I would like to be in one of the "get a new style" TV shows.  ::)

So here comes my question: Are there any websites out there in the world wide web that you ladies use to get inspiration or so? The german ones are not helpful at all.. Any suggestion would be appreciated. (My mirror would wish you all to know that it would appreciate that, too).

I need to see pictures of styles and different combinations of clothes - I am too stupid for all this. I have never been able to do that because of all my sickness. But now I want to dress me up. No matter how I feel. No matter if sitting on the sofa again.

Marigold

I'm a man but I know my wife LOVES Pinterest. I like women in dresses, not super tight or revealing but hinting at sexy. Leave something to our imagination! ;)

I'm a man but I know my wife LOVES Pinterest. I like women in dresses, not super tight or revealing but hinting at sexy. Leave something to our imagination! ;)

Oh thats a good input. You have to sign in for getting on pinterest so I didn't do that yet.. but I think about it.

Very cute your statement about dresses - to play with imagination is the thing right?

Yes! Of course, there will always be men who like it all out front and visible but most men have a sense of adventure and exploring the unknown. If you just throw it all at us, there's no sense of accomplishment, no exploring. ALL women have something that men love besides just genitalia, but if you throw that at us first we may not bother to find the rest, lol. Yes, we're pigs. :D But all this is just if you're looking to catch a man's attention, lol. If you have other goals, ignore everything I said. :idiot: My wife said Pinterest is easy to get an account, no money just an email address. I guarantee you will find ideas that spark your interest.

Yes! Of course, there will always be men who like it all out front and visible but most men have a sense of adventure and exploring the unknown. If you just throw it all at us, there's no sense of accomplishment, no exploring. ALL women have something that men love besides just genitalia, but if you throw that at us first we may not bother to find the rest, lol. Yes, we're pigs. :D But all this is just if you're looking to catch a man's attention, lol. If you have other goals, ignore everything I said. :idiot: My wife said Pinterest is easy to get an account, no money just an email address. I guarantee you will find ideas that spark your interest.

well today I went out for shopping. I was very surprised about my shape and the look that the very nice seller created on me. I had taken some stuff and she said no, no, no!!  :nono:You have to try THIS.

I felt like a model because she put things on me like I was a christmas tree (a christmas tree with old winter socks at the feet while wearing "couture" further up::) - but after this I was very very perplex ("I feel pretty, oh so pretty, ...lalalala").

So what have I learned today:

- A lady doesn't need tights for shopping she has enough imagination what the dress looks like with appropriate socks haha

-  I am not looking for a mans attention, I am looking for MY attention. And I got it, wow! Under all that blankets on the sofa there has been a human all the years.

- I can go in malls now without one single panic attack!

I will try pinterest!!  :clap:

Good for you! Self confidence is sexy too so you may end up attracting more men than you want! :D

Well, the one that I already have is enough. Or... perhaps.. I could use some good doctors... >:D

I was just looking at this site yesterday. It's a blog called viviennediaries.com. I only looked at Nov. 22 entry. It showed paintings and clothes based on the colors of paintings. You can "build your wardrobe" with basics to complement each other, then add accessories.  It's pretty neat. I said to myself that when I'm better, I'll start dressing sharp lol-instead of sweats and tees.

Becky  :smitten:

I was just looking at this site yesterday. It's a blog called viviennediaries.com. I only looked at Nov. 22 entry. It showed paintings and clothes based on the colors of paintings. You can "build your wardrobe" with basics to complement each other, then add accessories.  It's pretty neat. I said to myself that when I'm better, I'll start dressing sharp lol-instead of sweats and tees.

Hey Becky, I tried to visit that page but the server cant be found. Could you check out if there is a mistake in the internet address, please?

Thank you:-)

I don't know your age, but you can look at websites like Eileen Fisher and J Jill, and look at their catalogs on line....lots of store, Old Navy, Land's End, etc.  they show complete outfits on models, even J.C. Penney catalog or something like that for ideas.  just a thought for you....

Whoops. It's www.theviviennefiles.com. That should work. Sorry, brain is a bit wobbly these days.

OH wow - thats interesting, especially for me as I like to paint and work with colours around myself to make me feel better. Thanks a lot!!!!

I don't know your age, but you can look at websites like Eileen Fisher and J Jill, and look at their catalogs on line....lots of store, Old Navy, Land's End, etc.  they show complete outfits on models, even J.C. Penney catalog or something like that for ideas.  just a thought for you....

I am in the thirties - thank you for your suggestions, I already found something I would like to have (if only I could buy it in the US without all the shipping and taxes ::)

• 8 months later...

What is your shape/frame? I can find an outfit for you on internet 8-) (I am 27) I used to love to shop on the internet for clothes and shoes.

I am looking at stuff like this on the internet

db73e7e9809d7a73c160c44242e14470.jpg

dear panda bear,

unfortunately my shape has changed a lot (thanks cortisone!) and I am now having a shape like a... ah... I don't know.

On the top I still have a shape like a slim lady. but the further you come down... do you know how pears do look like? yes? then add some lumps of mud... its not nice any more. I am tapering the cortisone so hopefully I will get my original shape back... nice foto - I wouldn't wear it at the moment - too shy :-*

I changed my style recently when my fashionsta Mom and step dad took me on a shopping spree for my bday. I learned the importance of dressing for my body type which is an inverted triangle. Someone else mentioned pinterest and that was helpful for me to get ideas to dress for my shape. You could search for ideas for pear shapes.  I also started shopping on consignment websites like Poshmark and purchased items I tried on in store for sometimes a tenth of the cost. I also started wearing more accessories, a simple strand of pearls can really class up an outfit. Hats are really fun, too, I love cloche hats, especially. I was never that into fashion but it's been really fun and has helped my self esteem.

I changed my style recently when my fashionsta Mom and step dad took me on a shopping spree for my bday. I learned the importance of dressing for my body type which is an inverted triangle. Someone else mentioned pinterest and that was helpful for me to get ideas to dress for my shape. You could search for ideas for pear shapes.  I also started shopping on consignment websites like Poshmark and purchased items I tried on in store for sometimes a tenth of the cost. I also started wearing more accessories, a simple strand of pearls can really class up an outfit. Hats are really fun, too, I love cloche hats, especially. I was never that into fashion but it's been really fun and has helped my self esteem.

I will give pinterest a try... thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Marigold,

Your style should express your aesthetics, personality, values and beliefs. I like a simple, casual style. Simplicity and comfort are key to everything. You've got a watch. That's practical.

Not much jewellery, as far as I'm concerned: earrings, ring, wedding band. Unless you're single. If you are more into necklaces, than wear a necklace instead of earrings. There are so many beautiful precious or semi precious stones. They all have a meaning.

One thing should attract attention. If ppl wear too much jewellery, one doesn't know what one is supposed to look at.

So one doesn't look at anything. Yeah, the jewellers have interest to show ads with women wearing earrings, necklaces, rings, etc. For them it's money.

Just my thoughts and experiences. My taste. I respect we all have different views on how we should look.

I value freedom and independence, so I wear wide or bootcut jeans, kimono sleeves and T-shirts. Usually white. White brightens up everything and suits every color.

I love rock music, so I put on Converse sneakers. I used to wear lots of leather as a rock fan. Have like a dozen leather jackets. Wore them until I got involved into animal rights movement. With Kitty coming into my life.

Privacy is important. So I like sunglasses, baseball caps. In the Summer.

Freedom and being comfortable is essential, so I wear Crocs, cross-shoulder bags. These bags allow you to move your hands freely. I wear Uggs and Emus in Winter. They are comfortable. So I have to put up with these terrible pencil jeans.

I don't need to be adored by men, so I gave up on make-up long ago. Like 10 yrs? They like me anyway. Do men bother to put on make up? I once saw Slash in make-up. He looked disgusting.

I value everything natural, so I don't dye my dark blonde hear. I only wear natural fabrics. Good for the skin.

The colors you wear depend exclusively on your taste, hair color and complexion. If you cannot match colors, check out the net for which colors match. We all have different tastes in colors.

Different aesthetics, personalities, values. The main thing here is too look healthy. Healthy ppl are just awesome in anything.

If you have a musician, actress or some celebrity whom you admire on the outside and inside. You may copy their style a bit. I guess there's a site called Zimbio, where paparazzi take pix of celebrities in casual clothes: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Entertainment

I have always liked best Sandra Bullock's casual style.

What should be most visible are your assets. Think about it.

I remember someone mentioning that loose clothes are better than tight ones. More comfortable. Unless one has got a great figure and lots of assets to show.

As far as designer clothes are concerned. Designers have usually lots of issues. They keep trying to invent sth "original" to justify the price tags. Designer clothes are for ppl who don't know what to do with their money. It's cool to have a few designer clothes. But they tend to be of poor quality and deteriorate after several washings.

When I'm in a shopping mall or outside, I'm constantly on the lookout for women whose style inspires me. Good-looking men are quite rare, so one will notice them anyway.

Style is not only clothes. It's the whole personality, behavior, the way one moves, looks at others.

There's nothing worse than snobs and yuppies.

That should be about it. Take care.

width=420 height=89https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;93/st/20160228/e/last+damn+Ambien+pill/dt/6/k/5848/event.png[/img]

I've always been a jeans and top kinda of girl, except when I had to go on numerous business trips. I think any large clothing retailer has a web page. JC Penny Lord & Taylor, etc. If you don't want to spend a lot of money you may want to check this one out. I have never bought from there but give it a quick look anyway. Sorry you have to pay those fees. Don't you have these kind of places where you live? Oh, I so wish I was your age. ;)

http://www.fairyseason.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search-US-General-Women%20Clothing-PC&utm_term=womens%20clothing&utm_content=women%20clothing

thanks to both of you - at the moment I cannot work on my look :-\

I am back in the battlefield and thanks to cortisone my body has no shape at all at the moment...

but i will keep your informations in mind :smitten::thumbsup: