Dr Carolyn Dean magnesium

[ge...]

Hi BB members,

Has anyone read Dr CArolyns Dean book on magnesium deficiency? It put a lot of perspective for me on anxiety and why we dont have enough magnesium in our diet.

She has a product called REMAG. Has anyone tried it? its magnesium that works effectively and helps anxiety.

https://www.rnareset.com/collections/frontpage/products/remag-magnesium-solution?variant=13899661319

Any feedback would be appreciated!

I am planning on buying her product

• 2 weeks later...
I've used her produce but have ran out.  I'm planning to reorder.  I didn't use it for anxiety at the time but am buying it this time because my anxiety has gotten worse.

• 4 weeks later...

I always felt deathly ill when taking magnesium and have e mailed back and forth with various docs on the subject including Dr. Dean.  Non of whom had an explanation for it and said i should just insist by starting low and slow.  It wasn't until i listened to the lectures of Dr Gonzalez on the autonomic nervous system and how we are either sympathetic dominant or parasympathetic dominant.  In the case of parasympathetic dominant patient will react horribly to magnesium and it could make them deadly ill.

The same supplement that makes the sympathetic dominant well could make the parasympathetic dominant very ill.

So i guess according to him it depends which one you are.

Just sharing what ive come across.

I hope it adds.

Merry Christmas and best of luck.

I always felt deathly ill when taking magnesium and have e mailed back and forth with various docs on the subject including Dr. Dean.  Non of whom had an explanation for it and said i should just insist by starting low and slow.  It wasn't until i listened to the lectures of Dr Gonzalez on the autonomic nervous system and how we are either sympathetic dominant or parasympathetic dominant.  In the case of parasympathetic dominant patient will react horribly to magnesium and it could make them deadly ill.

The same supplement that makes the sympathetic dominant well could make the parasympathetic dominant very ill.

So i guess according to him it depends which one you are.

Just sharing what ive come across.

I hope it adds.

Merry Christmas and best of luck.

I took half one yesterday

Was very ill!

Thx for explanation.

• 4 weeks later...

I have used remag but when I spilled it all over the floor I decided not to reorder and went with Natural Calm from amazon instead. I feel that this works well for me and it is much less expensive (and tastes better).

There are many on BB that are taking these supplements on the list of avoid in this article and feel it helps them.

I think everyone needs to see how different supplements affect them. I know my magnesium helps with sleep and also actually seems to help with some symptoms of IBS.

• 4 years later...
Just adding my two cents to this really old topic. I've been using Remag now for about 4 months, and it has been incredibly helpful for my sleep and my muscle tremors and back pain (especially at night). Literally I can spray remag right onto my back, neck, and shoulders and about 30min later my muscles have calmed down immensely and I can sleep. This stuff is strong so you have to go slow. I spray it on to lessen any possible laxative effects of taking it orally (which you can get at high levels especially with benzo belly). But I'm up to about 1 1/4 tsp a day which I spray on in divided doses (this is about 375mg total, but its ALL absorbed, as apposed to about 20% absorption of oral mag glycinate). Highly recommended. and I have no affiliation with Dr Dean's products whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BB members,

Has anyone read Dr CArolyns Dean book on magnesium deficiency? It put a lot of perspective for me on anxiety and why we dont have enough magnesium in our diet.

She has a product called REMAG. Has anyone tried it? its magnesium that works effectively and helps anxiety.

https://www.rnareset.com/collections/frontpage/products/remag-magnesium-solution?variant=13899661319

Any feedback would be appreciated!

I am planning on buying her product

I have been using magnesium citrate for years as a way to help with situational anxiety. I’m not familiar with the one you’ve mentioned, but the important take away which you may already know is that all magnesium types are not equal since most do not pass the brain/blood barrier, but magnesium citrate does. It is quite helpful for me.